Status
Not open for further replies.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
I suspect we'll hear something soon, hopefully Comic-Con.

I wouldn't be surprised if he popped up in other movies, just depends what those movies are
Sony aren't at Comic Con next month, so there won't be a Spider-Man solo announcement at least, since Sony will likely be the ones to announce it.

Cuburger

Oct 28, 2017
Let's be honest, Endgame could have made double what it made this weekend, which would have been a significant amount more than some expected a re-release to make, and people still would be waiting to post their gifs when this thread went up because it didn't make up the ~$37M difference needed to get the record in 3 days.

Skel1ingt0n

Oct 28, 2017
You mean all those hours spent pasting two clips together.

p.s

09Gb4k5.gif

Gosh dang is this the perfect example of MCU movies looking "cheap." I don't even have a dog in this fight but that clip looks awful.

Cuburger

Oct 28, 2017
You mean all those hours spent pasting two clips together.

p.s

09Gb4k5.gif
So you made multiple edits? lmao

Yes, the hours you've likely spent trying to find clips that work together making multiple gifs that you are now trying to downplay.

It's okay, I know you've really wanted this.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Let's be honest, Endgame could have made double what it made this weekend, which would have been a significant amount more than some expected a re-release to make, and people still would be waiting to post their gifs when this thread went up because it didn't make up the ~$37M difference needed to get the record in 3 days.
Don't worry, Señor Feige will get there one day.

oh1KM1J.gif

Yes, the hours you've likely spent trying to find clips that work together making multiple gifs that you are now trying to downplay.

Actually, probably not.

B8Nk4HH.gif

overcast

Oct 25, 2017
How is Toy Story 4 ahead of Toy Story 3 despite a lower first and second weekend? Improved foreign gross or great weekdays?

Deleted member 5666

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If it did double it would probably beat Avatar so anyone who posted gifs would be dumb. However now it is a near 100% certainly that Avatar won so that's different.

Cuburger

Oct 28, 2017
Don't worry, Señor Feige will get there one day.

oh1KM1J.gif

Actually, probably not.

B8Nk4HH.gif
Damn how many of these did you make?

Must have taken you like 5 minutes total.

Especially that last one which I doubt anyone would bother making a gif or video clip out of that you could just borrow.

OP
OP
PhoncipleBone

PhoncipleBone

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Kentucky, USA
But you know what it didn't do the weekend? Enough.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Damn how many of these did you make?

Must have taken you like 5 minutes total.

Especially that last one which I doubt anyone would bother making a gif or video clip out of that you could just borrow.
One a scale from salt shaker to salt mines, how salty are you?

Cpt-GargameL

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I saw AVATAR once in theaters.

I day one every MCU movie and saw Endgame 3 times in Dolby along with Captain Marvel but apparently pointing out (tracking) that Endgame won't pass AVATAR over the course of release and with this re-release triggers MCU centric individuals here. If you're not hyping Endgame or shitting on AVATAR then you're the enemy of people who would have preferred Endgame to top AVATAR.

It's amazing that just because a lot of us here have used numbers with data to suggest what we've been suggesting for a while now people are up in arms and it shows in their replies to people speaking a logical naretive. You know who you are.

To those who are still wishing for Endgame to pass AVATAR in good faith, you're good in my books.

Cuburger

Oct 28, 2017
But you know what it didn't do the weekend? Enough.
And international releases appear to be staggered, and that is what I assume people were waiting on that would paint this in a bad light? This ain't it chief. The ride isn't over.

These domestic numbers are in line with what Deadline posted before the weekend.

Elandyll

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

Spider-Man on its way for $1B+
Sony must be happy after MIB which probably won't break even

I didn't think so either originally, but it "only" cost $110m in budget. Being already at $220m (not counting co marketing of which I've seen quite a bit) after just a tad more than 2 weeks, It'll eek out a profit.

Icemonk191

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Not as salty as you wish I was, I can tell you that much.

How many more cute gifs are you saving that you made? I think they were pretty good.

D0xku2d.jpg

Cuburger

Oct 28, 2017
How much more are the other territories going to bring in?

Not $20m+
Not by themselves.

It of course also depends on how many theaters it keeps next week and if it's legs don't drop back to pre-re-release levels.

Honestly, I don't even know how many countries it has been released in or will be released in. I'd assume this would have been the place where people talk about that but not today.

Frostinferno

Oct 25, 2017
Considering everyone in China sees their respective US centric movies within a month (because they're usually leave China in a month), looking at these numbers I don't think it would have done it with a China re-released. Would I have moved the needle? Yeah definitely but if the US didn't did $15m this weekend, China wouldn't have done $15m-$20m either.

ePFbPEN.png

I meant keeping it in theaters there for more than just three weeks from release.

Cpt-GargameL

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I meant keeping it in theaters there for more than just three weeks from release.
Ah I see. Yeah I remember seeing $628m somewhere for China vs the $614m we have now, don't remember where. But if that was the case then yeah, it would be EXTREMELY close, like $5m close and the legs would determine if it could do an additional $5m with this re-release. It would have made things interesting that's for sure.

Deception

Nov 15, 2017

ArmGunar

PlayStatistician
Oct 30, 2017
I didn't think so either originally, but it "only" cost $110m in budget. Being already at $220m (not counting co marketing of which I've seen quite a bit) after just a tad more than 2 weeks, It'll eek out a profit.
I read that they have to gross $310m to break even, I think it's dead now

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017
I wonder how much of Yesterday's budget was just getting the rights to use Beatles song.

Cuburger

Oct 28, 2017
This definitely isn't a 1:1 comparison, but for reference:

Endgame re-release first weekend:
Domestic: $5.54M
International: $2.3M

Avatar: Special Edition opening weekend:
Domestic: $4M
International: $1.4M

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
Marvel to Sony this week: "You could not live with your own failure. And where did that bring you? Back to me. "

Deleted member 5666

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I saw Manabyte post about a staggered rerelease as well, with some countries getting it next week instead as well.

It would seem to explain the low overseas number, but wouldn't explain all the gloating/shitposting and lack of discussion about it here in the box office thread, of all places.

The domestic numbers were way too low. The countries it opened in were low. There is little to no interest in this re-release in the countries it came out on. Let us just move on in peace

Son Goku

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
After viewing a third time there's definitely some stuff they could have cut like the whole "Ronan" story and Scott wandering around before going to the avengers. Also probably the Star lord and gamora scene during the battle. Even the conference call with nat

Then they could do a TRUE rerelease with that stuff and it would have been shorter and done more business in its initial release.

Then again if they really had wanted to they could have just pushed skywalker back to May, released in December and legged it out to over 3 billion since that's a much better slot for legs

Status
Not open for further replies.