• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
that cutscene would already be pretty cheesy with the default costume (or any of the skintight costumes), with a skirt and panties costume tho... fuck me. I must go back to my usual gif

giphy.gif

dude

Oct 25, 2017
Tel Aviv
47SgxaF.gif

200w.gif
200w.gif

This is so lame and obvious lol

I honestly love a good fashion component, and a lot of the outfits are great in theory, but it's cheezed up soooooo much it's honestly just funny.
That camera work wants you to look, or it'll make you look.
I really have no idea how people don't feel cringe with this.

Abdiel

Oct 28, 2017

I just wanted to reply to this very nuanced, well thought out take and confirm that I think it's really important that you prioritize your emotional and mental well being and safety, over whatever social norm would promote harmony through tolerating a hostile space.

I know that as a straight white guy, I've made myself sit down and grapple with the privilege that I have to not feel like my circumstances would raise flags for anyone else to just decide to interject themselves into my life and have those kinds of opinions masked as "concern" or outrage.

So yeah. I agree with your take. Even I choose to remove people that show they have no interest in being anything but hostile to marginalized groups. I don't need that in my circle.

Porygon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Mexicali
Yes, that scene is cringe but have you asked where would the camera go then?

IIRC that was a comment in a SFVI thread...

Red

Oct 26, 2017
I am happy to see criticism of Stellar Blade in this thread. It feels like it is being celebrated everywhere else.

RedSparrows

Prophet of Regret
Feb 22, 2019
Just awful. I thought the industry was learning and growing, but apparently all you have to do is pretend a genre isn't being served (seriously, how many melee action games have come out in the past year? like at least a dozen, if not more) and stick a Sony logo on the box and people will line up to gleefully excuse anything, even lining up hand in hand with fucking GamerGate to do so.

I'm so fucking exhausted, folks.

This is where I'm at. Like, this game looks fine from a general gameplay POV, but nothing to go wild over (especially as it only reinforces this kind of feeling that These Games Count The Most, which is absolute horseshit) except it's become a focal point of chud energy. That gif is just plain embarassing. I don't get why people are so fucking needy about sex when there's whole swathes of the net and popular culture AND REAL LIFE dedicated to it, explicitly (lolz). Seriously, the thirst is absolutely pathetic.

That and, yes, frankly, the exclusive 'benefit'/general Sony love in parts of the net have - anything with the right box gets a massive bump because another childish button is pressed (the review scores, if they were of another genre and publisher would, I guarantee you, have a far more mixed reaction here and elsewhere - which is ironic, because it's good scores!). That's always gonna be the case, but add it all together and it feels like a great example of so much in gaming that I wish we could just leave behind.

At least the Stellar Blade fiasco confirms what most of us already knew in that chuds actually don't mind studios blatantly pandering to a demographic as long as they are the said demographic in question.

It was ever thus. Complaints about anything like 'politics in ma games' is simply 'the wrong kind of politics in ma games'.

Last edited:

Abdiel

Oct 28, 2017
Someone just proudly bragged about putting me on ignore for being too "negative" about the game. I'm so fucking tired.

I hopethat whatever has been wearing on you lately in rl settles down so you can catch a breather.

On here, well, people that are being wilfully ignorant is definitely disappointing. Here's hoping that the industry at large rewards games that depict women a actual people, not sex mannequins with "cool fight mechanics"

StayHandsome

Banned
Nov 30, 2017
Differing viewpoints is fine, but not when it leads one to tolerate intolerance. Cutting people off for being shitheels is different from cutting people off for having valid but differing opinions. Their views aren't worth entertaining.

I would never encourage a person who treats them as less-than-human to stick around in that kind of relationship. I'm talking about the kind of topics that get argued over dinner at a family thanksgiving get-together, and yeah there's only so much a person can take before you have to just walk away. I didn't get the impression from the person in question that it was that kind of situation.

There's research that shows that people are more likely to change their stances on things when they feel they've been listened to. I am glad that my friends were tolerant of me when I had some uhh.. choice views on gay marriage as a teenager, because had I been abandoned for my opinions I might have just gone down the rabbit hole, sought others who thought like me, and not ended up reversing my stance. It's especially easy these days because of how it simple is it to find a Reddit community that reinforces your views and makes you feel validated.

