• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Should there be crossplay with PC?

• Yes

Votes: 202 47.5%
  • No

Votes: 44 10.4%
  • at least Opt-in

Votes: 179 42.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 1839

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Kinda going along with this recent thread

www.resetera.com

Waypoint: Warzone Streamers Are Quitting the Game Because of Cheating Activision/Blizzard

https://www.vice.com/en/article/qj8nnm/warzone-streamers-are-quitting-the-game-because-of-cheating-wave

Cheaters on Warzone has been apparent since last year when it launch but it's not just that game, most multiplayer shooters on PC have this problem for years now. With crossplay being a more prevalent thing between systems these cheaters are now being introduce and affect the console players. Obviously there is cheaters in console but it's not as numerous and it's a lot harder to do compared to PC and with the new Halo and Battlefield looming in the horizon seems like it's gonna be continuing.

What do you think?

SickNasty

Mar 18, 2020
People have been playing cod with crossplay turned off since MW launched with it in 2019, it's not a new desire.

Sirhc

Hasn't made a thread yet. Shame me.
Oct 27, 2017
Just make it a toggle so the player can choose, more then enough cheaters on console these days as well though.

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
If it's optional I don't see a problem. Also the title seems to imply that crossplay with PC should not be a thing ever, for anything, including non-shooters, which is of course, total BS.

turbobrick

Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
The only multiplayer shooter I play with crossplay is Overwatch, and finding cheaters these days is pretty rare. Even in the other games I play that don't have crossplay I can't even remember when I last saw one.

So I'd say its more of a problem on a game by game basis rather than crossplay as a whole.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
The solution isn't to quarantine PC players off. The solution is to put a concerted effort into anti-cheat measures.

Bonezz

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Pennsylvania
Cheaters have always been a thing.
And there are creative ways to even cheat on consoles
Yeah there's that adapter that allows you to run scripts on consoles that literally lets you adjust aim assist values and remove all recoil from guns. Early on it was even possible to use aimbots and AHK scripts through PS4 remote play.

flyinj

Oct 25, 2017
Manually opt in. Always have options for Xbox/PS crossplay independent of PC/Xbox/PS crossplay.

Akira86

Oct 25, 2017
I don't give a hoot about streamers, or a kazhoot about Warzone. they can both get fucked. but crossplay should always be an *option*.

also an option is to actively combat cheaters rather than the passive ignore and ban sweep, but one takes effort and money, and they prefer to hoard both.

but to say "why even have PC crossplay" is to ask for conflict, lol. the old "PC is nothing but cheaters and ruins it for everyone argument" certainly will never grow up. some form of eternal youth.

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
Why should the vast majority of PC players who don't cheat be locked out and penalised becuase of a small handful of cheaters?

Why punish people who have done nothing wrong?
I don't understand this thread.

GhostTrick

Oct 25, 2017
Why should the vast majority of PC players who don't cheat be locked out and penalised becuase of a small handful of cheaters?

Because platform warring. There's always an excuse. Last time was GG Strive because "input lag is lower on PC, it is an unfair advantage". :""")

AlexBasch

Oct 27, 2017
"Are you sure you want to opt-out of crossplay? You'll take longer to join a match".

Yep! Pretty sure I want to opt out!

That said, I can't wait for D2 crossplay though, I'm not well versed into PVP to know and learn all the differences between inputs other than the obvious KB+M vs Controller diferences, but it's a godsend for co-op stuff.

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
I always wonder why does it always feel like console players are more concerned by PC cheaters than PC players ever have been?

Deleted member 5129

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Of course it should be a thing.. people exaggerate the cheater "problem". Why would anyone at all play a MP game on PC if it was as bad as all the console players make it out to be? Last time I saw a cheater was in CSGO like 5 years ago.. and I almost exclusively play MP games on PC. Guess I'm just lucky.

PC crossplay should 100% be a thing.

The solution isn't to quarantine PC players off. The solution is to put a concerted effort into anti-cheat measures.

That's the one.

Oct 27, 2017
I must be the luckiest motherfucker because I can count with one hand the instances of blatant cheating in my 15 years + of PC gaming.

