• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
Seems to basically be that there is very little "new" feeling content. New maps that look a lot like maps in the base game, bosses that are either beefed up regular enemies or palette swaps from the base game, only two new enemy types on a very lacking base roster, etc. Overall short. Mentions of the last boss being really really good though and a highlight.
🤔 I see. Kinda similar to Nioh 2's DLC I guess? I felt like they were meaty enough but they definitely recycled a lot...

BeeDog

Oct 26, 2017
Sorry for bumping this up, but has anyone here gone through the DLC?

It was easy going until I hit the Dian Wei boss, and it's the hardest shit Team Ninja has done by far. I really can't wrap my head around it: at most, I can only take like an 8th of his health before he rips me apart with a massive combo.

What's the trick to beating this fucker?

Mesharey

Dec 7, 2017
Kuwait
Sorry for bumping this up, but has anyone here gone through the DLC?

It was easy going until I hit the Dian Wei boss, and it's the hardest shit Team Ninja has done by far. I really can't wrap my head around it: at most, I can only take like an 8th of his health before he rips me apart with a massive combo.

What's the trick to beating this fucker?
I finished it when it came out but I think you mean the last boss correct?
Unfortunately I don't have anything good to say, I just had to learn his pattern, I used poison too iirc.

I just checked YouTube and this one might be useful:

Atom

Jul 25, 2021
Seems like some details are dropping re: the action and RPG reworks

Translated from Chinese media report. Apologize for any translation mistakes.

1. The longsword possesses a unique action mode, allowing you to switch between regular attacks and charged attacks. During charging, by pressing the directional keys, it will perform like deflecting, and charge quickly.
  2. Weapons with ★5 or higher can be equipped in a total of six martial arts, and you can use "Soul Fragments" to upgrade and replace these martial arts. Exclusive martial arts for specific warlords cannot be replaced.
  3. New rarity ★7 and new grace: Gonggong, Zhurong, Chiyou, and Xuannu. Xuannu has special effects to enhance ranged attacks.
  4. Equipment sets from warlords have a new attribute called "Extreme". Not sure what special effects it carries.
  5. The new endgame mode "The Thousands Miles Journey" is like a roguelike mode. In this mode, players can progress based on their choices, with each route corresponding to different rewards and challenge levels. Every 10 miles of the journey, players can reach a campsite, which serves as a checkpoint. If a player fails, they will return to the last campsite, but they can also use a special reward called "Horseshoe Gold" to attempt the challenge again.
  6. New Shitieshou will provide two accessories at one time.
UPDATE
  1. Almost all spells have reduced their startup and recovery times, making them smoother to use in combat without slowing down the pace.
  2. Due to the overpowering resurrection mechanism of Yinglong, the dev team has comprehensively enhanced other divine beasts, including their energy accumulation speed, release power, and more. Additionally, they have weakened Yinglong, slowing down its energy accumulation and making its resurrection only restore half HP.
  3. All weapons have multiple-stage spirit bars, like gauntlets.
UPDATE 2
  1. New spell - Wood Phase: 移花接木咒 Generate branches enveloped in lightning, piercing through enemies to steal their HP. https://imgur.com/J9ik9PB
  2. New spell - Metal Phase: 五兵凌迟咒 Summon numerous weapons from underfoot, shredding the surrounding enemies. https://imgur.com/jfVmxAP
  3. Totally 10 new spells according to https://www.4gamer.net/games/637/G063793/20230920001/ provided by @Mineral-mouse. Hopefully I didn't translate it wrong.

Honestly sounds great. Early game still seems like it will feel restrictive, but having up to 12 martials arts with replacement across both weapons, having the secondary spirit gauge with buffs on all weapons, a lot more spells, faster recoveries and the like sounds solid, as does the roguelite mode.

Will probably wait till the 3rd DLC comes out because I have no doubt TN will keep adding balance changes and new features up until the end, but feeling a bit more optimistic about this versus launch. Want to go back to it in its best state with an open mind.

Tendo

Oct 26, 2017

Honestly sounds great. Early game still seems like it will feel restrictive, but having up to 12 martials arts with replacement across both weapons, having the secondary spirit gauge with buffs on all weapons, a lot more spells, faster recoveries and the like sounds solid, as does the roguelite mode.