Ciao

Jun 14, 2018
Yeah, japanese-artist-twitter is just gifs of her ass during various cutscenes today. Gonna be hard to browse at work.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
"femboy" I yell at the nasty game critic Dmax3901 as I return to choosing a cute outfit for my virtual Barbie and what earrings, glasses, hair style and colour I want to go with it.

This has been eating at my mind since you mentioned it yesterday.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I would never encourage a person who treats them as less-than-human to stick around in that kind of relationship. I'm talking about the kind of topics that get argued over dinner at a family thanksgiving get-together, and yeah there's only so much a person can take before you have to just walk away. I didn't get the impression from the person in question that it was that kind of situation.

There's research that shows that people are more likely to change their stances on things when they feel they've been listened to. I am glad that my friends were tolerant of me when I had some uhh.. choice views on gay marriage as a teenager, because had I been abandoned for my opinions I might have just gone down the rabbit hole, sought others who thought like me, and not ended up reversing my stance. It's especially easy these days because of how it simple is it to find a Reddit community that reinforces your views and makes you feel validated.

It's the kind of thing where I know where you're coming from, but at the same time, sometimes you DO have to cut bait. I have some cousins whose dad is a hardline super-omega-level Republican. Dude's been in the finance industry since before I was born, rich as hell, etc. He's never been anything less than perfectly nice to me and bends over backwards to help me when I need it. But he's also DEEPLY Republican, and his reaction every time I mention a political issue is this dismissive, joking "Iiiiiiii don't believe that". He's got firewalls around his mind so thick that nothing I say gets through. Has that stopped me from trying? Not yet. But oftentimes I really want to. His kids are also Republican, but they actually have dialogues with me and listen to me when I talk to them. Sometimes I can change their minds on things, or at least make them think about the stuff they've absorbed from their dad and the internet. It's not perfect, but they're not dyed-in-the-wool Trumpers like our grandma was before she died.

But there are people out there who are even worse than him. The kind of people who actively FIGHT with you instead of just defensively trying to preserve their cognitive dissonance sphere of protection. And I don't blame anyone who can't put up with those kinds of folks and just give up rather than trying to convince them. Sometimes self-preservation needs to take precedence, you know?

I hopethat whatever has been wearing on you lately in rl settles down so you can catch a breather.

On here, well, people that are being wilfully ignorant is definitely disappointing. Here's hoping that the industry at large rewards games that depict women a actual people, not sex mannequins with "cool fight mechanics"

I just hope shit gets better before it inevitably gets worse again. I've been burnt down at both ends of the candle since March and it's so hard to muster positive energy at this point. Especially when it feels like everywhere you look something or another is on fire and there's nothing you can do to stop it or even help, and people actively brag about ignoring your opinions.

Hrist

Jun 30, 2023
I'm guessing that I don't ever want to look in there, do I.

Just some fragility, some men are just incapable of even handling the smallest criticism of their pantyshot simulator.

They want both the sexism *and* the pat on the head for playing <good game>. They really want *both*. Someone daring to say "uh" just isn't wanted.

fifthblight

Apr 8, 2024
i feel like the gamergate 2 horseshit that's been percolating in the background the last couple of months has made a lot of outlets decide they need to tiptoe around issues that could attract negative attention from bad actors. which like, okay. but if you want to protect your writers, just don't include a byline on the critical reviews. paste just had to do that to protect one of their contributors from getting mauled to death by swifties

Naiad

Aug 27, 2020
Just some fragility, some men are just incapable of even handling the smallest criticism of their pantyshot simulator.

They want both the sexism *and* the pat on the head for playing <good game>. They really want *both*. Someone daring to say "uh" just isn't wanted.

Oh, the usual, still, probably good that I stay out of it so I don't get banned from not holding back, lol.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
i feel like the gamergate 2 horseshit that's been percolating in the background the last couple of months has made a lot of outlets decide they need to tiptoe around issues that could attract negative attention from bad actors. which like, okay. but if you want to protect your writers, just don't include a byline on the critical reviews. paste just had to do that to protect one of their contributors from getting mauled to death by swifties

I don't think it's enough, honestly. Even if the industry drops bylines on those kinds of reviews, the omega-chuds will just focus on any minority voices at the publication and assume the critical review came from them and give them the same treatment even if they weren't involved in the review at all.

