• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Jan 27, 2019
Fuck off
First things first, there is no blood in my faeces, but a few days ago I did notice a small lump on my coccyx just above the top of my butt cheeks. It's about the size of a pea and painful to the touch.

When I woke up this morning it was bleeding, it seems to be a pilonidal cyst. i hope my GP surgery has reopened, I'm going to call them and try to get an appointment today.

Khasim

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Thank God this is not another one of those 'Hey Era, I can't feel my toes and they are starting to turn black, what should I do?' threads.
And thanks for sharing, OP. Hope your ass gets fixed.

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
Fucking hell, those things are horrible. Get it taken care of sooner and not later.

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017
First things first, there is no blood in my faeces, but a few days ago I did notice a small lump on my coccyx just above the top of my butt cheeks. It's about the size of a pea and painful to the touch.

When I woke up this morning it was bleeding, it seems to be a pilonidal cyst. i hope my GP surgery has reopened, I'm going to call them and try to get an appointment today.

Pretty sure I had one of those around my tail bone once. After a week or so my brilliant plan was to wet some paper towel and stick it in my crack to keep it moist all day long. After about a day of that this beige, pea-sized ball popped out of it (waxy in texture) and the cyst quickly went away.

Funny enough, years earlier I had this dark spot on my bicep that was pretty much numb to everything. After some time I got bored, grabbed a pocket knife and went excavating (don't worry, I sanitized it with a wet wipe!). After some digging another one of those nifty beige balls popped out and the cyst quickly went away.

So to summarize OP, try to find the beige ball! It's the key to resolving all of this! :D

OP
OP
Lightning Count
Jan 27, 2019
Fuck off
Thank God this is not another one of those 'Hey Era, I can't feel my toes and they are starting to turn black, what should I do?' threads.
And thanks for sharing, OP. Hope your ass gets fixed.
Here in Scotland that doesn't really happen because healthcare and prescriptions aree free on the NHS. Most people go to the doctor pretty much immediately.

OP
OP
Lightning Count
Jan 27, 2019
Fuck off
Pretty sure I had one of those around my tail bone once. After a week or so my brilliant plan was to wet some paper towel and stick it in my crack to keep it moist all day long. After about a day of that this beige, pea-sized ball popped out of it (waxy in texture) and the cyst quickly went away.

Funny enough, years earlier I had this dark spot on my bicep that was pretty much numb to everything. After some time I got bored, grabbed a pocket knife and went excavating (don't worry, I sanitized it with a wet wipe!). After some digging another one of those nifty beige balls popped out and the cyst quickly went away.

So to summarize OP, try to find the beige ball! It's the key to resolving all of this! :D

I had one on my ear lobe that I squeezed out, never came back after that.

WizardofPeace

Oct 27, 2017

This had me laughing my ass off. You remind me of an old friend, this mf pulled his own teeth with pliers. Fuck the doctor ill do it myself type lol

nsilvias

Oct 25, 2017
probably something you ate. ive bled from my ass too. i never went to a doctor. as long as it doesnt keep happening you should be good

edit: read the op. nevermind

PSOreo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm so sorry this is happening to you Op and I hope you get the help you need. I have to admit though that I laughed at the title as I read it in the style of the Sopranos theme song.

Beary Jams

Nov 5, 2017
Portland, OR
Ooof, I thought my issues with hemorrhoids and fissures were bad, but that cyst looks nasty based off the images I've got on Google. Best of luck OP, hope you get it taken care of soon.

Sidewinder

Oct 25, 2017
Welcome to the club!

Since I had it 7 years ago and after I had mine removed I was never able to sit again without pain in my coccyx. I hope you won't share the same fate.

Shadybiz

Oct 27, 2017
Ugh, sorry to hear that. Had one of those when I was a kid; it was uncomfortable to say the least. Good that you're getting it taken care of.

ivantod

Oct 27, 2017

Yeah, I've had one of those some years ago, and your description definitely rings a bell. Hopefully you won't need an actual full surgery to deal with it (like I did) since that can be a bit uncomfortable while the surgery wound heals. At least it's not anything really dangerous, just uncomfortable to deal with.

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017

This can't be normal

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017
This can't be normal

I've long pondered those lil beige balls. I figured they were the "core" of the cyst so removing them resolved it. Squishing said balls was like squishing a ball of candle wax.

Never had a recurrence since. The one on my arm would've been about 25 years ago and the one on my backside would've been about 20.

kami_sama

Oct 26, 2017
Godspeed.
I had one and had to have the middle part of my asscheeks removed lmao.
Recovery is brutal however, at first I went to sleep crying and every bump in the road made me agonize.

OP
OP
Lightning Count
Jan 27, 2019
Fuck off
Just spent 55 minutes on the phone, most of it on hold, I have to go to the out of hours surgery as a nurse or doctor needs to look at me before this can be treated, they are going to call back with an appointment time, so now I have to wait.

Akira86

Oct 25, 2017
I'm so sorry this is happening to you Op and I hope you get the help you need. I have to admit though that I laughed at the title as I read it in the style of the Sopranos theme song.
now i'm laughing my ass off

OP: try not to worry. docs know what to do with those. just make sure you keep the bandage fresh, and the area properly treated, and it'll heal up in time.

Do not be afraid to express any pain you're feeling if you have it so they can assign proper pain meds if needed.

LastCaress

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
b6c.gif

That1GoodHunter

My ass legally belongs to Ted Price
Oct 17, 2019
OP, good luck, and stay strong. The recovery for me was brutal, and horribly lenghty. My cyst was in DEEP, and the wound left behind was.... Oooof.

