Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
Just finished rewatching Silence of the Lambs, what a picture. Its crazy looking back at it and remembering it won 5 Oscars.

Wish this kind of movie would get made today. I miss dark procedural thrillers.

DecoReturns

Oct 27, 2017
It's been so amusing seeing some people turning on the film Joker. Not because of the quality of the film.

But because some are starting to realize who Joaquin Phoenix is lol. Being Vegan and talking about Cilmate change apparently is the worst thing a person can do lol. It never ceases to amaze me, Vocal minority but so funny to read.

Oct 25, 2017
It's been so amusing seeing some people turning on the film Joker. Not because of the quality of the film.

But because some are starting to realize who Joaquin Phoenix is lol. Being Vegan and talking about Cilmate change apparently is the worst thing a person can do lol. It never ceases to amaze me, Vocal minority but so funny to read.
I do kinda want to give Joker a second watch.

Maybe I was in the wrong headspace when I saw it.

That's insane that THATS the reason people are turning on the movie and Joaquin. Fucking hell.

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017

giphy.gif

RyougaSaotome

Oct 25, 2017
Underwater was a really pleasant surprise and it bums me out that it's gonna do poorly, but at least it wraps itself up quite nicely.

Cass_Se

Oct 25, 2017
For a long time I always thought Scarlett was a charisma vacuum in the role and one of the few MCU miscasts.

But.... she really impressed me in Endgame. I don't know what it was, but she really stepped her game up.

Has to be a combination of writing and caring about the role. Scarlett had always been an amazing actress but most of the time she stars in subpar films (eg Lucy, GitS). Honestly, doesn't help that MCU wasted dozens of amazing actors on shitty roles (Mads being probably most egregious since between MCU and SW Disney wasted him twice within one quarter)

Gentlemen

Oct 25, 2017
I want to see Kristen Stewart take risks her entire career, she's talented and can very easily work with someone like margot robbie or olivia wilde to make something fresh and weird.

Plasticine

Oct 25, 2017
Wasn't Underwater sitting on the shelf for like 3 years?

It started production before Alien: Covenant came out. Apparently that movie's performance made Fox gun shy about releasing another science fiction / horror film. Then the Disney purchase happened, which resulted in further delay. Like New Mutants, it's being released just to clear out the Fox vaults of completed films.

plagiarize

It's not a loop. It's a spiral.
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA

The crowd who thought it was making Arthur a hero or role model or whatever never understood it.

Deleted member 16452

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I didn't like Covenant as much as Prometheus, but I can still leave the channel on if its playing on cable and I have nothing else to do.

They are both bad movies, but I can enjoy them for what they are.

But just like Terminator, they should really stop doing more Alien movies tho.

hodayathink

Oct 25, 2017

Bumrush

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't like Covenant as much as Prometheus, but I can still leave the channel on if its playing on cable and I have nothing else to do.

They are both bad movies, but I can enjoy them for what they are.

But just like Terminator, they should really stop doing more Alien movies tho.

Prometheus is A LOT better if you just pretend it's not a movie in the Alien universe

hodayathink

Oct 25, 2017
Status
Not open for further replies.