Bonezz

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Pennsylvania

Because for some reason people think that companies that don't care = widespread issue. Most game's don't have this issue or even remotely close to how bad it is in Warzone. Battlefield V is the only game that honestly stands out to me on PC other than Warzone because that game didn't and still seemingly doesn't have any anti-cheat whatsoever.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
For as rampant as it supposedly is, I've not seen it happen myself. It seems most prevalent among free to play games, so perhaps part of the solution is being better at identifying repeat offenders?

CTRON

Jul 16, 2020
I feel the poll options should be more thorough than a simple 'yes' or 'no'.

s y

Nov 8, 2017
It should be an opt in

But I wouldn't be mad if it wasn't a thing and cross play was restricted to just consoles.

Onlywantsapples

alt account
Banned
May 13, 2021
As someone whose really excited about cross-play particularly because I get to play with PC friends (I have a friend on PC who I'm very eager to play Battlefield 2042), the answer is to either make cross-play with PC something to opt out of, or to focus more on anti cheat solutions.

Ideally it should be both, because honestly, I also think there's a certain subset of console players who even without the cheating situation don't want to play with PC players, which I think is fair given the keyboard and mouse advantage.

Right

Nov 24, 2017
Crossplay should always be opt-in.
People who downplay cheating issues on PC probably never played the same game on both PC and consoles.

Zomba13

#1 Waluigi Fan! Current Status: Crying
Oct 25, 2017
For all the whining about cheaters on PC I'm either very stupid or I run into very very few of them. Like, I remember playing with people with aimbots and wall hacks on CS servers in the past and when you spectate them or just see them in action you can tell but outside of a bit in PUBG where someone was half a map away from my with an M16 and headshot me with no scope while the spectator/killcam thing had the camera basically just pointing at the ground I can't remember the last time I played against a cheater.

Crossplay should always be opt-in.
People who downplay cheating issues on PC probably never played the same game on both PC and consoles.

That just sounds like the difference with m+kb and controller.

zoltek

Oct 25, 2017
Wasn't there a report about Playstation having the highest percentage of cheaters in one of these games recently?

IIRC, wasn't in-game aimbot cheating type stuff. It was more exploits around losses not showing up on your record or getting into "lower-ranked" games to clean up on the lesser players.

Shogun

Oct 27, 2017
Should always be on by default with the option to opt out if you want. The PC community shouldn't be punished for the multiple scumbags who feel the need to pay to fucking cheat but at the same time if rampant cheating is impacting the game let us make the decision.

Oct 27, 2017
There is no reason not to have it as long as opt in as an option. Of course if you are playing with someone on PC in a PvP game mode you should be going into the PC side. PVE I don't think it should make a difference

Bigg

Oct 25, 2017
This conversation comes up every two weeks and it feels like every single time people seem to gloss over the fact that Warzone's problem isn't PC cross play, it's that their anti-cheat is dogshit and they haven't fixed it.

Because when I see comments like "It's just impossible for PC games to not be full of cheaters," "PC players knew what they were getting into when they got a PC," or "It's more important for the majority on console to be happy than for everyone to be miserable", it feels extremely elitist and biased to me.

e: And for the record I'm not even bringing up the "What about CronusMAX?" thing that always comes up in these threads. I'm well aware PC cheating is more prevalent than console cheating. I'm also aware that there are plenty of PC games that curb cheating with good anti-cheat, and that Warzone fucking sucks at it.

Nateo

Oct 27, 2017
Yes, cheating exists everywhere its not PC exclusive. This is going to be far more common soon. Luckily SBMM exists.

Zomba13

#1 Waluigi Fan! Current Status: Crying
Oct 25, 2017
I always wonder why does it always feel like console players are more concerned by PC cheaters than PC players ever have been?

I genuinely want to know why this is a thing. All the complaints about PC always cheat always comes from console players. IS it that PC games are so overrun with cheaters that players on PC don't notice anymore or is it console players upset that people on PC get to aim with a mouse and they aren't used to playing against players that have access to that precision and speed and are confusing that for cheating? Because it ALWAYS pops up in conversation about FPS games but never in something like a fighting game so it sounds to me like console players thinking kb+m = cheating.

Status
Not open for further replies.