crimilde

"This guy are sick" and Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 26, 2017
System requirements for PC and game modes on consoles

Screenshot-2023-02-10-at-11-01-56.png

Screenshot-2023-02-10-at-11-02-17.png

Screenshot-2023-02-10-at-11-02-31.png

Product information

Q. If I purchase the PlayStation®4 version, can it be upgraded to PlayStation®5? Does the same apply for the Xbox One version?

A. If you purchase a physical copy of the PlayStation®4 version, you can upgrade it at no additional cost to the PlayStation®5 digital version.
The Xbox One physical version is Smart Delivery supported. Depending on your system, you can get the Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S version at no additional cost. The digital version is Xbox Play Anywhere compatible, so purchasing one version allows access to the Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S and Microsoft Store versions.

Q. Can save data from the PlayStation®5 version be carried over to the PlayStation®4 version? (via cloud servers)
A. Yes, it is possible. For the PlayStation®5 or PlayStation®4 version, the data can be carried over by selecting Title Menu > SYSTEM > Manage Cross Save. For the Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, and Microsoft Store versions, it is automatically synced to the cloud. Cross save between different hardware makers is not supported.

Q. Will the PC version offer DLSS support?
A. DLSS and XeSS is planned to be supported with a post-launch update.

Q. Will the framerate be uncapped for the PC version?
A. It will run at a maximum of 120 fps.

Q. Will Steam Deck be supported?
A. It is Steam Deck unsupported.

Q. Does the game support 120hz VRR?
A. 120hz is only supported by the Steam® and Microsoft Store version. VRR is not supported.

Q. Will the in-game items Crown of Zhurong and Crown of Gonggong be available at a later date for the PC, Xbox, PlayStation versions?
A. They are only available as bonus DLC with purchase. There are currently no plans to offer it in-game.

Online Multiplayer

Q. What types of online multiplayer are available?

A. There are three types, including the co-operative mode "Recruitment"
  • 1. Recruitment: Cooperative play with up to 3 players (including yourself)
  • 2. Co-op: Up to 3 players (including yourself) can play together through a friend or set password.
  • 3. Invade: Invade another player's mission as an enemy or be invaded by an enemy
  • In the Options menu, allowing online players to Invade can be enabled or disabled.
Q. Is crossplay in online multiplayer possible?
A. Online play is possible between the following versions. Crossplay between different hardware is not supported.
  • 1. PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4
  • 2. Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, Microsoft Store
  • 3. Steam®
Q. Is it possible to indicate the purpose of a room when recruiting for multiplayer?
A. It is not supported.

Game Details

Q. How often can you interact with generals (Cao Cao, Liu Bei, Sun Jian, etc.)?

A. For each mission, there are generals that can be selected to accompany you.

Q. Is the story until the Yellow Turban Rebellion? Does it continue beyond that?
A. The story continues past the Yellow Turban Rebellion. To see how far the story goes, please play the game to find out.

Q. Can weapon skills be transferred from one weapon to another of the same type?
A. Martial arts cannot be transferred. Special effects of the weapon can be changed.

Q. Can the character creation be changed later? Can it be shared by character code as in Nioh?
A. As the game progresses, the appearance of the character can be changed as often as you like. Also, characters can be shared by using a code. However, code sharing is limited within the following categories.
  • 1. PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4
  • 2. Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, Microsoft Store
  • 3. Steam®
Q. Can some voice effects be turned off?
A. Individual voices cannot be turned off, but it is possible to control the volume of BGM, sound effects and voices.

Q. Is there an item that can be used or a way to play the game always at low or zero Morale?
A. This is not supported. It maybe be considered for an update.

Q. Is there any way to avoid having to unlock Wizardry again with the Morale Rank resetting in every mission?
A. There is no way to unconditionally unlock Morale Rank, and it must be increased on its own. Depending on the number of Battle Flags raised in each chapter, it can supplement in increasing the Morale Rank points earned after defeating enemies.

Q. Is there a screen or timer check how fast you are finishing a stage?
A. You can check the shortest clear time for each mission from the Record menu. There is no timer available to show during the entire game and loading times.

Q. Can the HUD be adjusted?
A. No, this is not supported.

Q. Will the same content be offered for the Steam and PC versions as for the console versions?
A. Essentially the same content can be played. The asynchronous online Vengeance system's notification of when it is cleared is not supported for Steam®, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One and Microsoft Store due to server specifications.

More at the link:

teamninja-studio.com

FAQ | Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty

From the depths of darkness, a dragon soars. The story of a militia soldier fighting for survival in the chaotic Three Kingdoms

Last edited:

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Would have been cool to keep the trend of Nioh 1/2 on Current-Gen with a 120 FPS mode on console. Don't get me wrong, Dynamic 4K @ 60 FPS isn't bad either, but at that point why not offer the option to uncap it and use VRR?

Theswweet

RPG Site
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
California
PC preview build runs/ran at 4K/100~ FPS max settings with my 7900XTX/7700X rig, FWIW

Preview embargo from last month didn't say anything about me withholding performance info!

