• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
I've just played again after the downtime over the weekend, I only got to level 2 on Friday - just dipped my toe in. The toe is dipped a little more now. I'm level 5 but have to head off as I have a work trip tomorrow but really loved what I've played so far. Looking forward to continuing tomorrow night.

johancruijff

Oct 25, 2017
Italy
So post campaign if you make another char you share chest, city progression but no money&the other thing?

tenor.gif

Nirran

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Kickstarter campaign ended up a complete dumpster fire. A huge amount of the backers including myself have yet to get a key for a game that we made possible and the company is completely ignoring them to try and fix the wreck of a launch. Really makes you think twice about backing a game.

Tya

Oct 30, 2017
Kickstarter campaign ended up a complete dumpster fire. A huge amount of the backers including myself have yet to get a key for a game that we made possible and the company is completely ignoring them to try and fix the wreck of a launch. Really makes you think twice about backing a game.

That's awful.

Carian Knight

Oct 27, 2017
Turkey
Still can't connect and back to D3. This is basically a paid beta. Wonderful visuals, engaging gameplay other than that it needs a ton of work.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
Care to tell mw how?

every piece of gear you pick up is saved, theres a fuckload of dyes to collect, each piece of gear has 2+, usually 3+ parts to color individually, there are no class restrictions you can mog whatever you want (except weapons into other weapons), and when you mog, you are actually mogging the character itself not the gear you are currently wearing, so even if you replace a piece you still have the mogged look (until you change it again of course)

Go back a few pages and youll see several people posting pictures of their characters, here's some of mine

Last edited:

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
I really want to love that game... I really do... But they are starting to make it more and more difficult...

I might just go back to Grim Dawn or finally try to learn how to play POE....

Santini

Oct 25, 2017
This was posted this morning on the announcements channel on the Wolcen Discord:

Calistaen(CM) [Wolcen] said:
We would like to inform you that we will fix the gold/item dupe issues later this week. Actions will also be taken against accounts who abused these issues or took advantage of it. We recommend you don't accept trading from other players passing a massive amount of golds to you to avoid sanctions.

No idea what "sanctions" are going to be, but after the server issues, as well as the game basically launching as a paid beta with a ton of bugs--including loss of progress--perhaps announcing that you intend on punishing your player base isn't the best idea?

Hey Wolcen team, you've got the metrics for this, right? Instead of sanctions, why not just roll all of a player's gold to whatever the average amount was for that part of the game that they're in? Surely you found that out in all of the QA and playtesting you did. I mean, item stacking in your character's inventory in an action-RPG is such a creative use of game mechanics that only the most savvy of players would discover how to exploit it.

/s

BTW, the Bane of Tyranny (Siegebreaker) node in the third ring has a typo in the UI and/or the code that results in massive damage. The previous nodes only give .5. Hope you don't get banned for taking advantage of it.

"Damage is increased by +50 multiplied by your equipped Shield's Block Chance"

nicoga3000

Oct 25, 2017
I really want to love that game... I really do... But they are starting to make it more and more difficult...

I might just go back to Grim Dawn or finally try to learn how to play POE....

Pick a league starter build guide and go have a ball. PoE is thick, but a good build guide will make your life much easier and the game more fun.

Dog of Bork

Oct 25, 2017
Texas
I plan to play PoE for another league before trying this game again, at this point. The next league is pretty close and will keep me occupied for a month, by which time most of these issues should be ironed out.

fulltimepanda

Oct 28, 2017
yeah the game is basically a paid beta at this point. Server issues a plenty, loads of weird quirky bits that it seems they just haven't gotten around to fixing. This shows plenty of promise with support for a wide variety of builds. But I'll probably get to the end of the campaign and it'll be back to PoE for the next league I think. As much as I'd like to play this through multiple times with mates online at the moment is just too unreliable.

Deleted member 34714

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 28, 2017
This was posted this morning on the announcements channel on the Wolcen Discord:

No idea what "sanctions" are going to be, but after the server issues, as well as the game basically launching as a paid beta with a ton of bugs--including loss of progress--perhaps announcing that you intend on punishing your player base isn't the best idea?

Hey Wolcen team, you've got the metrics for this, right? Instead of sanctions, why not just roll all of a player's gold to whatever the average amount was for that part of the game that they're in? Surely you found that out in all of the QA and playtesting you did. I mean, item stacking in your character's inventory in an action-RPG is such a creative use of game mechanics that only the most savvy of players would discover how to exploit it.

/s

BTW, the Bane of Tyranny (Siegebreaker) node in the third ring has a typo in the UI and/or the code that results in massive damage. The previous nodes only give .5. Hope you don't get banned for taking advantage of it.

Taking actions is the wrong thing to do from Wolcen devs considering like half the nodes don't work or are unbalanced because of a likely typo.

