Status
Not open for further replies.

Arc

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
LF tried to please the fans that were going to shit on the movie anyways. They ended up pleasing nobody.

🤷‍♂️

Yup. I hate to say it, but it's probably time for big changes at Lucasfilm. You can't make films this way. It's like they thought they were held hostage by the Tier 3s.

Deleted member 16452

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Reading this thread and then the OT with so many people claiming " everyone I know irl likes it, we've already seen/ be seeing it again" gives me quite the sensible chuckle

I've had the opposite experience. Even have friends that were as hardcore fans of TFA and TLJ as me that still haven't felt motivated enough to make time to go see it. Most people I know that did see it are like me, didn't hate it, but didn't love it either.

I also doubt its the type of movie that will get a lot of repeat business imo.

Odeko

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Mar 22, 2018
West Blue
Trevorrow's version would have assuredly been worse, so him being fired was an overall good thing I think.
I don't know. On one hand Jurassic World is unwatchable but on the other would he have gotten the writer of Batman v Superman to do the script? Because if he had basically anyone else other than JJ and Terrio I can't imagine it wouldn't at least be written and paced.

Kyoufu

Oct 26, 2017
JJ and Terrio spent most of their time trying to please vocal fans and threw everything against wall at a break neck pace and hoped it worked.

I honestly think Palp never sees the light of day in this trilogy if JJ handled the entire thing.

That's really obvious. Snoke wasn't supposed to die in TLJ. Luke wasn't supposed to die in TLJ either. lol

TheHunter

Bold Bur3n Wrangler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know. On one hand Jurassic World is unwatchable but on the other would he have gotten the writer of Batman v Superman to do the script? Because if he had basically anyone else other than JJ and Terrio I can't imagine it wouldn't at least be written and paced.
Terrio + Trevarrow.

OP
OP
Schlorgan

Schlorgan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Salt Lake City, Utah
tenor.gif

OP
OP
Schlorgan

Schlorgan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Salt Lake City, Utah
If anyone's curious about Trevorrow's version, here's what MSW leaked on it before he got booted (spoilers for TROS)

The Emperor wasn't coming back, Rey Nobody doesn't get retconned, and Kylo is the main villain of the story. He still gets redeemed but no Reylo.

There was also some weird twist about how Kylo and Rey grew up together but Rey completely forgot about it for some reason.
That was debunked by Trevorrow

Lifejumper

Oct 25, 2017
If anyone's curious about Trevorrow's version, here's what MSW leaked on it before he got booted (spoilers for TROS)

The Emperor wasn't coming back, Rey Nobody doesn't get retconned, and Kylo is the main villain of the story. He still gets redeemed but no Reylo.

There was also some weird twist about how Kylo and Rey grew up together but Rey completely forgot about it for some reason.
Thought this was confirmed to be fake?

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Apparently Ward misunderstood and this was from Jack Thorne's script that was written right before Abrams and Terrio came back.

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
JJ and Terrio spent most of their time trying to please vocal fans and threw everything against wall at a break neck pace and hoped it worked.

I honestly think Palp never sees the light of day in this trilogy if JJ handled the entire thing.
It's funny cause I remember many fans, including some here on era, being excited of palps return and saying "finally we get a good villain after that hack Rian johnson killed off snoke"

Now fans are saying they didn't like him in the film. Like what did you expect?

hendersonhank

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The Mary Sue nerds are a big reason why TRoS ended up being crap. JJ caved.

He caved to complaints about her being a Mary Sue by having her be the most powerful Force user ever, busting out all kinds of force powers previously undreamed of that she obviously cannot ever have been taught, and for good measure having her -- a girl who spent her whole life on a desert planet -- be a better sailor on her first try than a woman on a water world whose boat she borrowed?

Deleted member 16452

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I can't decide which movie I hated more this year between IT 2 and Dark Phoenix.

I confidently put them at the bottom of my list of 2019 movies I saw this year tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.