Will probably wait till the 3rd DLC comes out because I have no doubt TN will keep adding balance changes and new features up until the end, but feeling a bit more optimistic about this versus launch. Want to go back to it in its best state with an open mind.
This all sounds awesome! Any idea when this is supposed to hit? Although I may wait for 3rd dlc as well and do it all at once. I know it wasn't super well liked but i loved the parry combat. Had a great time with it.

Xevren

Oct 25, 2017

Just wanted to say thanks for posting this. It all sounds really intersting, especially with the rogue like mode.

OrangePulp

Jul 21, 2020

Interesting. I didn't even finish wo long, it just felt kinda flat compared to Nioh 2, but it sounds like the DLC and updates should round it out. And to be fair, having played Nioh and it's sequel on PC, I only ever got the 'finished' version. Roguelike mode also sounds fun for this sort of game.

To your point about the early game being restrictive: I think this is one of the weakest points of these games. They lock the good stuff away for too long. Does Wo Long also restrict graces till NG+? IMO, at least based on Nioh 2, you should have all skills available and graces/builds should be a thing by midgame, since that's when the game really opens up.

Gouf

May 17, 2018
The roadmap they released a while ago seemed really promising in the sense that it looked like they were actually going to address a lot of issues with the game. 6 martial arts per weapon should open things up rather significantly. One of the unique strengths of the game was being able to use martial arts for mobility while keeping up the offense, so it's nice to see that we won't have to pick and choose between high damage and mobility like before.

They showed off the charge mechanics in their presentation earlier today for the longsword and it looks super fun to use (the fact that it has the NG2/NG3/SoP scythe throw as a martial art is just icing on the cake too). Gives me a lot of hope for their planned reworks of existing weapons to make them more distinctive from one another.

This all sounds awesome! Any idea when this is supposed to hit? Although I may wait for 3rd dlc as well and do it all at once. I know it wasn't super well liked but i loved the parry combat. Had a great time with it.
The DLC/update drops on the 27th of this month.

Atom

Jul 25, 2021
Game's $42 on Steam right now. Considering picking it up, but seems from the reviews that the port's still bad?

View: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1448440/Wo_Long_Fallen_Dynasty/

Steam has a 2h no questions asked refund policy. You can buy it, give it a shot, and refund if necessary. You'll know within 2 hours if there are issues.

Fwiw after a launch window patch I had no issues with the game beyond a couple very minor stutters, on a 5800h/3070m laptop, so decent but not particularly amazing hardware. Last I checked a couple months ago it also ran a lot better too.

Just looking at those most helpful reviews from the last 30 days, one is complaining about performance, and one is saying that the game is too demanding for their below-spec CPU.

A lot of the other reviews are complaints that it's not Nioh 2 (which yeah, fair. It does feel like a substantial regression, though lots of changes as detailed above look to be making it better).

Zafir

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly performance will largely depend on your CPU. I had a Ryzen 9 3900XT(which is above their recommended specs) before and it was fine 90% of the time, but there was a few trouble spots which would stutter without fail. The worst being a section with lightning and a dragon that would consistently stutter as well as a later boss fight which would consistently freeze up the game for a second every time he did a specific attack. That's after the launch patches too. After upgrading my CPU I ended up not getting any stutters at all, so if you have a reasonably new CPU it's probably fine, but be wary if it's a few years old you might end up with stutters. I think some animations/effects just bog down the CPU for whatever reason and no setting changes will fix it.

Atom

Jul 25, 2021
DLC is out with exhaustive patch notes

teamninja-studio.com

UPDATE | Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty

From the depths of darkness, a dragon soars. The story of a militia soldier fighting for survival in the chaotic Three Kingdoms

Season pass also on sale for those interested.

Atom

Jul 25, 2021
Oh thanks for the heads-up. 20% off only... but still. Wonder if it's a good time to get it? I'm in the middle of so many games right now

I'm probably gonna hold off, since if I go back I'll probably not come back for DLC3 again.

And yeah too many games and it will almost surely be on sale again later, wouldn't be surprised if around DLC3 launch either.

crespo

Oct 27, 2017
As someone who 100%'d the main game, bought season pass and promised to go back to it after DLCs and updates, and haven't touched the game since bc 2023 is being crazy...

If you're on the fence with a full gaming agenda, then yeah it's OK to hold off on it. It's a great game, but it can wait.

