• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Huh, the most recent update is still in the 0.4x. Thought there would be more time in EA before final release. Haven't played it in a little while, but it still seemed rough around the edges, especially UI.

Last edited:

Finaika

Dec 11, 2017

Wehrwolf

Oct 28, 2017
Are there more changes expected between now and the full release for the Steam version?

Already bought it, just debating on starting it or another rpg first.

EntelechyFuff

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Nov 19, 2019

Zaro

Nov 13, 2017
This remake receive a lot of love from the Dev.
They have done more than i was expected when i buy the early access.

KyouG

Oct 26, 2017
As a relatively recent convert to being a Wizardry fan, this along with Five Ordeals have been an absolute blast to play through. Hope the wider releases will help them do well in sales.

Mejilan

Oct 27, 2017
There's been some buzz about console ports, but this is much sooner than I could have hoped for. Super-excited.

Juryvicious

Oct 28, 2017
I literally poured thousands of hours into the game on my NES back in the day. Looking forward to reliving the game again soon.

Chemo

Oct 28, 2017
God, I am so glad this is hitting console.

Please be a huge success and result in us getting remakes of all the original games. I'll do my part for sure.

(Also would double dip for a physical copy...)

Nolbertos

Dec 9, 2017
Wow, forgot about this and glad its coming to consoles. Hope LRG make a CE edition. Will double dip for Switch and PS5 versions. Been looking for a new "etrian odyssey" vibe and this fits the bill. Hopefully sales are good that we get Wizard 2 and 3 remakes down the road.

Scott Lufkin

Dec 7, 2017
Console version is great as it means it will probably run well with a controller and thus on Steam Deck. I almost bought this several times as it looks fun as hell, but held off for this very announcement! Should be just enough time to play Fallout 4 and Eiyuden Chronicles and then move into this one!

Oct 25, 2017
Every time I think about replaying Wizardry 1 I get caught during character creation because I just want to keep rerolling for 15+ bonus stats, which I'd do when I was a kid because I had all the time in the world, instead of the present time where I've got a job and chores and stuff.
I need a "smack me upside my head" feature if I'm to try this version.

Zaro

Nov 13, 2017
Every time I think about replaying Wizardry 1 I get caught during character creation because I just want to keep rerolling for 15+ bonus stats, which I'd do when I was a kid because I had all the time in the world, instead of the present time where I've got a job and chores and stuff.
I need a "smack me upside my head" feature if I'm to try this version.

In this version, there's an option to use random point or you can decide where to put points.
Same thing when you level up.

ultramooz

Oct 27, 2017
Paris, France
Mhhh tempted to buy this on switch - this was the first game I bought to play on my fathers Apple IIe.

So expensive, but I still remember opening the box and booting up the game. The game was so hard thoughā€¦ I think I spent more time in the character creation than in the dungeon. I kept dying and creating another party over and over.

ramenline

Jan 9, 2019
copped this earlier! never played Wizardry before but i like dungeon crawlers like SMT 1 and Strange Journey so this looks like an awesome way to play the OG dungeon crawler. Love that you even get the OG game in the corner

will properly dive in when the launch patch drops next month. man, i'd love a SMT 1/2 remake like this!

Oct 25, 2017
I got this on PC and the recent update really made it fantastic, I'll wait for the 1.0 release to actually play it seriously.

I REALLY hope we get Wizardry 2-5 as well, it would be incredible.

Black Soma

Oct 27, 2017
I wonder if they'll have another sale before it's out of EA. I regret not buying it before when it was.