• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Mister Ursine

Sep 10, 2023
Yeah, I don't see the benefit of taking another swing at Ghostbusters anytime soon. 2016, Afterlife, and Frozen Empire have almost exactly the same opening weekend; pre, during, and "post" pandemic. No reason to expect a different result with an immediate followup. Should've pulled a Scream 6 and let the new cast carry their weight on this new one.

Sony needs to get Will Smith and Adil & Bilall to crack a new Men in Black movie. That's something that might actually make $500M+

VinylCassette64

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Sony needs to get Will Smith and Adil & Bilall to crack a new Men in Black movie. That's something that might actually make $500M+

Not if Walter F. Parkes (and his wife Laurie MacDonald) remain as the series producers for the MIB property. Thanks to his constant interference (and Sony refusing to reign him in), the former's reportedly the main reason why the last MIB film (International) sucked so much.

Unless things change, the only director I can see willing to helm a new MIB are the studio hires who are strictly there to collect a check and nothing more.

Last edited:

SilverX

Jan 21, 2018
Yeah, I don't see the benefit of taking another swing at Ghostbusters anytime soon. 2016, Afterlife, and Frozen Empire have almost exactly the same opening weekend; pre, during, and "post" pandemic. No reason to expect a different result with an immediate followup. Should've pulled a Scream 6 and let the new cast carry their weight on this new one.

Neve Campbell flat out rejecting their offer to be in Scream 6 certainly helped with transitioning to a bigger focus on the new cast lol

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
Well, this is going to be interesting to pay attention to over the weekend

kkky9hqtzwuc1.jpg

The ultra rare "preview audience" Cinemascore.

maigret

Jun 28, 2018
If Abigail opens big after all the Spyglass bullshit with Scream I will have a good laugh.