MattAces

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Malaysia
If you're facing any game crashing issue, turn off Super Sampling mode.

72de4f6649f809cd543e4baceea0727d.jpg

If you're writing for any website with WipEout VR, please feel free to share it and I'll update it.

PushSquare - WipEout PSVR Will Absolutely Melt Your Mind
Quite simply, this has become one of the best virtual reality releases on the PS4 to date. While we criticised WipEout Omega Collection for recycling the same set of content one too many times, experiencing it all with PlayStation VR is revelatory. The fact that Sony's managed to deliver an update of this quality free-of-charge is frankly astounding, and pairing its release with the headset's recent price drop may prove to be a masterstroke. This is a killer app – it's that good.

Pure Playstation - WipEout PSVR is One of the Best Looking Games Available
No, this is not a joke. I've been to the future where gravity defying races are the norm. A future where blowing up competing racers is not only considered normal, but is actively encouraged. I've been in WipEout VR. It is phenomenal.
If you're a PSVR owner on the fence about WipEout, I'll just say that I recommend it without any hesitation. It's a great game by itself, but VR takes it to a whole new level.

Eurogamer - WipEout Omega Collection's PSVR upgrade arrives today
We've had access to the PS4 Pro version, we've played it extensively - and it's rather special.
PS4 Pro renders natively at 1620p before downsampling to the visor's 1080p display
This is a zero compromise WipEout experience in just about every sense - and that extends to the intensity of the action.

Destructoid - WipEout Omega Collection is amazing in VR
It looks and plays like a dream
I feel pretty confident calling it one of the best PlayStation VR titles to date, right up there with Resident Evil 7. The cockpit view in VR is so good -- not just to look at, but to play -- that I'll have a tough time going back to the old standard.

UploadVR - 9/10, Amazing
Ultimately, it's hard to say a bad thing about the package, though an argument could be made for the need to experience something genuinely new. Some of the tracks are technically being reused for the third time over considering HD mixes some of the older games in the series. Still, I challenge you to take any of them for a spin in VR and not come away feeling like you've experienced something very different from what's come before.

The Verge - Drop what you're doing and play Wipeout on PSVR immediately
So while Omega Collection played as well as ever and looked great in 4K if you had the hardware, it was second- and third-hand content that didn't really make full use of the PS4's power.
That criticism is no longer valid. Wipeout Omega Collection is one of the best VR games I've ever played, and may well be the best reason to buy a PSVR at this point.

Thegg - 5/5, It's one of the best VR games on the market right now!
I'm going to make this very short and sweet. So all that I'm going to say is this, If you have a PSVR headset, then buy "Wipeout Omega Collection" as soon as possible, and if you don't have a PSVR, then it's about time for you to consider it. Why? Because "Wipeout Omega Collection VR" just happens to be one of the very best VR games on the market right now, and it also offers one of the coolest racing experiences up to date.

JVL - Our best score for a VR game so far!
It's fast, it's furious, a truly immersive experience. This is the new #PlayStationVR Killer App.

Youtubers Impression
Digital Foundry

NX Gamer

Vic Bary

Random Twitter Impression
EqpkumB.png

BT9BehG.png

Last edited:

Memento

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I have seen nothing but high praise for this.

Best PSVR game material impressions

PepperedHam

Oct 27, 2017
Pennsylvania
It's fucking incredible. Has good settings too for motion sickness prone individuals. I'm pretty lucky in that regard so I was able to turn off any of the safety type settings and it's absolutely wild. It looks incredible, feels incredible, and is up there with Skyrim, Superhot, and RE7 for me as far as must try VR experiences on PSVR, or shit VR in general.

Myrrh

Oct 29, 2017
It really is one of (if not) the best VR experiences I've had to date. More impressive to me than Rez and Resi 7. I've played HD/Fury and 2048 to death countless times on PS3, Vita and PS4, but VR helps make it all feel so new.

D23

Oct 25, 2017
I hope this would move a lot of units because sony deserves it . I cant praise it enough!!

Playsage

Oct 25, 2017
Man, this must be some mindblowing experience

I guess a VR headset could be a possible investment in the future

Huey

Oct 27, 2017
Smart of Sony to price drop simultaneously with this with the positive impressions and press its receiving - they must have known they were sitting on something special.

OP
OP
MattAces

MattAces

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Malaysia
Wow. Universal praise for this. Isn't it a free update for the people that have the game?
Yep free.

Not to mention GT Sports getting the time trial VR update too. And of course April PS+ getting Trackmania Turbo (with VR courses in it). All of these 3 has fantastic visuals unlike Driveclub VR.
Great time for VR racing.

Nerdkiller

Resettlement Advisor
I do appreciate that the update seems to have revitalised the online community. I hope it'll stick around for the long term.

