• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 27, 2017
Cool that people are still making mods for the game.

Still a goddamn awful game in every way, but cool nonetheless.

Downpour and Origins are better.

djshauny1

Oct 27, 2017
Last edited:

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
I hereby shine the Dusk Golem signal.
Wicked that this is being made, I own the game and would be very interested in playing it with these modifications :D

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Yeah well, thanks, but as of now, I have only PS4 and X1X. Besides my PC haveIntel Core i9-7940X, but only cheap 1050Ti GPU to drive my monitors. So would that be enough?
GTX 1050 Ti should be enough methinks.

BTW if anyone wants to get the game but it isn't showing in their Steam region, you can get keys for it from here
https://www.wingamestore.com/product/8209/Silent-Hill-Homecoming/
https://www.humblebundle.com/store/silent-hill-homecoming?hmb_source=search_bar

Wait for them to go on sale of course :V

M1chl

Banned
Nov 20, 2017
Czech Republic

Molto

Oct 27, 2017
I actually enjoyed this on PS3. Not the best SH by a long shot, but I didn't find it terrible. Good to see people improving the PC version.

KingBae

Oct 28, 2017
I enjoyed it as a horror game. Doesn't add much to the SH universe, though. I think it has some brilliant moments too. It's cool to see a mod like this come out. A little OT but What's the best way to play Downpour right now? It's the only SH game I've missed.

Deleted member 1265

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'll try the game this way eventually (my first pc playthrough attempt got cut short) but god do I wish Downpour was getting some of these fixes and improvements instead. :(

What I wouldn't give to have the other SH games on steam.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Just a heads up: The site mentions that the game should be played Windowed, unless you don't mind playing at a resolution smaller than your screen that way, you can use software such as Borderless Gaming to make it Borderless Windowed (it is still windowed but without the title bar at the top and your rig will treat the game as if it is running Windowed but it'll be to the size of your screen be it 1080p or higher)

KainXVIII

Oct 26, 2017
Wait a minute, isn't patch from youtube video and patch from Steam006 guy are different things (one is g_SilentHill.sgl replacer other is dll with ini and exe files)? Or they work together?
Still i only tried one that replaces g_SilentHill.sgl (+patch with playstation button prompts) and it works pretty good! You only need to cap 60 fps (or whatever you want) with RTSS or framepacing issues will be wild, still game stutters a little during cutscenes.
Also SH:H on sale on Greenmangaming (88% discount) right now.

Some screenshots (with forced 4xSGSSAA and HBAO+ through Nvidia Inspector), sorry for jpg's though lol

20180723143941_15feme.jpg

20180723144013_11zci0.jpg

20180723144146_140ids.jpg

Deleted member 43446

User requested account closure
Banned
May 15, 2018
Homecoming it's actually the game that got me into the Silent Hill series so I have very fond memories of it. SH1 became my favorite and then SH2 but I liked Homecoming more than 0,3,4 and the rest...

Deleted member 29237

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
I'm getting a virus warning from Windows Defender for this, anyone else? Kind want to try the game but not enough to risk getting anything...

Sailent

Mar 2, 2018
I'm getting a virus warning from Windows Defender for this, anyone else? Kind want to try the game but not enough to risk getting anything...

You should be good if you are downloading from the original link. WD probably just detects some weird .exe or setup and deletes it just in case.

Dr. Caroll

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
No, it was on Wii, PS2 and PSP. All 3 you can very easily emulate on PC with very good results.
This isn't correct, IMO. The PS2 version of Shattered Memories is completely broken in emulation. Something about the game's streaming system seems to send PCSX2 haywire. PPSSPP has major problems with the flashlight rendering. Wii emulates perfectly, and it has far superior graphics, but those waggle controls are so irritating.

Oct 25, 2017
GMG having this for less than $5 plus this thread equals me really wanting it. I'm pretty much a casual SH fan who has played through the first two and some of the third.

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
This isn't correct, IMO. The PS2 version of Shattered Memories is completely broken in emulation. Something about the game's streaming system seems to send PCSX2 haywire. PPSSPP has major problems with the flashlight rendering. Wii emulates perfectly, and it has far superior graphics, but those waggle controls are so irritating.

For what it's worth, I recall being able to emulate the PS2 version fairly successfully a couple of months ago. Seemed to work without any notable issues.

I played the PSP version on original hardware and turning off the flashlight improved performance and made everything much more snapper from what I remember about that lol.

Deleted member 30544

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Nov 3, 2017
The game has many many many shortcomings but one of the best and most unsettling stories of a SH game. I wish to have a powerful PC to try this out. If you have the means, give it a chance, but just for the story.

Delriach

Combat Designer
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
I remember when I got Homecoming and soon realized that there wasn't an option to invert the normal camera. And I actually sent an email to support and got a reply saying that it was "by design". I proceeded to play Dead Space instead, which offered me the exact control scheme I expected from 3rd person games.

thepenguin55

Oct 28, 2017
Downpour is a rough but inspired game to say the least. The story in Shattered Memories intrigues me but I've never gotten far as I hate the actual playing of the game. I hate everything about that game that isn't cutscenes (even then the story was going in a direction that felt... predictable; I feel like I know what the ending will be
He was dead all along!!!!
). Origins was a dull but enjoyable game with a mostly dumb story. Homecoming is a game with some cool moments that was visually impressive at the time and has a great soundtrack but overall it's kind of awful. SH1... great music and atmosphere but otherwise doesn't really hold up. SH4 is frustrating to play but I love the story. SH3 is fantastic as is SH2. SH2&3 are all time classics.

-shadow-

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Whaaaaat, naw. Homecoming is pretty much among the most hated along with completely out there games like Book of Memories. Origin & Downfall certainly aren't perfect (or even great...or, good, in most cases) but they are in a whole other league than this:
latest

SH: Homecoming is a legit embarassement and shows a complete and utter disregard for absolutely everything the Series stands for.
I know Eli Roth films are terrible, ut I don't remember Hostel looking quite this shitty...

KainXVIII

Oct 26, 2017
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1280019463 new version 1.23 by unknownproject
-60+ FPS
-Increased Memory. (Doesn't require that 4GB Patch Tool, this makes the game more stable/stops the game from crashing frequently).
-Animations & Physics fixes (No more fast talking character models & physics not rapidly twitching)
-Access your game save file via game's root folder.
-Map & Item inspection, Photos & Drawing inspection UI has now been fixed! (Up to 4320x2160 screen resolution support.)
-Fixed occasional long freezes. (This results in disabling the autosave feature as that was broken and causes the issue..)
-Fixed minor animations that was affected by 60FPS+.

-Includes hotkeys.txt to display assigned hotkeys. -Hotkeys.txt can be downloaded seperately in Github.
-Supports up to 4320x2160 screen resolutions.
-Support for 21:6 aspect ratio screen resolutions [Experimental].