Hyun Sai

Oct 27, 2017
"Recruitement" mode is very vague. Is that a matchmaking mode ? Can people join anytime during a mission?

OP
OP
crimilde

crimilde

Oct 26, 2017
"Recruitement" mode is very vague. Is that a matchmaking mode ? Can people join anytime during a mission?

I think the matchmaking is always done at the start of a stage, but from what I understand the distinction is that recruitment means you play with random people and co-op is specifically with friends / using a password.

Edit: Could be wrong though, that's just my read on it right now.

Vico

Jan 3, 2018
I think the matchmaking is always done at the start of a stage, but from what I understand the distinction is that recruitment means you play with random people and co-op is specifically with friends / using a password.

Alright thanks, that clarifies it.
Can we play the entire game in coop or are we just summoned to help, meaning we don't progress in our own world ?

OP
OP
crimilde

crimilde

Oct 26, 2017
Alright thanks, that clarifies it.
Can we play the entire game in coop or are we just summoned to help, meaning we don't progress in our own world ?

If it's like Nioh / Nioh 2, you should be able to do the full game in co-op, and everyone progresses. I don't think they'd change that for this game.

OP
OP
crimilde

crimilde

Oct 26, 2017
What's the significance of zero/low morale?

You become stronger by raising your Morale Rank, which you do by defeating enemies. The base Morale, called Fortitude, can be increased if you raise battle flags (which function like shrines/bonfires). If you keep dying to enemies, you'll be reset to this base Morale.

Enemies also have a Morale Rank, and by defeating enemies with a higher rank than you, your rank increases faster, and more valuable items can be obtained. At higher Morale Ranks, you can also use more Wizardry spells. And of course, the higher the enemy's Morale Rank is over yours, the more difficult they become.

So a low Morale run would be like extra-hard difficulty.

Rakuyo

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
Hamburg, Germany
I'm confused. Didn't they say it works great on steam deck a few weeks ago?
Edit: nevermind, one preview said they played it a bit on the deck.

Vex

Oct 25, 2017

Gonzito

Banned
Apr 5, 2022
Spain
No DLSS at launch it means I am noy playing the game until it comes. Their engines anti aliaisng sucks without DLSS. I am not playing a shimmering mess in 2023

OP
OP
crimilde

crimilde

Oct 26, 2017
I doubt it will happen, usually Chinese and Korean games are fine since PC is the focus platform. It's Western/Japanese AAA multiplats were devs just drop the ball, then kick it out of the room.

Team Ninja are Japanese devs under Koei Tecmo.

NoctisLC

Jun 5, 2018
I assume it'll be like Nioh 2 and run like butter on PC. No DLSS sucks but eh what can you do.

Keziaka6591

Jan 31, 2023
I am pumped! Took a day off work for the release :D

Have to say no DLSS at launch makes me nervous. Both the SoP port and Nioh 2 port were pretty rough at launch. Hoping this doesn't follow....pretty sure my rig will be fine doing 1440p/120.

I have a 3070 and i7-11700k.....I'm juuuust short of being able to smoothly do 4k 60 for most games w out DLSS.

Gavalanche

Prophet of Regret
Oct 21, 2021
I don't care if when I boot this game up on PC Lu Bu pops out and punches me in the face, I am for sure getting this day one regardless of any issues. Bring it! Nioh 1 and 2 are legit in my top 100 games of all time.

NediarPT88

Oct 29, 2017
No 60fps mode for PS4 is disappointing but I guess with so many versions it'd be a pain in the ass to optimize all of them.

Atolm

Oct 25, 2017
I'm planning to target 4k 60fps with 3070, if I can't then it will probably have a borderless window mode at 2k like nioh 2 has.

Same, in Nioh 2 the IQ was actually better with DLSS since DLSS's TAA algorithm was way better than whatever KT shipped the game with, I'm expecting the same for WoLong.

So basically aside from summoning there will be actual seamless co-op? I'm actually hyped if that's true.

Tbh with the ghosts you can pretty much play Nioh from start to finish with allies.

Keziaka6591

Jan 31, 2023
Tbh with the ghosts you can pretty much play Nioh from start to finish with allies.

Via expeditions you could actually play through the whole game with shared progression with 2 other people.

The system was a little awkward but worked fairly well.

Glad they're leaning into it and decided to make invasions opt in/opt out

I love Team Ninja's games but I think Nioh 1 PvP really solidified that they make amazing PvE combat systems that are fairly awkward and not that satisfying in PvP. I'd prefer having absolute batshit build variety than having to trim a lot of options for PvP balance.

And I don't trust their netcode for something like this tbh.

Booshka

May 8, 2018
Colton, CA
I'm actually bummed that invasions can be turned off, gonna tank the online population for adversarial multiplayer.

I prefer the risk/reward that From games do where co op is open to invasion and solo play is a toggle.

Still hyped tho, gonna try this game on Series S, hope the 60fps on Performance mode is smooth.

barjed

Project Lead
Verified
Aug 31, 2018
Worst thing about lack of DLSS at launch in a TN game is that it means no TAA. Both SOP and Nioh really benefit from a temporal solution. Otherwise it's shimmer city.

Bizkit Krueger