• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Saito Hikari

Jul 3, 2021
For me it's easier to name something I do NOT want to see featured: Bull Pokémon, or at the very least, anything bullfighting related.

I am not an animal fan neither a Poke fan, but bullfighting is something that really annoys me.
I feel like we already got the bullfighting Pokemon through the Gen 5 trio, or at least something vaguely resembling that.

I forget, do we even have a Hummingbird Pokemon yet?

julia crawford

Took the red AND the blue pills
Oct 27, 2017
barcelona and lisbon inspired cities in the same game would be so fucking cool

but yeah the lynx is the coolest iberian animal so that

Psyrgery

Nov 7, 2017
Another cool one would be a canary pokemon (assuming a Canary islands analogue is in the game). A gloster canary for instance:

Gloster-Canary.jpg

Ah yes, the Puigdemont bird

OP
OP
TheGamingNewsGuy

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
Honestly, i think a Ghost Type Pokemon based on Doubloon aka the Gold Coins made famous in Pirate Movies would be intresting

gold-dubloons-picture-id172851771

That or make it a regional form of Bronzor

Sesha

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
It's not from the Iberian peninsula, but I recently learned of the rakali, which can be found from several places from Australia to Indonesia, and I want a Pokemon based on it, cuz it's adorable. Plus it eats the shitty ass cane toads.

5a3f9e90e95ed80d38200906b8a00bd4ab141bd1.jpg

As for animals from the region, I'd like to see fossil Pokemon based on Concavenator

Concavenator_corcovatus_by_Daniel_Vidal_2012.png

Alternatively, Baryonyx, Ceratosaurus or Stegosaurus, all of which have been found either in Spain, Portugal, or both.

OP
OP
TheGamingNewsGuy

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
It's not from the Iberian peninsula, but I recently learned of the rakali, which can be found from several places from Australia to Indonesia, and I want a Pokemon based on it, cuz it's adorable. Plus it eats the shitty ass cane toads.

5a3f9e90e95ed80d38200906b8a00bd4ab141bd1.jpg

As for animals from the region, I'd like to see fossil Pokemon based on Concavenator

Concavenator_corcovatus_by_Daniel_Vidal_2012.png

Alternatively, Baryonyx, Ceratosaurus or Stegosaurus, all of which have been found either in Spain, Portugal, or both.
I do wonder if we will get Fossils this time around

Watershed

Oct 26, 2017
I expect the Pokemon battling as a substitute sport for football to continue from SwSh, it wouldn't make sense any other way. So, we should see huge stadiums and lots of fans.

Kain

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
We also need a Kalimotxo pokemon. Ice/poison or something.

Diogo Arez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 20, 2020
Really hope Portugal isn't set to the side and only get a small town or something, hope we get a Galo de Barcelos Legendary haha.

Uncle at Nintendo

▲ Legend ▲
Jan 3, 2018
I don't get the Spain/Dragonite connections. Google just gives me a bunch of memes I also do not get. What am I missing here?

roguebubble

▲ Legend ▲
Aug 8, 2018
My only hope is that the majority of new regional forms are of pokemon from gen 3 onwards, give me a new ludicolo, Vanilluxe, Salazzle, etc.

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
Cities with Andalusian architecture, Alhambra/Alcazaba style dungeons.

Hannibal's elephant mythical pokémon.

Yata

Feb 1, 2019
Spain
I don't get the Spain/Dragonite connections. Google just gives me a bunch of memes I also do not get. What am I missing here?

Someone made the gif out of something a YouTuber said about patriotism (i have no idea if he is even related with Pokemon at all) and then the gif got spammed everywhere. I don't think it's anything deeper than that. Spain has probably some of the most unfunny internet culture ever.

Last edited:

Thorzilla

Oct 28, 2017
I'd love to see a Pokémon based on Ibiza and Formentera's sargantana (there are more than 30 variant species). I think it would be pretty fun to try to catch them all like that one moth Pokémon that changed depending on the country it came from.

Oct 25, 2017
Still trying to work out how I feel about the reveal, but didn't want to ask this in the overall thread but it's fair to say the football influence is going to be strong here right?

I didn't mind the sports-based mons of the past (in fact I quite like them) but I wonder if they will go all out and perhaps have a football (soccer, that is) based mon for every type. They've already done it with Scorbunny for instance.

I think a region's own real-life sporting influences could open up a whole range of creativity. A cricket-focused generation would be fantastic.

Bill Lawry and his pigeons could run a flying-type gym....who wants to make the thread?

Acu

Jan 2, 2018
I have seen variations of these memes before. What's the correlation with Dragonite and Spain?

Nothing. Just the position of Dragonite's hand, looks like he's making an oath, a sign of respect or reverence for a national anthem or the like. Someone decided to paste the spanish flag and Dragonite together and it just fits.

chaobreaker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Nothing. Just the position of Dragonite's hand, looks like he's making an oath, a sign of respect or reverence for a national anthem or the like. Someone decided to paste the spanish flag and Dragonite together and it just fits.

Dang. I guess we'll see how plugged in GF are to memea if they make a Dragonite region variant.

oreomunsta

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Time for this boy to get a regional variant or new evolution inspired by Spanish artists!

900px-235Smeargle.png

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
There's gotta be some weird psychic type that looks like they came out of a Picasso or Miro painting.

Cokomon

One Winged Slayer
Nov 11, 2017
Kinda shocking that there's never been a Flamingo pokemon.

A lot of Cantabrian folklore that can be done in this game, Anjanas inspired fairies for instance.
There's also never been a dolphin Pokemon. I figured there'd be on in Alola, but nope. Maybe now's the time.

Lowblood

Oct 30, 2017
I don't think we need another Dog Pokemon buttt i think a regional variant would be cool. Like a regional Lillipup turned into a Normal/Water Type

I definitely want (nay, expect) a new Poke-dog in every generation. In fact, they've not failed to introduce one each time (I had to check Gen 6 because I forgot Furfrou existed), and seeing as how Rockruff and Yamper got a decent amount of focus in their gens, I suspect it's very intentional on Game Freak's part.

I think there's also a new cat each time? Obviously we're already covered there. Though I do hope there's a regional Meowth just so that continues to be a thing each gen.

Tbm24

Oct 25, 2017
That's why I say, they can introduce countries with a lot of connection with Spain.
Probably not even remotely on the same level but I'd get a huge kick if there was some small town that was inexplicably Caribbean and the Spanish translation reflected that. Always one of my favorite things to do in Spain is find the Dominican run shops and little neighborhoods.