Oct 27, 2017
I think if I wait until the last DLC drops the season pass will be on sale at a price that I'd be willing to bite on. I think $10-15 would be my sweet spot.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Them adding the ability to use 6 abilities rather than just 2 is really big imho. One of my biggest complaints coming from Nioh 2 was that the combat was in many ways, waaaaay too paired back. Weapons felt like they didn't have even a third of the complexity. Hopefully this change will feel notably better.

Gitaroo

Nov 3, 2017
They ever patch in shader recompilation step before you start playing? Game was very stuttery, so much for hyping up pc and in house engine, games after games they still can't ship their pc ports with upscalers one day 1. They want the pc money but not willing to put in any effort

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Okay, I need a better one to drop, but holy fuck the Longsword has sick ass animations. I feel like they always go so ham on DLC weapons and they are always so cool.

XDDX

Oct 26, 2017
They ever patch in shader recompilation step before you start playing? Game was very stuttery, so much for hyping up pc and in house engine, games after games they still can't ship their pc ports with upscalers one day 1. They want the pc money but not willing to put in any effort
Nope but it is doing some building or caching in the back so it's not too stuttery after the first 10 minutes or so if you can stand that. The particles effects really need optimizing in their engine since stuff like lightning effects really tank the FPS even on consoles, and they generally happen during the bigger encounters so it's a bit annoying.

SmokedSalmon

Apr 1, 2019
I only got to play around with the newest patch for just a bit last night, but it seems really cool.

6 martial arts is wild and tons of fun. There's a bit of a learning curve because you need to switch between two sets of three arts, but it adds a lot to the combat.

You can see from the patch notes but tons of things (like magic) feel faster. Not crazy faster, but still nice.

Honestly my favorite addition is that they took out the pickup animation so you can pick up drops as your moving instead of watching your character pick them up.

The Longsword is awesome. I hope I can find one that goes with my Grace set soon.

I have no idea how you're supposed to reach the recommended levels of the higher difficulties without tons of grinding. I'm going to be well over a hundred levels under leveled when I start the highest difficulty after I beat the dlc 2 stages on the previous highest level. Thankfully everything is still very fun and manageable, but I can't help but wonder what it would feel like to be the appropriate level.

I'm playing on a laptop and DLSS in quality mode has been giving me a decent 60 fps at 1440p, and this is a 1080p laptop that I have hooked up to a monitor. The hidden village still regularly takes me to the 40s though.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Um...

When did they make this one massive change?

Namely uh, I loaded back into a level after beating it and all the checkpoints are still unlocked and all of the banners have still been placed.

Was that a change in DLC1?

Or am I mistaken and it was always like that?

Last edited:

SmokedSalmon

Apr 1, 2019
The first boss in DLC 2 is pretty tough (at least, he is on the second highest difficulty). I wasn't able to beat him before I needed to go to bed. I think it's going to take me a while, but I'll beat him.

Um...

Namely uh, I loaded back into a level after beating it and all the checkpoints are still unlocked and all of the banners have still been placed.

Wow, really? I've just been going level to level for each difficulty without replaying, so I totally missed that. There are a couple stages where getting all the flags is a bit of a pain, so not having to do it on a replay will be nice.

Atom

Jul 25, 2021
I have no idea how you're supposed to reach the recommended levels of the higher difficulties without tons of grinding. I'm going to be well over a hundred levels under leveled when I start the highest difficulty after I beat the dlc 2 stages on the previous highest level. Thankfully everything is still very fun and manageable, but I can't help but wonder what it would feel like to be the appropriate level.

Team Ninja really need to figure out their endgame progression stuff. It's kinda absurd that it basically sucks until all the DLC is out and even then can be a slog. I love the RPG systems and the set bonuses and synergies are great in their games, but it would be nice to just be able to put something together in an hour or so, and be able to upgrade gear and relatively easily rework your build as each NG+ gets released. Make it feel more like playing through a higher difficulty character action game, and keep the heavy grind + broken build shit to the end-end game perhaps, not sure.

Stranger of Paradise basically nailed this by DLC3 -- one currency for everything that you can pretty easily farm, you can move affixes from one weapon to another, you can duplicate a weapon if you really like it and want to keep a copy for future use, etc. etc. Then they expanded the endless roguelite mode so that players have something to do all that shit for.

It'll be interesting to see how Rise of the Ronin handles NG+ since its presumably not going to have all the Nioh/Wo Long machinery verbatim.

Um...

Or am I mistaken and it was always like that?

