Status
Not open for further replies.

Bumrush

Oct 25, 2017
So we can expect something around $15-20M weekdays this week for Endgame, right? Should be close to $2.6B entering next weekend?

OP
OP
PhoncipleBone

PhoncipleBone

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Kentucky, USA

Lelouch0612

Oct 25, 2017
So Detective Pikachu opened higher than The Great Gatsby (50M$) and Troy (48M$) that released during the same week.

Still below Star Trek (78M$).

feyder

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So Detective Pikachu had biggest opening for videogame movie, without adjusting for inflation (in which case, Tomb Raider is still first).

Cpt-GargameL

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So we can expect something around $15-20M weekdays this week for Endgame, right? Should be close to $2.6B entering next weekend?
Nope. Look at these weekdays numbers for reference. Especially with everything that's out/coming out in the coming weeks, those weekdays numbers will continue to he under $10m imo.

Bumrush

Oct 25, 2017
$300m to go.

It didnt even hit weekdays like that last week. It is going to keep around Infinity War weekdays. $5-6m a day.
https://www.boxofficemojo.com/showdowns/chart/?view=daily&id=avengersvstarwars.htm
Nope. Look at these weekdays numbers for reference. Especially with everything that's out/coming out in the coming weeks, those weekdays numbers will continue to he under $10m imo.

Talking global now boys!

Rvaan

Oct 25, 2017
That's not a king of thunder.
3523259-screenshot2019-04-16at1.34.36pm-a65cb81.png

This, now this is a king of thunder.

Son Goku

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Honestly I rather enjoy force awakens and care less about the domestic record anyway

So avatar is the main one I want endgame to beat

Son Goku

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
US has at least 100MM left in the tank. I'm not sure EG will get extended in China like IW did, but even without it I think there's at least 200MM left in the tank OS - China.
*crosses fingers*

We can only hope. I guess it helps that Aladdin looks awful though John wick 3 should be awesome but that's never been a huge box office winner

Hopefully Memorial Day gets a lot of people out there to give it the final push. It will be the first day off kinda holiday It will have had post release right?

Oct 31, 2017
*crosses fingers*

We can only hope. I guess it helps that Aladdin looks awful though John wick 3 should be awesome but that's never been a huge box office winner

Hopefully Memorial Day gets a lot of people out there to give it the final push. It will be the first day off kinda holiday It will have had post release right?

100MM left for its US BO run is very safe.

ArmGunar

PlayStatistician
Oct 30, 2017
With that $63m US weekend, MCU reached $8 billion mark grossed domestically (and more $21.1B worldwide)

Busaiku

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Detective Pikachu will surely have amazing legs and hit that Avatar multiplier soon enough.

shintoki

Oct 25, 2017
So EG is following IW to the T. Its got 130mil to 150mil in the tank left for DOM and its got 300mil to go. Its not going to blow past Avatar if it beats it.

Concern would be, while IW had an exceptionally weak May/Early June. Outside of Deadpool and Solo, it was Book Club, Show Dogs, Life of the Party, Adrift. Shit that didn't open past 20mil. EG is going through Pikachu right now, with John Wick next week, Aladdin the next, Godzilla, SLOP2/Dark Pheonix, etc. And that doesn't include Rocketman and Ma which tracking has both pegged for 20mil+ openings already

Last edited:

Deleted member 8674

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
So EG is following IW to the T. Its got 130mil to 150mil in the tank left for DOM and its got 300mil to go. Its not going to blow past Avatar if it beats it.

Concern would be, while IW had an exceptionally weak May/Early June. Outside of Deadpool and Solo, it was Book Club, Show Dogs, Life of the Party, Adrift. Shit that didn't open past 20mil. EG is going through Pikachu right now, with John Wick next week, Aladdin the next, Godzilla, SLOP2/Dark Pheonix, etc. And that doesn't include Rocketman and Ma which tracking has both pegged for 20mil+ openings already

So basically biggest Disney competitor is Disney.

Status
Not open for further replies.