Status
Not open for further replies.

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Especially if Sony does take over Bungie and scraps the Bungie board post the Final Shape.

It seems PC, maybe even mobile is the answer instead but I honestly want to know what you all think. Do you think that is likely? Especially if the rumoured Destiny 3 is indeed a thing it may not even release until the next generation in all likelihood.

Is there a reason to worry for Destiny fans on the Xbox ecosystem if that is the case? Or will they just move on to other platforms by then?

I'd like to here everyone's thoughts on the matter and what makes the most sense.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
No. Bungie wants to release their games on as many platforms as possible. I don't see why Sony would stop that.

alexjimithing

Aug 20, 2019
Assuming the next Xbox console is a console as we traditionally know them as opposed to an unsubsidized living room PC, I don't see why they wouldn't release it on Xbox.

There's no particular reason for them to pass up a userbase which, while certainly smaller compared to everyone else, will still spend money on microtransactions.

PucePikmin

Apr 26, 2018
Depends on what Microsoft does with CoD and Activision stuff and if Sony decides to retaliate I think. If Microsoft plays nice, Sony will probably play nice.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
I doubt it. There's an existing Destiny-playing community on Xbox. They're just missing out on money by not releasing the game there.

SirKai

Dec 28, 2017
Washington
By the time a prospective Destiny 3 even releases (5 years from now, optimistic), I'm not sure there would even be much of an Xbox console to release it on.

OP
OP
TheRealTalker

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
it is another generation by then is what makes me question it

just like how 30% of PS5 users were people who never had a PS4 you wonder what the ratio dynamic would be if

a) Destiny 3 is a new beginning with a new profile/character
b) releases for a new generation
c) is on PC as well day 1

you might be targeting early to mid adopters of key platforms by then who haven't even made a chose for what platform they'd like to play said games on

Feb 20, 2024
Nah, Bungie still has so much sway among Xbox only players. Keep Bungie games there.

Provides additional revenue for SIE and Bungie, and gives players an additional option.

Also, as mentioned above, making unilateral decisions to just up and remove platforms after acquisitions is a piece of the larger puzzle Microsoft / Xbox is now trying to solve. And dare I say, walk back from.

Knight613

Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
If they were to give up on the Xbox port and put it on the next Switch I could see that as a conversation worth having. Depending on how easy/hard it is to get the game working there compared to Xbox.

j7vikes

Definitely not shooting blanks
Jan 5, 2020
If anything the decline makes it more likely. If they were neck and neck they might try harder to have more titles to create that separation. But this isn't the PS3/360 time and Sony has essentially "won" at least for now.

So Xbox is just another ecosystem with players that can give money. It would also be crummy to all the Xbox Destiny community and Sony may not want the press. Big difference if it was the first game in a series.

Buzzkiller_20

Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 27, 2017
No, they will release Destiny 3 there. If sales are dire on the platform, then maybe a potential Destiny 4 will pivot away from the platform. They'll only cut if the money isn't worth it.

Judge

Vault-Tec Seal of Approval
Oct 25, 2017
Please do not post reaction threads. Feel free to discuss this in existing threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.