I think they might have actually added this before DLC one. They didn't make any kind of big deal about it iirc, it was just kinda listed in one of the patch notes, as are most changes. I think they also made it so that you can choose to select another mission after clearing a mission or return to the hidden village, added counters for collectables and stuff. Lots of things to cut down frictions.

It brings it closer to parity with Nioh where on higher difficulties you didn't need to re-find the Kodama again, and cuts out the busywork that everyone was going to do anyway because morale becomes important.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
I think they might have actually added this before DLC one. They didn't make any kind of big deal about it iirc, it was just kinda listed in one of the patch notes, as are most changes. I think they also made it so that you can choose to select another mission after clearing a mission or return to the hidden village, added counters for collectables and stuff. Lots of things to cut down frictions.

It brings it closer to parity with Nioh where on higher difficulties you didn't need to re-find the Kodama again, and cuts out the busywork that everyone was going to do anyway because morale becomes important.

I see that you can press Triangle to disable the flags retained, though not sure why'd you want to disable it lol

This makes farming some bosses so much easier.

SmokedSalmon

Apr 1, 2019
Team Ninja really need to figure out their endgame progression stuff. It's kinda absurd that it basically sucks until all the DLC is out and even then can be a slog. I love the RPG systems and the set bonuses and synergies are great in their games, but it would be nice to just be able to put something together in an hour or so, and be able to upgrade gear and relatively easily rework your build as each NG+ gets released. Make it feel more like playing through a higher difficulty character action game, and keep the heavy grind + broken build shit to the end-end game perhaps, not sure.

Yeah I wish I could speed the process of getting a gear set up a bit. They always add in a new tier of equipment and I always have to switch to a completely different set based on my RNG.

Naru

May 11, 2019
Started this after Lies of P. It's kinda ok but I think I have to stop playing. The levels aren't fun to go around. I am currently at Part IV - Darkness Over the Hanshui River and this shit is a nightmare to navigate and I am sick seeing the same enemies (hello Demonized Officer) around every corner. Feels like I am playing capture the flag too. I hope the morale system never returns in any game. And wtf was that Taotie fight?

I loved Nioh 1, I need to check out Nioh 2.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
I will say, the Longsword almost feels OP.

Cause to an extent it almost feels like someone dropped a Nioh weapon into the game. Compared to the other weapons it's got sauce.

I felt like most weapons had like 3 basic attacks and then the spirit attack, the long sword has...

1. Long ass basic string
2. Charged normal attack that has ranged
3. Spirit attack
4. Charged Spirit Attack AoE
5. You charge up your normal or spirit quickly after doing a martial art
6. You can "dodge" while in charge state and if you time it correctly counts as a deflect AND if you deflect it maxes out the charge instantly

That's on top of now having 6 Martial Arts.

Atom

Jul 25, 2021
I really wish they gave the older weapons the same amount of care they gave to the longsword. It looks so damn cool. I think otherwise you run the risk of there just being one or two weapons that are fun to play with while the others sort of feel comparatively vestigial.

There's a lengthy producer letter here
store.steampowered.com

Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty - Director’s Letter Vol.2 - Steam News

Hello to everyone who has been enjoying Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty. This is the game’s producer/director, Hirayama. The second DLC, "Conqueror of Jiangdong", and the free Ver1.200 update were released. For this letter, I’ve selected some of the new and updated content to introduce in a bit more...

Atom

Jul 25, 2021
Reinstalled to fuck around a bit on NG+

And uh, I think I misunderstood their patch note months back about making it so that you don't have to re-collect battle flags. It's per difficulty, so you still have to scrape a level each time on each new difficulty at least once.

Genuinely a dealbreaker and probably not going to bother with the DLC at any point now. The magic of NG+ in Nioh/2/SoP was that there was none of this bullshit. You'd rush to the boss and kill it dead bam. Scraping the same levels 4 times sounds so fucking unpleasant and I can't believe they'd leave that design decision in there. Morale is such a shit system anyway, just needless busywork for skilled players and an agonizing grind for those who need it as a crutch.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Reinstalled to fuck around a bit on NG+

And uh, I think I misunderstood their patch note months back about making it so that you don't have to re-collect battle flags. It's per difficulty, so you still have to scrape a level each time on each new difficulty at least once.

