• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Duffking

Oct 27, 2017
"Analytics firm McLuck" judging by a quick skim of the article and a google search seems to be quite a sexed up description of what McLuck is, unless there's there's a McLuck not being surfaced that isn't a shitty online gambling website.

Although the article does link directly to said shitty online gambling website, so maybe they were just hoping nobody would read the article closely.

Paquete_PT

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
This is probably one of the dumbest gaming articles I've ever seen. Why does this guy keep appearing on Era? He sucks.

Hero_of_the_Day

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I mean, yeah, if I paid a premium for early access that then gets shut down, I'd want a refund and just buy the normal priced version.

SCUMMbag

Prophet of Truth - Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
100% of SCUMMbags on Resetera skeptical of Windows Central reporting in Suicide Squad refund article 'disaster.'

Vash

Oct 28, 2017
Another absolute fucking joke.

People really got butthurt by this game somehow, even well before it came out. I mean, criticism is fine and in some cases undoubtedly valid, but a lot of these people make it sound like the game itself attacked their families. Get a fucking life.

Gutter trash.

giancarlo123x

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Who was searching for that term BEFORE the game released?

Edit: making a statement on that is a high percentage but it's also pretty empty without base numbers which I would imagine were extremely low due to… you know, no one owning the game previously
This. The fucking negativity with this game is so annoying

Duffking

Oct 27, 2017
BREAKING NEWS

Threads titled "[Windows Central] Searches for 'Suicide Squad refund' surge 791% following the game's early access launch 'disaster'" on Resetera spike INFINITY PERCENT following weird ass clickbait article.

BREAKING NEWS

saiko

Nov 4, 2017
People sure love these kind of dumb comparisons any time their hate boners can be validated or even justified.

Agni Kai

Nov 2, 2017
I put so much effort into passing my statistics class and then people just go and write articles like that and get paid for it.

Fucking hell man.

pete_clarf

Oct 25, 2017
Diablo V refund
Diablo V refund
Diablo V refund
Diablo V refund
Diablo V refund
Diablo V refund
Diablo V refund
Diablo V refund
Diablo V refund

Tansut

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Dec 16, 2017
This really feels like a chicken and the egg scenario.

The discourse around this game is hot at the moment, so of course these clickbait articles are going to pop up around it. Imagine all the clicks this thread alone is going to generate. But that's the thing, once social media gets something buzzing the articles are soon to follow. Or vice versa if there's enough of the latter.

Kyra

The Eggplant Queen
Oct 25, 2017
New York City
I really feel like now more than ever gaming media is finding the clicks surrounding negative news about games, studios, ECT to be too enticing and the sensationalist headlines are getting out of hand. I know click bait has existed for some time now but I feel we are in the era of click bait centered around painting launches of games as a disaster or the state of development as a dumpster fire and whatnot. Making mountains of out of molehills at every turn to create a narrative.

SirKai

Dec 28, 2017
Washington
Any day now I'm expecting a disgusting spin article by Jez about how MS actually saved more jobs at ABK because the layoffs would have been worse without the acquisition. Or something.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
And that's why its better to not preorder and wait and see how things work out in week 1. Was paying 30 bucks extra and playing it a couple of days early worth it? I ask that generally - because Im trying to avoid preordering or going week one on any games these days since launches are so unreliable...

OP
OP
Son of Sparda

Son of Sparda

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
If that was your goal in creating the thread you'd think you would have blasted them in your OP instead of just linking an article and quote and doing nothing but else.
"Then why did you make the thread in the first place"

This is an acceptable source here running a news report on an upcoming game. If they decide to put their foot into their mouths then that's on them and people are free to call them out. I just posted their article without adding anything to it.

luminosity

Oct 30, 2017
Get me the last years' worth of games "refund [game title]" numbers on day 1 of launch and then we'll talk.

MoonlitBow

Oct 25, 2017
This thread already said what I was thinking. 791% of 0 is 0 so I was confused as to how they got that percentage.

Spork4000

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
What's the average spike when a game releases? No one tries to refund an unreleased game…..

Status
Not open for further replies.