Smart of Sony to price drop simultaneously with this with the positive impressions and press its receiving - they must have known they were sitting on something special.
If they're really smart, they should announce an SKU bundling the game with the headset. Might be able to shift a few more that way.

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe this can lead to a Wipeout sequel!

Sony pls. Wipeout 2050, PS5 launch title, bundled with PSVR

I hope they discount Wipeout, Im wanting to buy it for the Vita version

GestaltGaz

Oct 28, 2017
MOA THERMA! One of my best experiences in gaming ever, really. It's a theme park ride in your house. I don't know what else to say.

Oct 25, 2017
The VR implementation is really the best that I've seen.
Everything works and feels so right, and on the Pro, the sharp lines of Zone Mode are still nice and crisp.

The video capture/compression doesn't really retain the crispness though.

how nausea inducing is this? I really want to try it, but scared I won't be able to handle it
Surprisingly, not very.
I jumped straight into Zone mode, disabling all assists, and locking the camera to Pilot.
I got to zone 102, and I was fine.
They've done an amazing job here.

GamerDude

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I have to say, PSVR is finally becoming tempting.

- Batman VR
- Resident Evil 7
- Skyrim VR
- Farpoint
- Moss
- Wipeout VR

Starting to assemble a list of impressive experiences.

Shoeless

Oct 27, 2017
I have to agree with the others. If you already have Wipeout, then for the price of free, this is a damn VR miracle. Oozes quality and planning, this isn't something that was shoehorned into Wipeout, they made sure it had various levels of VR comfort thrown in. I play with all the training wheels off, but there are some moments, like the big dives/drops where the sense of vertigo that kicks in is dizzying. Really impressive effort on Sony's part. This, combined with the PSVR price drop, combined with people that already have PSVR making their friends play Wipeout is going to move units. You just feel like a futuristic hover racer. Full stop. You just DO. It's amazing.

Oct 25, 2017
The audio really sells the whole experience. The whoosh of passing a cheering crowd, racers coming up behind you, weapons and boosts going off like crazy, turning a tight corner on a vertical corkscrew, and that thumping soundtrack always feeling like a second skin.

It looks, sounds, and plays like a dream. And there's so much of it. You got dozens of competitive sci-fi roller-coasters to race on. Granted, if you're a WipEout fan, you've played these titles to exhaustion, but you'll absolutely crush your old times in VR, and I feel sorry for the non VR multi-players.

Shig

Oct 30, 2017
They weren't kidding with that motion sickness warning on Moa Therma. I got through the race okay (and all the preceding division's events), but during the victory lap I was on that magnetic up-and-down portion and looked to my left to see an overhead view of a boat passing on the water far below the track... whew. Gave me the sweats, had to stop for a bit.

Darknight

"I'd buy that for a dollar!"
Oct 25, 2017
how nausea inducing is this? I really want to try it, but scared I won't be able to handle it

The smartest thing they did was customizing how intense the experience is by letting you define how wide or narrow of a view you see and what the camera is attached to that affects how it moves. This makes it anywhere from an easy to an intense VR experience and it's up to you to decide how you like it.

Kaiser Swayze

Oct 30, 2017
Just finished my first round and I was grinning like an idiot the whole time. It feels so damn good to sit in that cockpit flying down the track at warp speed, and hearing the engines of the other vehicles gaining on you, and the sound of rockets flying past you.

And photo mode is in VR too, which is something I never knew I wanted.

Touring the track at the end of the race is cool. You can really appreciate all those details that fly by you in a blink.

And the machine guns don't feel wimpy anymore. They sound great and have excellent feedback. Make sure you've got your headphones cranked .

v_iHuGi

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I have to say, PSVR is finally becoming tempting.

- Batman VR
- Resident Evil 7
- Skyrim VR
- Farpoint
- Moss
- Wipeout VR

Starting to assemble a list of impressive experiences.

Is Batman that good?

Moss is a masterpiece I loved every second.
Resident Evil 7 no words can describe.
Wipeout VR simply unbelievable.

Mechaplum

Enlightened
Oct 26, 2017
JP
Puke not found. The game is surprisingly comfortable, very strange. Man this is like a roller coaster ride at home, minus the g forces.

ZeroDotFlow

Oct 27, 2017
It's even more incredible than I could've hoped for. The visuals are absolutely crisp and fantastic, the sense of speed you get is top-notch and the VR integration feels like it has a ton of love and care put into it.

everyer

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
this is the best racing vr game I've ever played so far!!!! Loving it! And it doesn't make me sick at high speed.

Overflow

Oct 29, 2017
Wollongong
Cannot recommend high enough; I am absolutely over the moon. New WipEout with VR support it a must for PS5 launch Sony, please!

It's like a super rollercoaster experience with inexplicably no motion sickness.