• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017
Crowe was mediocre yet serviceable in Les Mis, but Brosnan was distractingly bad in Mamma Mia. Brosnan for sure.

Honestly the highest praise I've ever read of Crowe's otherworldly performance in that film.

Edit: Doctor Sleep should've thrown a couple of jump scares in the trailer. We have too many examples that show that people aren't going to turn up for sequels to niche 70s/80s films just on pure reverence. Coming 2 America will actually need jokes in its trailer to not bomb as well.

shintoki

Oct 25, 2017
Dr. Sleep is easily going to hit my top 10 of the year. It is Aliens to Alien where the director understood you can't top the original, so lets take it in a different direction.

Laserdisk

Banned
May 11, 2018
UK
The director of Body Heat, Silverado, and Accidental Tourist.
Written by the man who wrote Empire Strikes Back, Raiders of the Lost Ark, and Return of the Jedi. Co written by the writer of Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid and Princess Bride.

Nope. Zero talent involved there.
I read what you said as it was his fault as he was a bad writer.
My bad

THEVOID

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Sleep did 14M? Weird? I guess nobody cares about Kings lesser known IPs.

Pein

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Audiences probably don't care about anything other than IT

I think length had a lot to do with it too. The showings were pretty sporadic at all my theaters.
Ads were all over the place too, more than a month ago I've heard ads about Dr sleep on the radio, how is it coming out now? Seems foolish to not had this movie out in October.

iareharSon

Oct 30, 2017
Ads were all over the place too, more than a month ago I've heard ads about Dr sleep on the radio, how is it coming out now? Seems foolish to not had this movie out in October.

It was just mismanaged in general. They should have scaled back on The Shining tie in, because I'm not convinced the last few generations truly care about it. And honestly, my favorite parts of the movie were the supernatural mind bending bits - which were absent in the advertising - and my least favorite parts were The Shining references and flashbacks.

They should have just advertised this shit like it was Inception-sequence.

Hero_of_the_Day

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Rebecca's character name is Rose the Hat

I wonder why it bombed

Seriously, the main reason I said the trailers looked bad earlier is because I think her and the other villains (I assume) look fucking stupid. I haven't read the book, despite recently reading The Shining and digging it. But, whatever those Anne Rice vampire looking mother fuckers are, they look lame as shit. I'll check out the bluray since people seem to be liking it, but like It Chapter 2, it is easy to wait for the home release.

Status
Not open for further replies.