Genuinely a dealbreaker and probably not going to bother with the DLC at any point now. The magic of NG+ in Nioh/2/SoP was that there was none of this bullshit. You'd rush to the boss and kill it dead bam. Scraping the same levels 4 times sounds so fucking unpleasant and I can't believe they'd leave that design decision in there. Morale is such a shit system anyway, just needless busywork for skilled players and an agonizing grind for those who need it as a crutch.

Yeah, I do kind of wish that the Morale system was just something in NG and not beyond it.

In some ways, cause it also makes it feel like doing Morale Builds > Any other build in the game.

Martinski

Jan 15, 2019
Göteborg
Trying the game and stuck on first boss. As someone who has platinum in Nioh 1 and 2 I don't understand the stupid fucking decision to throw in an incredibly hard and overtuned boss fight like literally 30 fucking minutes into your stupid game, with 2 fucking phases where you have to beat a 2nd phase that's just crazy. With very limited 3 healing items.

I'm just giving this boss a few more tries as it's on Gamepass before dropping it.

Just incredible how dumb fucking decisions some devs take with their games. Like more than 70-80% of your players must have dropped the game before venture forth lol.

I'm just dumbfounded

Last edited:

stn

Oct 28, 2017
Trying the game and stuck on first boss. As someone who has platinum in Nioh 1 and 2 I don't understand the stupid fucking decision to throw in an incredibly hard and overtuned boss fight like literally 30 fucking minutes into your stupid game, with 2 fucking phases where you have to beat a 2nd phase that's just crazy. With very limited 3 healing items.

I'm just giving this boss a few more tries as it's on Gamepass before dropping it.

Just incredible how dumb fucking decisions some devs take with their games. Like more than 70-80% of your players must have dropped the game before venture forth lol.

I'm just dumbfounded
Honestly, he's easy. Killed me once only. Just parry and use strong attacks to get him in stagger. I also platted both Nioh games and Wo is sooooo much easier. Stick with it.

AEF1907

Fallen Guardian
Dec 18, 2021

I'm just dumbfounded
The funny thing is almost every boss after him is way easier. Would you also believe me if i said that they even nerfed him lol.

But keep in mind you don't have to kill him in the in the second phase, only damage him so long that you can summon your divine beast.

Martinski

Jan 15, 2019
Göteborg
Honestly, he's easy. Killed me once only. Just parry and use strong attacks to get him in stagger. I also platted both Nioh games and Wo is sooooo much easier. Stick with it.

Don't understand how anyone can think he is easy. Been stuck for some time and died like 20 ish times .. just parry lmao …

It's a shitty fight and imo it's a idiotic fucking decision to have a very difficult 2 phased fight with limited resources 30 fucking min into a tutorial..

Giving this bullshit 30 more minutes then bye bye game.

Martinski

Jan 15, 2019
Göteborg
The funny thing is almost every boss after him is way easier. Would you also believe me if i said that they even nerfed him lol.

But keep in mind you don't have to kill him in the in the second phase, only damage him so long that you can summon your divine beast.

Well it makes it even more fucking idiotic if it's one of the harder bosses you face to have it at the literal start of the game. Like most people who aren't gods at these types of games will drop it lol . Like I said im dumbfounded at the devs putting this fight here…

As a first boss in a game its one of the worst bosses in a game I've ever played since it's just bad to put it here its like it should be the 6th or 7th boss in a game like this not a fucking tutorial boss.

Hyun Sai

Oct 27, 2017
I can agree, I managed to beat the first boss during the demo, even without knowing the Divine Beast or whatever method of the second phase, but I have to say it's the most stupid first level boss ever, a complete failure of game design.

I understand totally people being put off by this nonsense.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
As a first boss in a game its one of the worst bosses in a game I've ever played since it's just bad to put it here its like it should be the 6th or 7th boss in a game like this not a fucking tutorial boss.

No, you're not wrong. It's the worst first boss in any action game I've ever played. It's COMPLETELY out of whack with the level before it and the next four or five levels after it.

And the game just expecting you to intuitively know about, and deploy, a mechanic you've never used before in the middle of a fight while you're desperately trying not to die is one of the stupidest pieces of game design I've ever seen. The original Nioh had you use your spirit summon during the first boss fight too, but it was a significantly easier tutorial boss and the game AUTOMATICALLY USES IT FOR YOU if you reach a certain point in the fight. It doesn't just expect you to either win normally or somehow INTUIT to use a specific button combo you've never used before.

