• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 27, 2017
Decided to get on Tinder after was essentially a peer review of my profile and photos so that I could be the most appealing version of myself. But here's the the thing, it's been four days since I started up my account again and I have gotten zero likes.

Not even matches, but the app itself is telling me not a single person swiped right on my profile. Thing is, this happened six months ago as well. Am I blacklisted on Tinder on something that no one is seeing my profile? The chances of everyone, every single soul, passing my profile and swiping left is almost impossible.

I have deleted and relaunched my Tinder account like, 15 times over the past seven years. But it was always just a normal deletion (going through the steps they ask you to go through).

I'm just honestly so confused right now and was wondering if anyone had any similar stories.

Kain-Nosgoth

Oct 25, 2017
Switzerland
i went through all the profiles in my region, never got a match... and it's not like my profile was bad or anything, my two best friends girlfriends did the profile with me

i'm either extremely unlucky or just really unnattractive... maybe i'll retry in a year or two, but this shit is depressing

TheYanger

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
i went through all the profiles in my region, never got a match... and it's not like my profile was bad or anything, my two best friends girlfriends did the profile with me

i'm either extremely unlucky or just really unnattractive... maybe i'll retry in a year or two, but this shit is depressing
Were you also liking lots of people with diverse body types and looks? A match is a two way street.

im no looker but I found plenty of matches on both tinder and bumble, including my current gf, but I think it's certainly less likely if you're just swiping right on the profiles you "really" like or whatever - it's better to get conversations going and move from theee than to be overly picky.

another reason I liked bumble, info was right at the top so I could swipe left on any conservative instantly

Kotto

CEO of Traphouse Networks
Nov 3, 2017
Possibly shadowbanned if you aint even getting swipes from bots/OF advertisers.

Irishmantis

Jan 5, 2019
OP wasn't joking

even though I was making fun of myself I'll edit it out just in case it gets taking wrong

RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017
Why are people jumping in to shit on the dude? It's an anonymous forum, nobody here knows who he is, this is the perfect place to ask

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not saying post your photos (please don't), but maybe you can describe what you're doing in them? Maybe there are some adjustments that can be made to make them more inviting, or showcase more of your hobbies. Sometimes if photos are too static or deadpan, they can be off-putting.

EloquentM

Oct 25, 2017
add a dog to all your pictures. Photoshop if necessary or take a friends doggo. I got the strats

Special Puppy

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Dec 12, 2020
Yeah, you can get blacklisted if you violate rules 1 and 2. Check the terms of agreement again

Alucrid

Chicken Photographer
Oct 25, 2017
19299328339_3288d058af_b.jpg

Kain-Nosgoth

Oct 25, 2017
Switzerland
Were you also liking lots of people with diverse body types and looks? A match is a two way street.

im no looker but I found plenty of matches on both tinder and bumble, including my current gf, but I think it's certainly less likely if you're just swiping right on the profiles you "really" like or whatever - it's better to get conversations going and move from theee than to be overly picky.

another reason I liked bumble, info was right at the top so I could swipe left on any conservative instantly

yes, i'm pretty open in term of body types, i rarely swipped left... maybe i should try bumble

Kor of Memory

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Decided to get on Tinder after was essentially a peer review of my profile and photos so that I could be the most appealing version of myself. But here's the the thing, it's been four days since I started up my account again and I have gotten zero likes.

Not even matches, but the app itself is telling me not a single person swiped right on my profile. Thing is, this happened six months ago as well. Am I blacklisted on Tinder on something that no one is seeing my profile? The chances of everyone, every single soul, passing my profile and swiping left is almost impossible.

I have deleted and relaunched my Tinder account like, 15 times over the past seven years. But it was always just a normal deletion (going through the steps they ask you to go through).

I'm just honestly so confused right now and was wondering if anyone had any similar stories.

Try the r/Tinder subreddit for advice. You can post your profile there and get some feedback.

Zebesian-X

Dec 3, 2018
If you want some constructive criticism I could take a look at your profile. Though you mention already getting your friends to look it over so idk

Capricorn

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
We've all been there OP, don't feel too bad about yourself. I also thought I had been shadowbanned when I reinstalled Tinder after my first try and had no matches, even though I had a few the first time, but then I realised... I just suck at dating apps, I don't have good pictures of myself and I don't really know how to sell myself. Even though my profile was also peer reviewed by female friends and my therapist.

Either uninstall the app or be ready to pony up for Tinder premium. There's no other way. I decided to give up completely.

Senator Toadstool

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
User banned (1 day): Inappropriate commentary
did. op sexually harass a woman

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rework your profile like a resume. Try not to feel discouraged

Status
Not open for further replies.