What stage of grief are you in about Endgame not beating Avatar for #1 worldwide?

• Denial

Votes: 32 19.5%
  • Anger

Votes: 3 1.8%
  • Bargaining

Votes: 13 7.9%
  • Depression

Votes: 7 4.3%
  • Acceptance

Votes: 109 66.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Jonah Hill's sister stars in it so the connection isn't totally unnoticed.

d9db138b-de79-4df4-b6e3-d4fb755b1fa8-getty-1148965686.jpg
I don't remember Jonah Hill being that handsome whoa

Deleted member 5666

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Zatt is the best contributor to these threads and if he started doing OPs as a part of rotation everyone would benefit.
Once you make a thread about how Chris Evans is the best chance at beating Trump in 2020 you know you are never going to be allowed to make a thread again. Once he hit send I am pretty certain Zatt knew it was junior account time.

ZattMurdock

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Earth 616
Once you make a thread about how Chris Evans is the best chance at beating Trump in 2020 you know you are never going to be allowed to make a thread again. Once he hit send I am pretty certain Zatt knew it was junior account time.
That hasn't nothing to do with that, I believe. And neither was the point of that thread, I was just commenting on an idea that Michael Moore had. Regardless, I'd appreciate if we stop going about this conversation since it's not up to me neither you have a full grasp of what happened.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
I'm good contributing to the threads with just posts for now, I'm happy to contribute to the box office threads the best way I can. This doesn't have nothing to do with Endgame, it's very much me trying to cover for kswiston since he isn't here as much anymore. I fully intend to keep doing it once Endgame theatrical run ends, at least until kswis can be around more.
giphy.gif

MMarston

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I have been in countless BO threads here and in the previous site, but these last few weeks have made me realize how much drama handling a bunch numbers creates.

ZattMurdock

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Earth 616
There are people who have helped out with doing OPs, it's weird to suggest you need to "cover" for kswis.. in what way?
Me being more present on the box office threads has nothing to do with me implying that you, PhoncipleBone, hodayathink, OrangeAtlas and several other contributors aren't doing all the best they can to cover to fill the void that kswis left. The one that saw malice on what I said was you, and even if I personally think you tried to bait me and think the worst of my intentions without me even thinking about what you meant, what I tried to say is that he lefts a big hole on these threads and that I'm happy to help with the threads with my posts. I'm sorry I wasn't even more clear at first for you to imply that I was trying to compete with anyone. I'm grateful to you and everyone I've mentioned and others I'm forgetting for keeping the quality of this thread going, I'm fully aware that I'm just adding my 2 cents to it.

Can't wait to follow the box office of the BoxOfficeERA film adaptation in a few years time.
I call dibs on Sebastian Stan playing me.

Y'all are every day with this. Can't we all just get along?

Oh wait, it's the internet.
This. Thank you.

Rvaan

Oct 25, 2017
Based on the crowd reaction to Yesterday at the screening I just left that movie has some serious potential.

HeySeuss

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Can we go a day without someone picking a fight with Zatt? Fuck sake some of you act like he stole your last pop tart.

Simba

Nov 25, 2017
i think zatt is doing a fine job

these are supposed to be fun threads, a distraction from the usual gloomy depressing resetera thread.

OrangeAtlas

Oct 25, 2017
Based on the crowd reaction to Yesterday at the screening I just left that movie has some serious potential.

A mediocre movie just made almost a billion dollars on the power of people's love for Queen alone. Despite my personal preferences, I've been assuming The Beatles would have a leg up on Elton John, even if they're not the same style of movie. Yesterday's got a fun poppy trailer and if your anecdotal evidence is even half the case then I can see it blowing up.

It's also the only wide release on its weekend which might help.

Nowhere Boy and Across the Universe didn't exactly light the world on fire but they also were weird movies that barely opened.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Don't be mad but I might see Aladdin tomorrow
Me being more present on the box office threads has nothing to do with me implying that you, PhoncipleBone, hodayathink, OrangeAtlas and several other contributors aren't doing all the best they can to cover to fill the void that kswis left. The one that saw malice on what I said was you, and even if I personally think you tried to bait me and think the worst of my intentions without me even thinking about what you meant, what I tried to say is that he lefts a big hole on these threads and that I'm happy to help with the threads with my posts. I'm sorry I wasn't even more clear at first for you to imply that I was trying to compete with anyone. I'm grateful to you and everyone I've mentioned and others I'm forgetting for keeping the quality of this thread going, I'm fully aware that I'm just adding my 2 cents to it.
Me laughing at your original post was not bait, it was reacting to the absurdity of anyone "covering" kswis. This is a box office discussion thread, for fun, not a job where people have to be covered during an absence. Kswis obviously brings a long to the discussion but there is no necessity or requirement that anyone fill in for him, beyond someone literally creating the thread.

ZattMurdock

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Earth 616
Don't try to be the next Kswis, just be the first you.
I feel like Brie is telling me this and know that I take this to the heart. I am the first me, and that's what I've been doing my whole life. But I just meant that if kswis was around, you all would be seeing a lot of less posts of me around the box office threads.

i think zatt is doing a fine job

these are supposed to be fun threads, a distraction from the usual gloomy depressing resetera thread.
All I wanna say is that I'm very excited for your fucking movie and thank you for the compliment.

Last edited:

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
I feel like Brie is telling me this and know that I take this to the heart. I am the first me, and that's what I've been doing my whole life. But I just meant that if kswis was around, you all would be seeing a lot of less posts of me around the box office threads.
Whether or not kswis is here shouldn't matter in regard to when or how often you post..

Simba

Nov 25, 2017
Bruh I've been watching Detective Pikachu sputtering and failing for weeks now, don't try and tell me about this being an escape from the "depressing" threads.

f94.gif

:(

I helped those numbers, saw the movie with my nephew a few weeks back.

I'm hoping Disney releases a new trailer for the lion king soon. Next month is the 25th anniversary for the original, if someone doesnt beat me to it i'll likely create a thread for it.

Simba

Nov 25, 2017
i'm probably going to see toy story 4 with my nephews but I have little hope in the movie itself. but i'd love to be proven wrong and that its a worthy successor to ts3.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
I hope TS4 is good but it's hard for me to imagine anything ever topping the emotional resonance of TS3. Just a fantastic movie from start to finish
TS1 is still the best though

Status
Not open for further replies.