• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Do you want to see any old Legends characters?

• Yes, Kyle Katarn

Votes: 100 33.3%
  • Yes, Mara Jade

Votes: 94 31.3%
  • Yes, Luuke

Votes: 19 6.3%
  • Yes, Darth Nihilus

Votes: 32 10.7%
  • Yes (Other)

Votes: 24 8.0%
  • No, Bigger Luke should be made canon

Votes: 23 7.7%
  • No, I'm indifferent or against the idea

Votes: 8 2.7%

• Total voters

SolVanderlyn

I love pineapple on pizza!
Oct 28, 2017
Earth, 21st Century
So Thrawn is pulled directly from Legends (although repurposed to fit the new canon), and Ben Solo is basically a mix between Ben Skywalker and Jacen Solo. Who else would you like to see repurposed into the new canon?

I left Revan out, as, if rumors are correct, all of the KotOR characters shall rejoin Disney canon shortly.

I personally want to see Mara Jade return in some capacity. Obviously she can't be Luke's wife anymore, but the concept of an Emperor's former assassin reforming into a Jedi still intrigues me. Plus... her lightsaber is purple!

mara_jade_by_sketchymcdrawpants-d4qf9rw.jpg

Comrade Grogu

Banned
Jun 20, 2020
New Thrawn > Old Thrawn

Unironically.

Also, Mara Jade sucks.

Give me asexual Luke, homosexual Luke, or keep it ambiguous.

Oh yeah, and: Kyle Katarn should be canon.

*Drops mic and flies away*

super-famicom

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017

See, with Wraith Squadron, you get him plus his dysfunctional squadmates, including a master of disguise actor, a medic who is allergic to bacta (the all purpose healing substance in universe) so he gets mechanical prosthetics instead, a guy who loves to blow shit up, and a Gamorrean (alien race that looks like a wild boar, see Jabba's guard in Return of the Jedi) that was experimented on and has am insanely high IQ.

Comrade Grogu

Banned
Jun 20, 2020
Hey, you...

Yeah, you...

Looking here at your computer screen...

You know what?

Mara Jade was a bad character.

This is Comrade News!

Same comrade time; same comrade channel!

šŸ¤Ÿ

Comrade Grogu

Banned
Jun 20, 2020
Why do you like new thrawn over old thrawn? Haven't read any of the new books (don't mind spoilers tho)
I like him because he doesn't have the stupid art gimmick that magically makes him predict other aliens' moves.

That, and I'm a Thrawn hipster (and proud). I never liked Thrawn reading the original trilogy or books that he was in (but I surprisingly like him in the recent material). So there's that.

šŸ˜…

Sagroth

Oct 28, 2017
Kreia, Kreia, a thousand times Kreia.

But Corran Horn would be great as well. And the way he uses the Force would really translate well to the screen.

spootime

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I like him because he doesn't have the stupid art gimmick that magically makes him predict other aliens' moves.

That, and I'm a Thrawn hipster (and proud). I never liked Thrawn reading the original trilogy or books that he was in (but I surprisingly like him in the recent material). So there's that.

šŸ˜…
Hahhaa fair enough thanks, I'll have to read the new ones

Keldroc

Oct 27, 2017
I'd like to see Mara Jade come back, but not as Luke's love interest. Just make her a character of her own functioning in the universe.

And of course make KOTOR 1 and 2 canon again. Not that they aren't already, considering how often locations and events in them have been referenced in the Disney era anyway.

Wubby

Oct 27, 2017
Japan!
Kyle Katarn but not as a Jedi. He was fine the way he was in Dark Forces I. Not everyone needs to be a force user... The entire Tales of the Jedi series could easily be part of the new canon considering how far in the past it was.

Truant

Oct 28, 2017
The Bane trilogy is basically The Godfather of the Star Wars EU, in terms of scope and character development. They could easily leave his story intact and just change the dates/timeline of events. The new canon pretty much hints at his overall arch being part of the lore, but I doubt Disney has the balls to leave the details intact. It's a pretty grimdark story as far as Star Wars goes. Bane basically takes a child slave that he turns evil.

OP
OP
SolVanderlyn

SolVanderlyn

I love pineapple on pizza!
Oct 28, 2017
Earth, 21st Century
The Bane trilogy is basically The Godfather of the Star Wars EU, in terms of scope and character development. They could easily leave his story intact and just change the dates/timeline of events. The new canon pretty much hints at his overall arch being part of the lore, but I doubt Disney has the balls to leave the details intact. It's a pretty grimdark story as far as Star Wars goes. Bane basically takes a child slave that he turns evil.
Eh... child slavery isn't exactly new to Star Wars films, Anakin was one and his mother died in a pretty gruesome way. I haven't read Bane's books, though, so I may be underestimating them based on your brief description

Qasiel

ā–² Legend ā–²
Oct 27, 2017
Kyle Katarn.
It'll be difficult now that Jyn Erso was responsible for stealing the Death Star plans but I'd love to see him return in some fashion. Basically Han Solo with a lightsaber.

Truant

Oct 28, 2017
Kyle Katarn.
It'll be difficult now that Jyn Erso was responsible for stealing the Death Star plans but I'd love to see him return in some fashion. Basically Han Solo with a lightsaber.

You could retcon that by saying he stole the wrong plans or something.

His ship is pretty dope and very different from most SW designs. Reminds me of something out of a more straight sci-fi universe.

jason-lewis-df-updatenew-b1-007.jpg

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
With how things are going following rise of shitwalker, there is no way in hell they don't bring Mara Jade into this eventually.

Cade Skywalker no longer possible to exist is a tragedy.

I think the bigger tragedy is that the Anakin Cade scene was not adapted for Kylo.
Instead they literally just ignored all of it.

Fucking amateurs

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
Why the fuck haven't you jerks mentioned Dash Rendar?

We already know about the Kyle Katarn's, the whole cast of both Kotor games, and them Darth Talon Sith era Sith people, but Shadows of The Empire was legit!

Oct 25, 2017
Arizona

šŸ˜…
Um, he definitely does still do the art thing. I never read the original material, so I don't know if it was handled differently in the 90s, but it's definitely an aspect of his character across the five novels released so far and Rebels.

VAD

Oct 28, 2017
Ezra Bridger kind of took Kyle Katarn's role as the smuggler turned Jedi so no need for him anymore, sadly.
Darth Nihilus has a badass look and was barely developed so I vote for him to get a second chance.

Shopolic

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
At first I thought you mean Luke by Luuke, then searched for it and...!
There is even a Luuuke too? lol
What about Luuuuke?!

Moff

Oct 26, 2017
I'd enjoy a Mara Jade TV Show. I think they could even adapt the story to take place between the OT and the ST with her acting out orders for palpatine during that time. Cast a star like Zendaya and I could see this becoming a bigger hit than the Mandalorian.

Last edited:

Zomba13

#1 Waluigi Fan! Current Status: Crying
Oct 25, 2017
I just want Kyle Katarn to be real again.

Why couldn't they just have named Diego Luna's character Kyle Katarn. I'd be fine with that! But nooooooooooo, gotta make an Original Character Do Not Steal...

Jun 17, 2019
Mara, Kyle, Darth Nihilis, also Kyp Darron please.

And Thrawn is doing the art thing.
Would not be surprised if they did have Mara and Luke have a kid that leads into the future films.

Menchin

Apr 1, 2019
Kyle Katarn and Darth Revan would be amazing, though I doubt they'll reintroduce either of them