Will Atlus cancel 13 Sentinels if no one buys the paid demo?

• Yes

Votes: 170 44.5%
  • No

Votes: 211 55.2%

• Total voters

duckroll

Oct 25, 2017
Singapore
Well, will they?

Edit: Would you pay 30 dollars for a 3 hour paid demo packaged like this?

campaign_pack1.png

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I kinda believe the game is all but canceled as it is and this demo is just something they can make money off of

HylianSeven

Shin Megami TC - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Yes.

They should also have Lady Gaga do the music in Persona 6. ;)

Adam Sadler

Nov 9, 2017
I honestly haven't heard anything from this game except the first announcement I thought this was cancelled

Ultimadrago

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
Yes and it will be all our faults! So you all have to purchase it.

Thank you.

lol

Nosgoth

Oct 28, 2017
Quite likely. And even if they don't, I think the game will perform much worse than vanillaware's previous titles.
I, for one, will not purchase this or the final game, despite being a fan of vanillaware and bought muramasa and all its dlc, bought dragon's crown twice, and bought the 3d crystal version of Odin Sphere.

Eriol

"This guy are sick"
Oct 27, 2017
Santiago, Chile
I think is a bit disingenuous calling it a paid demo, its a Prologue game, like some other developers did already.

On the topic if its good ill buy it.

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
For those that don't know, it's an Atlus + Vanillaware 2D game.

13-Sentinels-Aegis-Rim_2017_09-29-17_014.jpg

13-Sentinels-Aegis-Rim_2017_09-29-17_009.jpg

It was announced back on TGS 2017.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
I dont even know whats going on.
What?
Their ground zeroing this?
Not really. It's the opening 3 hours of the game, not anything different. Also, save progress won't carry through to the final release (which has no date).
I think is a bit disingenuous calling it a paid demo, its a Prologue game, like some other developers did already.

On the topic if its good ill buy it.
It's a demo, since it's the same content.

OP
OP
duckroll

duckroll

Oct 25, 2017
Singapore
I dont even know whats going on.
What?
Their ground zeroing this?
They announced last month that they are releasing the Prologue as a retail and digital product in March (Japan only). It will include 3 hours worth of game, consisting of the prologue for all 13 characters. The retail demo is 30 bucks and comes with a mini artbook and mini soundtrack. And a nice box. The save data is not transferrable to the full game.

Yes, they are Ground Zeroing it.

Gun Dog

Oct 27, 2017
Oh, this is that weird game that has naked kids piloting mechas in questionable positions.

Renteka-Bond

Chicken Chaser
Dec 28, 2017
Clearwater, Florida
It wouldn't surprise me, this game has been essentially vaporware and, considering how little anybody even knows about it, I doubt it would be truly missed, if I'm being perfectly honest.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's not even original content, it's just straight up the first three hours of the complete game?

Shit's scummy, yo.

TheMrPliskin

Oct 26, 2017
I didn't realise this was out so soon.

I'm guessing they would either cancel it entirely or reboot it. But I wouldn't be surprised if the demo is just them pulling together everything they have and seeing if it's even worth continuing development. It just seems very odd for progress to not transfer over for such a sizeable chunk of a game.

OP
OP
duckroll

duckroll

Oct 25, 2017
Singapore
Wait....you gotta buy this what it looks like a collector's edition to get the demo?
No you can also get it digitally on PSN for like 10 bucks as part of a theme+avatar combo pack. Alternatively they are also "giving away" the demo with retail re-releases of Odin Sphere and Dragon's Crown coming out about the same time.

Atlus is really trying to sell the demo to people.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I have no idea, but if this project isn't going anywhere, I rather them just cancel it and move on.

Huh. I don't remember the 2015 trailer. That's a long time to not even have a final release date.
Yeah, it's been in development hell for years, for something that's only been described as an "adventure" game.

StereoVSN

Nov 1, 2017
Eastern US
First they need to tell us what the heck is the actual gameplay. Second, hell no I won't buy it despite purchasing multiple copies of all the PS3/Vita/PS4 Vanillaware games.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Impulse is to say no, but the development's been pretty troubled. At least, I think we'll see an English version at some point.

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
Seems to me like this paid demo is a last-ditch effort to make some money off this project before cancelling the project and maybe shuttering the developer.

Secretofmateria

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Why would they do this, release a paid demo, is it a Japanese culture thing that I just dont get?