There just doesn't seem to be a solution here, especially ever since Elon destroyed Twitter and completely eviscerated its moderation.

Convasse

Oct 26, 2017
Atlanta, GA, USA
Someone just proudly bragged about putting me on ignore for being too "negative" about the game. I'm so fucking tired.
I ... had to refrain from posting some stuff that would have likely gotten me banned. That poster was inches away from calling you woke. There have been a handful of hostile posts made towards you recently when all one has to do is ignore and move on. It's a mark of craven weakness on their parts, not yours. I don't always agree with you, but you're a part of this community and I appreciate your presence here.

Good God, that PlayStation thread is a pit of despair. People are very excited to finally be able to drown out the feminists.
There are a number of posters in the PS OT who have now seared off any veneer of thoughtfulness or consideration. They can be safely marked down as shameless corporate cheerleaders.

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
You're giving them far too much credit. Sites like IGN would totally bring back their "Babe of the Week" section if they didn't think it would result in backlash.

The Boat

Oct 28, 2017
So, today in Portugal we are celebrating the 50 years of the revolution that took down a dictatorship. Since this meant that women gained a lot of rights, Sony Portugal decided to comission a drawing that celebrates their women characters. You'll never guess the character who's front and center!

Aug 31, 2019
I really have no idea how people don't feel cringe with this.
For me it's worse than cringe, it's infantilizing and insulting to its audience, let alone women at large. Its jangling keys in front of your face like you're an infant. I couldn't play a game like that and not constantly have in the back of my mind that the developers consider me an manipulable idiot, who giggles and claps when they see jiggle physics.

I can absolutely see why you would play this game, I hear the combat is great. I can't work out why you would champion that aspect of it though. Apart from, you know.

Kenai

Oct 26, 2017
Personally I feel cutting people off because they have differing opinions (even if those opinions are regressive or handful) is only going to ensure that you surround yourself with people who don't cause you to challenge your own beliefs and morals, and maintain this trajectory of an increasingly polarized social dynamic.

I get the geneal idea of wanting to teach the masses and fight back against the various chud holes that have all too often been allowed to fester and ensnare others, but I feel like those instances are going to be extremely situational depending on the person and in many cases can cause more harm than good for those trying to help.

Lots of people are not coming from a place of good faith. Many people may not be coming from a "neutral" position worthy of debate. Many people may not be equipped to handle that sort of discourse ie have to "explain" their rights or their humanity or their struggles to others or are insulted or told they are lying, especially when those people have to deal with that from people they *don't* choose to hang around.

As an example, pretty much any person would find it extremely rude for other people to display "opinions" about said person/people as factual information. Even moreso with those on display having no input on the matter beforehand. And in debates, factual information being argued in good faith is supposed to be a bare minimum. So when someone effectively opens with gaslighting at "best" (ie "I don't see what the problem is with X, those women/gays/blacks/browns/Jews ECT are overreacting and here's why, stay tuned!") and outright racist/sexist/prejudice rhetoric being all too common, and their only support for their racism/sexism/prejudiced opinion a no-nothing talk show host or something equivalent from the usual "think" pieces, that's sabotaging the entire argumentive process from the start. That's why opinions with no factual basis behind them need to be treated as just that. Yet they are being treated as something worthy of debating, or even swaying legislation nationwide, and so here we are.

Yes, their education system failed them by allowing them to present that type of premise as an argument worthy of consideration, but that's also not something anyone should feel obligated to deal with, especially when it's a matter of human rights, which should never be up for debate due to there never being worthwhile arguments against. Deciding to pursue a relationship worthy of salvaging in spite of all that is going to go to an extremely privileged few when I try, it's a lot of freaking work and heartache for what could easily be a lost cause.

Last edited:

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
So, today in Portugal we are celebrating the 50 years of the revolution that took down a dictatorship. Since this meant that women gained a lot of rights, Sony Portugal decided to comission a drawing that celebrates their women characters. You'll never guess the character who's front and center!
lol…

IMG-4031.jpg

giphy.gif

Palas

Oct 29, 2017
There's this reoccurring idea I've seen expressed in the discourse and even a few reviews now about how unfortunate it is that poor, old Stellar Blade got "dragged in" to a culture war. I have to admit, the idea that Steller Blade got "dragged" into a culture war is kinda bizarre to me since, if anything, the game's marketing has very much leaned into the whole "come look at the sexy doll" vibes. Hell, the official twitter account literally put out a self-congratulating tweet the other day about how the game was going to be uncensored in all markets, and I think it would be very naive to believe they made that tweet not knowing what kind of reactions it would inspire.

