• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Jan 4, 2018

xbox_series_x_3d_concept_with_xbox_one_x_and_playstation_4_pro_windows_central_v14.jpg

How big is the Xbox Series X and Xbox Series S? Previously, we were extrapolating from the size of USB ports, but with both consoles now fully out in the open, we can create very close approximate 3D models of how these bad boys stack up.

Our 3D printing team whipped up some three-dimensional models based on the official measurements of the Xbox Series X, Series S, and PlayStation 5. The below embeds show how the Xbox Series X and Series S stack up when compared side by side to its contemporariest.

These embeds are all interactive, and you can manipulate them using your mouse or touch screen. Click and drag with the left mouse button to rotate the camera, use the mouse wheel to zoom in and out, and use the right mouse button to reposition the camera. Typical touch controls should work on mobile devices, too, including tap and drag for rotating the camera, with pinch to zoom, and two-finger dragging to move the camera.

Sunnz

Apr 16, 2019
Although I don't like the height of the PS5, thankfully it's not wide and can easily fit into my unit. Series X no chance, series s is just stunning though for the size.

YozoraXV

Oct 30, 2017
Crazy how small the XSS is.

I wonder how much they all weight, I feel like you can lift all of them with one hand except for the PS5.

Shogun

Oct 27, 2017
PS5 might be one of the ugliest consoles ever but it definitely doesn't look as bad as that render.

Woodsey

Oct 29, 2017
Makes me really appreciate how MS have managed to fit the internals into that Series S case. Wow.

Deleted member 16908

Oct 27, 2017
At this point I fully expect my PS5 to be delivered to my house by a small freight truck.

Nov 2, 2019
Jesus the PS5 is huge. Every time I see it in comparison images I remember just how much a chonk it is. Is it bigger than three OG Xbox One?

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Fuck, the PS5 is large. comically large. First gen DVD players large. I don't hate the design, but its sooooo big

Seganomics

Oct 29, 2017
The PS5 design might actually be acceptable on a console half the size but with those dimensions it looks absolutely ridiculous.

Fennec

Jan 22, 2019
As much as I love PlayStation and Sony, no way I'm buying this monstrosity. I would have liked to play my backlog on PS5, but I rather think that I'll wait for a slim version....

Snake__

Jan 8, 2020
Honestly
The PS5 doesn't look that much worse than the PS4 Pro
The PS4 Pro is already a pretty ugly system

Gashprex

Oct 25, 2017
The PS5 looks more accurate in the interactive render than the static render posted...though still a big boi

Issen

Nov 12, 2017
The PS5 is just too fucking big. Jesus christ.

Don't get me wrong, the Series X is too. But I feel like its form factor makes it just about workable.

Maple

Oct 27, 2017
How the hell does one place the PS5 horizontally? The curvature of both sides is fairly dramatic and I'm not seeing any way a stand could be used for the sides.

Nov 2, 2017
Really not a fan of the two-tone on either console. Neither on the Xbox or Playstation. Still curious on the PS5's actual size though.

gofreak

Oct 26, 2017
Our 3D printing team whipped up some three-dimensional models based on the official measurements of the Xbox Series X, Series S, and PlayStation 5.

There are no official measurements of the PS5... or did I miss something?

No doubt it's quite big, but I don't think they should be claiming an exact match.

Oct 25, 2017
It's ultimately Sony's fault for not releasing actual dimensions, but using images captured on different lenses at different focal lengths as the basis for a size comparison is silly.

Ocarina_117

Oct 26, 2017
PS5 really doesn't get any better looking the more you look at it.

If was striking at first, but it's an ugly piece of hardware.