• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 30151

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 2, 2017

No actual footage, obviously

What I ask myself is, will we see a big surprise when we finally see gameplay material from the upcoming Pokemon game for Switch? Rebooting the series and it's mechanics was a topic during the time when Black/White were released. Nintendo and Game Freak decided to stay with the well known formula. Sun and Moon updated a few mechanics, but you can say in a minute this is a classic Pokemin adventure.

Capcom proofs with Monster Hunter: World that they are able to change an established formula. They actually had done it before with Resident Evil 7. But changing well known formulas is even something Nintendo is currently into. Breath of the Wild is the best example, even Mario Odyssey, with a more sandboxed approach in each world is worth to name it as an example. Nintendo EAD will not be the developer of the upcoming Pokemon game, but they are in close contact to Game Freak. What I think is, we will se a big surprise when gameplay will finally revealed of this yet unnamed game.

Please let me know what you think of rebooting or soft rebooting the Pokemon RPG Franchise for the Switch. Will there be dramatic changes or will we see the established formula?

Clefargle

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Limburg
As long as you don't mean only the original 151, then ok but....BOTW and Oddysey are not reboots, they change a lot, but don't excise their roots and characters

Bandage

Oct 25, 2017
The Internet
It'll probably use the SunMoon engine and add a few new Mon and a new area to explore.
I wouldn't expect anything ground breaking.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It would be great if they did that, but I highly doubt they care enough to do so. Risk vs reward, a cheap rehash of the same mechanics is a guaranteed 10+ million sales basically, why bother investing in massive overhauls and risk breaking it all? Don't fix what isn't broken.

Zen

"This guy are sick" says The Wise Ones
Nov 1, 2017
I would like the mons to actually flit around the battlefield instead of standing in place.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Nah, there's no real reason to. And if the rumors are true about Nintendo pushing Game Freak to get the game out next year, then I wouldn't expect much more than your typical Gen 8 with a decent amount of changes for a new gen (likely in the Sun/Moon engine if that rumor about Stars being a Switch engine test was legit).

Status
Not open for further replies.