It's very hard for me to buy the idea of this game as a "victim" of the culture war, when if anything the game's design and marketing are inviting these kinds of reactions rather than trying to steer away from them.

This is a very important point because if you take the outfits and angles seriously, I don't think you'll find in-universe repercussions. It's objectification in strict sense, because it doesn't arise from the characters. I haven't seen much, but all the sexualization seems totally extraneous to the personalities, tastes and objectives of the characters. So it's extremely on purpose. So come on.

These are the guys who'll ask for "realism" if King Arthur is a black woman and not Saber.

fifthblight

Apr 8, 2024
I don't think it's enough, honestly. Even if the industry drops bylines on those kinds of reviews, the omega-chuds will just focus on any minority voices at the publication and assume the critical review came from them and give them the same treatment even if they weren't involved in the review at all.

There just doesn't seem to be a solution here, especially ever since Elon destroyed Twitter and completely eviscerated its moderation.

honestly even before elon took over, twitter's moderation was...capricious at best. i reported a looot of people for things ranging from holocaust denial to transphobic abuse to outright suicide baiting and death threats, and even in the most blatant and serious of cases, they'd only lock the offender's account 1/4 of the time.

and tbh i think the chuds searching out minority voices at publications to attack is inevitable even if they're getting their way. they'll flood someone's mentions just as happily to gloat as they will to inundate them with threats. a lot of the time they'll do both

fifthblight

Apr 8, 2024
You're giving them far too much credit. Sites like IGN would totally bring back their "Babe of the Week" section if they didn't think it would result in backlash.

oh sure, some publications are full of misogynists and always have been. i did expect better of polygon, though, and i have the feeling that they specifically are adopting the "keep our heads down" tactic

Red

Oct 26, 2017
Fwiw despite often disagreeing with you, I enjoy reading your posts here. You put thought and effort into the ideas you write up and I appreciate that. There is no requirement to do so on a board like this and the care you put into the conversation often shows.

I know that's not much. But I wanted to let you know your thoughts aren't wasted. There are folks out there who will try to drag you down and you don't deserve that.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
honestly even before elon took over, twitter's moderation was...capricious at best. i reported a looot of people for things ranging from holocaust denial to transphobic abuse to outright suicide baiting and death threats, and even in the most blatant and serious of cases, they'd only lock the offender's account 1/4 of the time.

and tbh i think the chuds searching out minority voices at publications to attack is inevitable even if they're getting their way. they'll flood someone's mentions just as happily to gloat as they will to inundate them with threats. a lot of the time they'll do both

I don't disagree at all, you're right on both counts. It sucks, the whole situation is rotten all the way through, and yet somehow the press (probably the executives that own/manage said press sites) are taking the worst route forward possible anyway.

And then, even when the press gives GamerGate what they want, they just lash out regardless. It's absolutely ridiculous.

PAFenix

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 21, 2019
Venting time.
Sorry in advance.

Italy's most popular vg website, Everyeye, has published their review, giving the game a shocking 7,5:

https://www.everyeye.it/articoli/re...esclusiva-ps5-sa-farsi-amare-tutto-63745.html

Once a beacon of independent gaming journalism in my country, Everyeye devolved, over the years, into your typical 40yo male gamer-centered environment: From publishing "news" consisting of reposted instagram pictures of attractive female cosplayers, to promoting "anti-woke" and pseudo-fascist content openly, all the way to moderating the discourse in their comments sections defending their misogynistic and homophobic userbase against any claim or accusation.

I worked for them briefly years ago, and promptly left after some LGBTQ+ friendly content I wrote was pulled from the site and one of the editors gave me the "we don't want to be political, we only deal with entertainment" talk. This was before all the gross stuff they started doing afterwards.
Ever since then, for years, I made it my mission to call them (and their users) out on their toxicity, and I stopped only recently, after causing them to deactivate the comment section of the only LGBTQ+ friendly article they published during last Pride Month (a retrospective they commissioned to an LGBTQ+ freelance writer. This person is not part of their newsroom, and worked for them a total of two times, always during PM, to write specific articles of the sort for them, without ever being actually hired).
Despite still believing in not letting them get away with their bullshit, after a lengthy and completely useless DM fight with the chief editor I decided to stop there: my actions had provoked this guy into eliminating the comment section altogether, taking away the only way for the (few) other outraged users to have their voices heard. My efforts had caused diminishing returns. It was enough.