Martinski

Jan 15, 2019
Göteborg
No, you're not wrong. It's the worst first boss in any action game I've ever played. It's COMPLETELY out of whack with the level before it and the next four or five levels after it.

And the game just expecting you to intuitively know about, and deploy, a mechanic you've never used before in the middle of a fight while you're desperately trying not to die is one of the stupidest pieces of game design I've ever seen. The original Nioh had you use your spirit summon during the first boss fight too, but it was a significantly easier tutorial boss and the game AUTOMATICALLY USES IT FOR YOU if you reach a certain point in the fight. It doesn't just expect you to either win normally or somehow INTUIT to use a specific button combo you've never used before.

Imo it's just failure in every way possible in game design, it's like the devs telling ppl hey we don't want u to really play this game.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Imo it's just failure in every way possible in game design, it's like the devs telling ppl hey we don't want u to really play this game.

All they needed to do was make it so that if you die in Phase 2 while your spirit gauge is full, you automatically release your spirit summon and end the fight, which is exactly what happens in Nioh 1's tutorial boss.

Martinski

Jan 15, 2019
Göteborg
Beat the first boss out of sheer stubbornes and made decent progress until Lu Bu, will drop the game here. This boss fight is one of those bullshit fights you have to either have a broken build for following a guide or play impeccable parrying. If you can't parry every fucking attack here you can't beat it simple.

Well then it's a good fucking this he wields a flaming weapon which make it impossible to see when you are supposed to parry the incoming unblockables. I was able in one try to get one fatal attack after some parries and whoop like 5% fucking damage, means you have to play perfect for a long ass time to beat it.

Just not possible for me to parry perfect for like 20-30 minutes or so.

More and more idiotic game design in this, one of those games i'm glad was on gamepass and never bought. Bye videogame.

Dogui

Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
Beat the first boss out of sheer stubbornes and made decent progress until Lu Bu, will drop the game here. This boss fight is one of those bullshit fights you have to either have a broken build for following a guide or play impeccable parrying. If you can't parry every fucking attack here you can't beat it simple.

Well then it's a good fucking this he wields a flaming weapon which make it impossible to see when you are supposed to parry the incoming unblockables. I was able in one try to get one fatal attack after some parries and whoop like 5% fucking damage, means you have to play perfect for a long ass time to beat it.

Just not possible for me to parry perfect for like 20-30 minutes or so.

More and more idiotic game design in this, one of those games i'm glad was on gamepass and never bought. Bye videogame.

Honestly, i don't get how people get stuck in Lu Bu but defeats the previous 3 bosses without much problems.

Just don't follow him, be patient, be less active and more reactive...maybe he's a little different from what you defeated so far, but i don't think he's exactly harder if you keep calm.

I had a lot more problems with the dude that makes lots of copies of himself. The hardest boss in general for me was the Ox dude in the 5th level, i guess?

Also, the tiger like demon is great for training parries, but i feel like you're skilled enough on it already if you reached Lu Bu. You probably need to change the way you play a little for him.

You probably did it already, but watching a gameplay video could do wonders.

Martinski

Jan 15, 2019
Göteborg
Honestly, i don't get how people get stuck in Lu Bu but defeats the previous 3 bosses without much problems.

Just don't follow him, be patient, be less active and more reactive...maybe he's a little different from what you defeated so far, but i don't think he's exactly harder if you keep calm.

I had a lot more problems with the dude that makes lots of copies of himself. The hardest boss in general for me was the Ox dude in the 5th level, i guess?

Also, the tiger like demon is great for training parries, but i feel like you're skilled enough on it already if you reached Lu Bu. You probably need to change the way you play a little for him.

You probably did it already, but watching a gameplay video could do wonders.

Problem is that i can't parry his unblockables/criticals perfectly for the entire fight and if you can't you can't beat it. I can't see it flashes red because of his flaming spear. You have to play this fight perfect for like 10 + minutes since you barely do any damage at all, not even the fatal if you those in does like 5% of his health bar.

This fight is harder than most ones in Nioh 1,2 and Sekiro imo.

Anyway dropped and uninstalled the game. Don't have more patiance for this bullshit.

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
I think as long as you're exploring the levels for the healing vial upgrades its not too bad. Made the mistake of rushing through levels and then my 4 heals did basically nothing. Lu Bu was harder than the previous few but I don't think its that big of a jump?