I had one removed that left behind a gnarly 4 inch deep wound (the little fucker was practically stuck to the side of my tailbone). The first doctor who oversaw my recovery had my parents perform these wound cleanings that pushed my body's level of pain tolerence to limits I was not aware it possessed. That fucker was sadistic. No pain meds, made the recovery process as drawn out as possible, just horrible.

I had to switch doctors, because the recovery was not going smoothly, with constant set backs, and was becoming suicidal over the daily, brutal, wound cleanings.

Thankfully, the next doctor who overlook my recovery was a sweetheart, and actually knew what the fuck he was doing. He told me the other doctor was a fucking sadist. All fine now, but yeah, would not wish that on anyone.

Oct 27, 2017
Good luck OP.

Not that familiar with this type of thing but I hope you get it sorted out as fast and painless as possible.
Ok now I am dying haha

Nov 2, 2017
Uuuuugh I had the same thing. Got a surgery a couple of years ago, fuck me the recovery was really bad. Couldn't sit, lie down. Shitting was traumatizing for a week or so.

OP
OP
Lightning Count
Jan 27, 2019
Fuck off
Finally heard back from out of hours. Told me me to go to my GP tomorrow morning.

What I have is a polinidal abscess it will be drained under local anaesthetic.

Last edited:
Apr 25, 2020
I hate to tell ya OP, but treatment for those types of cysts is its own kind of hell. Depending on how bad it is, the cyst will have to be sliced open, drained, cleaned out and then stitched up. You're gonna be sitting on a donut for a considerable amount of time, and going to the toilet is going to become a very delicate process.

Everyday Math

Oct 25, 2017

Iv had one. And the surgery was awful. Prepared to be stabbed in the ass numerous times. And I'm not lying when I say it hurts.
It's good tho that it still seems very small and not yet swelled. So hopefully it won't be too bad. And you won't need a lot of numbing shots like I did.

The pain was so bad when I had the cyst. Anytime I tried to sit, sleep, or go to the bathroom I was close to throwing up. So yeah get it taken care of as fast as you can. Before it spirals.

I had to have follow up visits everyday for 3 weeks where they had to stuff the hole with new cotton and had to scrap old skin away. It had to heal from the inside out. Other wise you risk the chance of it coming back. Also trying to keep the bandage on is so annoying. Be careful showering.

Last edited:

Yasuke

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Could be worse.

I'm sitting in the waiting room to see a GI as I type this. Rather not go into details why, but I am experiencing something you very clearly said you aren't, for starters.

Hope it works out and isn't anything serious, OP.

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
Iv had one. And the surgery was awful. Prepared to be stabbed in the ass numerous times. It's good tho that it still seems very small and not yet swelled. So hopefully it won't be too bad.

The pain was so bad anytime I tried to sit, sleep, or go to the bathroom I was close to throwing up. So yeah get it taken care of as fast as you can. Before it spirals.

I had to have follow up visits everyday for 3 weeks where they had to stuff the hole with new cotton and had to scrap old skin away. It had to heal from the inside out. Other wise you risk the chance of it coming back.
This part was the worrrrrrrrst. I tried to humor myself thinking it was a magician pulling a streamer out of the hole.

Then it came back. I said fuck it and handled it myself with a lighter and a razor blade because I didn't have the money to go back to the doctor. It's been gone ever since (18 years now).

Everyday Math

Oct 25, 2017
This part was the worrrrrrrrst. I tried to humor myself thinking it was a magician pulling a streamer out of the hole.

Then it came back. I said fuck it and handled it myself with a lighter and a razor blade because I didn't have the money to go back to the doctor. It's been gone ever since (18 years now).
giphy.gif

The thought of putting that anywhere near my ass is scary lol. But I understand you gotta do what yah gotta do.

Yeah, the money aspect was awful. While my insurance covered for most of it. I think it ended up being like 20k or something like that. I still had to pay like 2k out of pocket.

mute

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
SO had this a few years back. Not fun dealing with it afterwards.

Dave.

Oct 27, 2017
Thankfully it turned out I didn't have one, but in the course of my concerned internet searching a few years back I found this incredible resource. Lots of info for you to learn I'm afraid, OP:

There are several possible procedures, it's worth knowing your options and what they might entail.

www.pilonidal.org

Pilonidal Discussions - UK Forum

Discussion on UK specific topics - NHS, Surgeons, etc.. Please post basic Pilonidal questions in the General forum above. (No images in this forum)

Pilonidal Support Alliance

Support for patients with Pilonidal Disease, those who care for them, and those who provide treatment.

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
giphy.gif

The thought of putting that anywhere near my ass is scary lol. But I understand you gotta do what yah gotta do.

Yeah, the money aspect was awful. While my insurance covered for most of it. I think it ended up being like 20k or something like that. I still had to pay like 2k out of pocket.
I had no insurance and was still paying off the first trip so yeah, it was either deal with indescribable pain, do something drastic, or live in medical debt for the rest of time.

Dave.

Oct 27, 2017

Username checks out

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017
OP, if they yank one of those beige balls out your bum keep it!
I'm curious what they are, heh.

GMM

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
woke up this morning, bleeding from my arse

mama always said I'd be the chosen bum

I'm one in a million, I've got to fart to shine

born under a bad sign with a blue moon in my eyes

- yeah

woke up this morning, bleeding from my arse

Hope it turns out to be nothing, get well