Flash forward to today: imagine the shock in finding out that they've ranked Stellar Blade lower than the vast majority of websites out there (especially in Italy).
This, together with the massive amount of comments under said review, tricked me into believing something had changed.
I was obviously wrong.

Further inspection reveals that the review avoids the topic entirely, dismissing it with what must be the single most infuriatingly hypocritical statement they ever released in the name of "staying apolitical":

To add insult to injury, the comment section to the review is indeed massive because of outrage, but not the kind I hoped for: it is filled to the brim with gamers complaining about the "low" score for a game "better than Sekiro", speculating that "the wokes got Everyeye too" because the score is under 8, and trolling each other over the game being a Sony exclusive.

I know it was stupid to go check, but it got me worse than I thought.
Also, I am sorry for bringing something absolutely personal and tangential to the topic, but I needed to vent, and there is apparently nobody else out there who cares about this. This thread seemed like the safest place to do it online.

So, thank you for this space, and thanks to those who will read and share a moment of anger and frustration with me.

EDIT: i just read a comment asking the mods to ban anyone calling the game's enjoyers sexist, and I just can't anymore.
Italy is a fucking fascist backwater country and I am happier every day to have left it.

The sticking point to me through all this is despite proof that this site in question fervently didn't want to get "political" and even pointed out they weren't going to bring up Stellar Blade's sexism, they were still blasted for the low score and blamed for being "woke" anyway.

The leopards they were catering to just ate their face, and they're still going to do so.

Chimpzy

Dec 5, 2018
My first impression watching that gif Dice posted:

Well, they made an ass, and by golly, YOU WILL LOOK AT IT, as the camera almost goes spelunking.

I burst out laughing at the comically desperate thirstiness of it, tho I know I shouldn't.

notoracle

Aug 24, 2023
You know, I wasn't expecting the Stellar Blade scene to be that over the top, but that is comical (and awful).

Question, but does the game have any outfit that makes sense for the scenario you're in?

Oct 27, 2017
I must be underestimating the popularity of character action games or something because there are hella quality games coming out and this one never seemed noteworthy outside of how exceedingly lame the attempts at sexy were.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I must be underestimating the popularity of character action games or something because there are hella quality games coming out and this one never seemed noteworthy outside of how exceedingly lame the attempts at sexy were.

That's the thing - stylish action games aren't that popular. DMC is the most popular in the entire genre and it's never been a huge seller. The genre has always been relatively niche because the execution requirements to really go wild in those games end up carving off a lot of potential players.

That's why it's so weird that this game has all this hype being thrown at it. I guarantee you that if Sony didn't put their logo on the box, it would be getting significantly less hype than it's getting now and would mostly just be talked about in niche communities.

MoonlitSeer

Fallen Guardian
Jun 9, 2023
Ah, fuck it, since the costume vid got posted in the OT I might as well go all-in. I'll keep it to spoilers though, since I know some people are looking forward to finding outfits for themselves.
65e98d1432503a9837ce37158e8eb3e8.png

I'm posting the skin suit here first just to show off her default stance in the menu. The outfit's been talked to death, I don't need to go into it. It just does a good job of being a reference point since there isn't anything getting in the way. She's doing the classic chest and butt thrust that you see so often, which will affect how the other costumes fit on her (this bugged me to no end in Monster Hunter World, as an aside). It's also hard to see, because I can't get a screencap low enough, but her feet are ALWAYS going to be in that heel pose. With the one exception that I saw being the bear costume. Even outfits I thought had normal shoes still have her standing on her toes. I figured that would be the case back when I commented on their scanning of the model, but I know some people pointed out a few outfits had some normal shoes, so it's worth pointing out.

28c8c7d04f8c3383dcdb2777929c66c9.png

Here's that dress that I mentioned before. From the front it doesn't look half bad!

