• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
He just can't stop making right turns all the way down the toilet

hydro94530

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Bay Area
I just don't understand why people are so fucking stupid. Like I've never seen this in my life until that fat orange sack of shit took office.

jml

Mar 9, 2018
Hang on, is Glenn saying it's possible that Anthony Fauci was funding the creation of covid-19 in a Wuhan Lab? That is one hell of a crazy take even by Greenwald's recent standards.

RiOrius

Oct 27, 2017
Hang on, is Glenn saying it's possible that Anthony Fauci was funding the creation of covid-19 in a Wuhan Lab? That is one hell of a crazy take even by Greenwald's recent standards.
My understanding is that the "smarter" conspiracy nuts are saying that covid-19 was a naturally occurring virus that was being studied in the lab that escaped due to poor safety standards (so they can blame China for being careless).

Of course, if the rank-and-file conspiracy nuts hear "it came from a lab" and conclude it was manmade, nobody's gonna try too hard to correct them (nor would they listen).

Oct 26, 2017
My understanding is that the "smarter" conspiracy nuts are saying that covid-19 was a naturally occurring virus that was being studied in the lab that escaped due to poor safety standards (so they can blame China for being careless).

Of course, if the rank-and-file conspiracy nuts hear "it came from a lab" and conclude it was manmade, nobody's gonna try too hard to correct them (nor would they listen).

Greenwald is pretending that this woman is merely

A): Pointing out that the NIH provided some funding to the Wuhan lab (factual)
B): Is pointing out that lab leak theory hasn't been disproven

In reality, this woman believes Fauci himself funded COVID which was intentionally released by China to force people to get vaccinated to change their DNA.

Greenwald is ignoring all of these parts to try to own the libs.

Ryan Grim is doing the same thing.

Both are desperately lacking in intelligence, but both are probably intelligent enough to actually know what's going on. They're just lying for money.

Browser

Apr 13, 2019
Greenwald is pretending that this woman is merely

A): Pointing out that the NIH provided some funding to the Wuhan lab (factual)
B): Is pointing out that lab leak theory hasn't been disproven

In reality, this woman believes Fauci himself funded COVID which was intentionally released by China to force people to get vaccinated to change their DNA.

Greenwald is ignoring all of these parts to try to own the libs.

Ryan Grim is doing the same thing.

Both are desperately lacking in intelligence, but both are probably intelligent enough to actually know what's going on. They're just lying for money.
Agree with this. He is an idiot, but he is intelligent enough that this is deliberate. The "just want people to be able to ask questions" point does not work here because if you take out key information from the questions, the point becomes moot.

BobLablow

Apr 18, 2018
Imagine not even knowing who Fauci was a year ago, but once he laughed at Trump and didn't bow down to all his crazy shit, suddenly you think Fauci is an evil mastermind who had all this planned out.

totally normal behavior and not signs of being in a cult...

Deleted member 24149

Oct 29, 2017
YeAh bUt his GrEat WoRk in bRaZil
His work wrt Brazil was great and its a fucking shame that he's gone absolutely fucking turbo psycho with this shit.

If you need a tl;dr on how bad Glenn Greenwald is he's Tim Pool w/ a pulitzer. He's lost about every left leaning ally that isn't part of the post left coalition. (Your Jimmy Dores/Gallifreyan Jedi/Ryan Knights)

Oct 25, 2017
Can someone give me a summary on Greenwald? Every time I see his name come up here it's for some kind of fuckery. But why the attention to a consistently terrible journalist?

SilentPanda

Nov 6, 2017
Earth
Can someone give me a summary on Greenwald? Every time I see his name come up here it's for some kind of fuckery. But why the attention to a consistently terrible journalist?

I think the wikipedia is a good information?

He did the report on the Snowden leak on how the US is spying on everyone, is very critical of the current Brazil leader, Bolsonaro , and has done multiple story on his corruption on something called operation car wash, and the mass fire set by their government in the amazon forest.
He is also critizal of Israel government and the US both party support of it.

krazen

Oct 27, 2017
Gentrified Brooklyn
What's fucking infuriating about his full heel turn is that in addition to turning into such a slimy fuck he always acts like he did absolutely nothing wrong when called out. He's the most throw stones/hide hands motherfucker in that corner of the internet.

Necromanti

Oct 25, 2017
I'm surprised that a (supposed) anti-Western imperialist would propagate the "it leaked from a lab in Wuhan" conspiracy theory, but I guess the angle here is that it was NIH-funded and ultimately on them/Fauci.

Oct 27, 2017
Greenwald is a hack. He wants to be this amazing investigative journalist, but all he can manage to do is spread the message of the side that would do harm to him and the rest of the world. A clueless hack. A sad, destructive megaphone for totalitarian dictators.

IggyChooChoo

Oct 25, 2017
What's fucking infuriating about his full heel turn is that in addition to turning into such a slimy fuck he always acts like he did absolutely nothing wrong when called out. He's the most throw stones/hide hands motherfucker in that corner of the internet.
I don't know that I'd call it a heel turn, exactly. Dude supported the Iraq War (like most people, TBF) but then tried his damndest to erase all evidence that he had done so. Not to mention his extreme right wing position on immigration during the Bush administration. He's always struck me as having a weird narcissistic personality disorder that gets off on being "the lone martyr of truth" rather than purely being a grifter. But the guy was being paid 2/3rds of a million dollars when he was at the Intercept, and is supposedly now making over a million with his subscription model, so you can't discount the massive financial incentives he has to keep playing this role, either. A million-solar salary goes really fucking far in Rio de Janeiro!

shoptroll

May 29, 2018
Stop paying attention to this clown.

He did the report on the Snowden leak on how the US is spying on everyone, is very critical of the current Brazil leader, Bolsonaro , and has done multiple story on his corruption on something called operation car wash, and the mass fire set by their government in the amazon forest.
He is also critizal of Israel government and the US both party support of it.

A stopped clock is still right twice a day.

Shake Appeal

Oct 27, 2017
Once you understand that Greenwald's reason to live is contrarianism, everything he does makes sense.

Special Puppy

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Dec 12, 2020
I love the carefully interwoven right-wing narrative where COVID is both a nothingburger and a Chinese biological weapon to destroy the Western world.