• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Are you seeing NWH in a theater?

• Yes

Votes: 450 63.9%
  • No

Votes: 254 36.1%

• Total voters

yap

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Both of my nearby theatres 30 min away from each other are completely booked in the middle sections in every showing thoughout the weekend. I've never seen that before.

Poldino

Oct 27, 2020
Already did yesterday, I'm glad I went because it was nuts, never seen a theatre going this crazy here in Germany. Great experience

Kwigo

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Saw it yesterday. We were like 50-70 people in a 300+ seats theater, that was actually a great experience.
But I'm not going for other movies, that's certain.

Mekanos

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 17, 2018
Yes, probably around Tuesday when crowds die down a little. Fully boosted and COVID rates are low in my area.

Dec 2, 2017
I did. It was a little weird seeing so many people crammed into a cinema with very little mask usage, and cinemas not included under the new rules for needing a covid passport or whatever.

Bufbaf

Don't F5!
Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg, Germany
Seen it yesterday, cinema had vaccination checks, mandatory mask usage everywhere except your actual seat, took addresses of everyone watching, made proper seating precautions with big gaps between every seat and had a proper airflow system installed. Not really worried about that one, when every single shopping tour is exponentially more dangerous.

dusan

Aug 2, 2020
No, unfortunately. Watching movies with mask sucks. Also, no movie is worth the risk of Omicron.

tim1138

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Nope, but it has nothing to do with the pandemic, I just don't really care for Holland as Spidey.

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017
Not only will I see it in theatres, this will be the first movie I try to see in IMAX or Dolby.

Dr. Mario

Oct 27, 2017
Netherlands
No, doesn't really have anything to do with COVID though. I don't really understand why people still want to go out to watch a marvel movie. This itch has been scratched, bloodied, laid bare and the limb that the itch manifested on is now completely gone. I'll watch it on Disney+ whenever their weekly shows have finished and I'm getting a month of subscription again.

(I have young kids though, going to the cinema is more work than when I was a college student with nothing better to do)

Saito

Oct 25, 2017
In a bright blue area with a theater giving half a shit about keeping people safe? Absolutely. I don't live anywhere near a place like that.

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
i probably won't go to a theater again until Avatar 2, or whatever the next cinematic "revolution" is

Deleted member 20202

User Requested Account Deletion
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Cymru
Yes and whilst I don't have my booster till next week. Which is causing me a fair bit of covid anxiety...

I've been to the cinema a few times this autumn and there's never been more than 8 people in there and the rules are being followed. So I've felt pretty safe and comfortable. In fact when we went to see Shang chi,me and the better half had the cinema to ourselves.

I've also chosen a screening today that doesn't look busy at all.

RetroMG

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
My wife and I both have boosters, we're as close to safe as we can be. Still, we will mask up and do our best to be away from other people in the theater. (Which may or may not be possible.)

We're tentatively planning to go Tuesday night, depending on if we can get a babysitter.

Orbis

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Double jabbed + boosted, wore masks. With omicron skyrocketing in the UK this was basically the last chance we have to do something like this for a while most likely.

ClamBuster

Oct 27, 2017
Ipswich, England
i think answers for UK peeps might be a bit different, as a new Covid wave is right on us now

two weeks ago i wouldn't have even flinched sitting in a cinema... today though, no chance

Captain_Vyse

Jun 24, 2020
Yes.

However I'm going to wait at least a couple weeks. Even though I'm fully vaxxed and boosted, I still have a compromised immune system from my stem cell transplant from treating my cancer, and my wife is immune-compromised as well. So no way we are going to a crowded theater.

Wait 2-3 weeks, go on a slow Monday or Wednesday night. Avoid Tuesdays due to it being a discount day for AMC.

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017
We have advance tickets for Spidey and Matrix and it's all in jeopardy now because of new gov rules released yesterday for max theatre capacity. Suspecting Cineplex will refund all our tickets. Alas.

AzerPhire

Oct 25, 2017
I have tickets for tonight but I am going to be rescheduling as the COVID numbers have exploded in my area and the theatre has no capacity restrictions. (they do enforce vaccine status though)

As much as I am dying to see the movie I just can't risk getting COVID a week before Christmas.

Nov 2, 2017
Birmingham, AL
I don't want to at ALL. My partner really wants to see it ASAP and they have an old gift card they want to use so we agreed to go to the earliest showing next week to hopefully get a theater with as few people as possible.

I do not ever WANT to see a movie in a theater again.

Super Moorad

Jul 26, 2018
Yes.

However I'm going to wait at least a couple weeks. Even though I'm fully vaxxed and boosted, I still have a compromised immune system from my stem cell transplant from treating my cancer, and my wife is immune-compromised as well. So no way we are going to a crowded theater.

Wait 2-3 weeks, go on a slow Monday or Wednesday night. Avoid Tuesdays due to it being a discount day for AMC.

I know it's not my business but please don't. No movie is worth the risk.

0ptimusPayne

Oct 27, 2017
Yup going tonight. First time going to the movies in like 2 years. I'd rather watch it from home but whatever.

Old Luke

Jul 20, 2018
Yep, and I actually did.

The city I live is around 94% of population fully vacinated (2 vaccines shots or more), and I've got covid twice (2020 and 2021) so I feel safe to go to the movies again.

Red

Oct 26, 2017
I'm boosted, will be double masked. Last movie for the foreseeable future.

Lord Hypnos

Oct 31, 2017
UK
I was going to, but as I look after my mother who is in poor health it just isn't worth the risk of going to the cinema.

SPRidley

Oct 25, 2017
Already got my tickets for sunday.
Spain here, already gone tons of times to the cinema (and theme parks) all wearing their masks at all times feel more secure than actually going to buy food to the store.
Not only that but now you cant even enter if not fully vacinated to restaurants, bars and entertainment venues. You need a covid passport and your identity card.

Idde

Oct 27, 2017
Yup. In three days. Got my ticket four days ago. Even then a lot of spots in the cinema were already taken. A week in advance. The movie theatre requires proof of vaccination, and has social distancing for the seating. I think it'll be fine. I'm pretty hyped. And already saw a pretty spoilerific youtube thumbnail. Which might or might not be true. Given how titles and thumbails of youtube videos are. And aside from the promo material I just wanna know a little as possible going into it. So, the sooner the better.