540009470f9b8cf75cfdd07e2a0e68c5.png

From the side... she becomes a bell. Black on black is a little hard to see, so I grabbed a recolour of it that stands out a bit better. On its own this outfit is completely fine, it's just the way they've posed her makes it look really bad when viewed at any angle that isn't head on.

2c0108279856982c5dd819050d049248.png

This is the one that disappoints me the most. It's really good as a general outfit, but then you look down towards her feet and you get hit with nonsensical heels. I'm not sure why her feet glow, but it makes it impossible to not notice because they stick out compared to everything else.

95b652b00303718aff81b859824cbffb.png
ef9f06e40b7c23fc33257e9b24077a47.png

The second to last one I'll talk about unprompted. I included the actual name and description for this one because it's the one outfit that actually makes me really mad. Girl, what is going on here? How is this in any way the outfit of a mechanic? Make it make sense.

One last one that I'm going to put separately because it needs a NSFW tag.
5e1dd12a5941436318baffc26cf92898.png

I don't think I need to say anything. It speaks for itself.

Edit: Oh wait, I forgot about the outfit people have been talking about as a reward for completion.

92b336674257460f8a452928294fbaef.png

It really is just lacy lingerie.

apathetic

Oct 25, 2017
It's a Trojan horse of sexism. Package it in a game people want and isn't bad, and they'll excuse anything.

And it works too. I'm really bothered by people that can't accept criticism of an aspect of something they enjoy and take it as some kind of attack. Think at times that is less them excusing that part of the work but instead it is part of what appeals to them about it and not wanting to accept other people's views on it.

The shit I put up with in games I otherwise enjoy. I guess I can be happy that Stellar Blade is so unappealing to me that it's not going to be a Xenoblade 2 situation. Where I love the game despite the shittyness and am at odds with a fanbase that is always on defense against anything critical said about the game. Only reason for me to go into any fan discussion around Stellar Blade will just be for self harm.

ventuno

Nov 11, 2019
The ridiculous nerd fervor centered around Stellar Blade is really wearing me down. I've had an extremely rough month (work bullshit mostly), and watching people all around the internet, including games journalists who should know better, dance around and celebrate the success of that game is burning my candle down to the absolute bottom of the metaphor that I'm too tired to complete.

Just awful. I thought the industry was learning and growing, but apparently all you have to do is pretend a genre isn't being served (seriously, how many melee action games have come out in the past year? like at least a dozen, if not more) and stick a Sony logo on the box and people will line up to gleefully excuse anything, even lining up hand in hand with fucking GamerGate to do so.

I'm so fucking exhausted, folks.

I hope things get better for you. When other things are stressful, everything else that's frustrating and stressfully adds to how you're feeling.

I am both surprised and unsurprised by how Stellar Blade is being lauded. I'm not surprised the gaming community at large is prioritizing gameplay when the story being told and visuals are also part of the gameplay experience, but it's still so frustrating to see others joyfully reverse track on progress we thought we were making. It's so absurd that there's a real possibility a walking example of sexism like Eve will be featured on an International Women's Day campaign. The constant opposition to growth really sucks.

I want to point out an important aspect of what you said: your friends were tolerant of you in spite of your views. In other words, they chose to have faith in you and engage with you. I believe you when you say you are grateful to them for this, but I want to point out that patience and leniency is an effort and a risk even if those who make those efforts are willing to do so. The change still had to come from you…. But so does the willingness to be open and educate yourself. That's on you, me, every other chud plugging their ears, on everyone really.

It's important to speak out and share valuable perspective - it helps push back against bigotry and aggression, it can make a difference… and potentially keep you safe if people who target you are motivated by ignorance.

That being said, we can advocate for change and growth but we can't always be the one to make it happen, the same way we can't force people to listen to us or educate themselves. Putting the responsibility on us to ensure that people do not stray from the right path is a lot to ask of us. Patsy took the time to write an insightful, honest and vulnerable post (thank you!). Many others share their thoughts and experiences no matter how secret or overwhelming to reach out. They share private details, they expose sensitive and vulnerable aspects of themselves… and they could still face rejection, if not worse, for being out there. It is easy to find communities that validate you, but the easiest choice is to block out information and refuse to make efforts you can also make. Information is available whether or not we are the ones to provide them, so this enlightenment could have been reached without us being responsible for making it happen for others.