I started a caster and went all in on afflictions, so Wisdom but also there is a node that takes crit factor into afflictions but guess what? Broken. Doesn't work.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
Taking actions is the wrong thing to do from Wolcen devs considering like half the nodes don't work or are unbalanced because of a likely typo.

I started a caster and went all in on afflictions, so Wisdom but also there is a node that takes crit factor into afflictions but guess what? Broken. Doesn't work.

yes it does, my dots crit all the time. Your point stands tho there are plenty of bugged nodes.

DrewFu

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Apr 19, 2018
every piece of gear you pick up is saved, theres a fuckload of dyes to collect, each piece of gear has 2+, usually 3+ parts to color individually, there are no class restrictions you can mog whatever you want (except weapons into other weapons), and when you mog, you are actually mogging the character itself not the gear you are currently wearing, so even if you replace a piece you still have the mogged look (until you change it again of course)

Go back a few pages and youll see several people posting pictures of their characters, here's some of mine
Thanks

DrewFu

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Apr 19, 2018
It may be a minor complaint, but I really wish that there was a sheath and idle weapon placement (like a 2h resting on your shoulder when not in combat).

Deleted member 1594

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My hammer is pretty good, mows down mobs like bowling pins, but it doesn't do THAT kind of damage. Care to share the secret?
I think something in the game is broken. This honestly wouldn't surprise me. I'm using these 2 modifiers. The 2nd one is amazing for single target damage if you recall it when it's on top of that enemy. 1st modifier somehow results in this crit chance....

n4aPFoS.png

Last edited:

Jag

Oct 26, 2017
I think something in the game is broken. This honestly wouldn't surprise me. I'm using these 2 modifiers. The 2nd one is amazing for single target damage if you recall it when it's on top of that enemy. 1st modifier somehow results in this crit chance....

n4aPFoS.png

My Flight of Gaavanir is at 33. That's a 35 level skill modifier so let's see what happens. Thanks.

Edit: Bought the level with points. Got me from 11% to 78%. I'll take it!

And BTW, I love the skill anyway. Feel like Thor.

Another tip I found. I bought both my unique rings from dungeon vendors. Make sure you click on each tab section on them.

Last edited:

ConfusedOwl

Oct 27, 2017
Canada

/s

That gold duping bug has also been in the game since EA as well I think? So that makes it worse. Punishing people for using a bug that's been in the game literally for years unfixed. Also still nothing about fixing all of the game breaking bugs. Are they trying to alienate there whole playerbase?

Mudo

Oct 25, 2017
Tennessee
I played 3 more hours today.
At 10 hours total, I'm sorta not having fun I guess?

—I keep pressing skill buttons and they just do nothing (and I had full rage). Been happening all day. Sometimes I use bleeding edge in the middle of a group and seconds later it activates.

—delays opening my inventory has been happening today. Or sometimes it just won't open until I zone somewhere

—The Loot is honestly boring so far. Passives on skills are fun and varied but loot...I'm not feeling it.

—Quest windows popping up while enemies are around so you either die trying to select a reward or run around trying to get out of that window so you can actually attack.

—levels have been mostly corridors which is a bummer. Maybe there are bigger open areas later but it reminds me of FF13 in away.

The graphics and music are ace though. There is obviously a lot of potential here but Wolcen needs sone time to get patched up. It feels like an unfinished beta to me, and I'm feeling a little burned dropping 40 bucks on it.

I'm going to take a break and wait for some patches. I hope things get smoother out sooner rather than later! But I am in the mood for a game like this now though so, I may play Grim Dawn or Torchlight 2 for awhile.

fulltimepanda

Oct 28, 2017
That gold duping bug has also been in the game since EA as well I think? So that makes it worse. Punishing people for using a bug that's been in the game literally for years unfixed. Also still nothing about fixing all of the game breaking bugs. Are they trying to alienate there whole playerbase?

Rather than actively alienating, these guys are simply too small of a studio for how much this game blew up. 2 years ago they posted a Meet the team on their official forums, they had 13 on the team then, I can't imagine it's grown much since. They simply don't have the capacity to be handling all the issues that are coming in.

zektbach

Oct 28, 2017
Think my main problem at this point is that I've decided to respec myself and try out a new build... only to discover it's absolutely crap and struggles with the end-game, and the amount of effort it'll take to grind my way through many many many deaths just isn't worth it. Going to pick this up once they've figured things out. Better loot and a more adaptive end-game would go a long way. Still loved my time with it over the past few weeks though.

Santini

Oct 25, 2017
Rather than actively alienating, these guys are simply too small of a studio for how much this game blew up. 2 years ago they posted a Meet the team on their official forums, they had 13 on the team then, I can't imagine it's grown much since. They simply don't have the capacity to be handling all the issues that are coming in.
I beat the campaign in offline mode this morning and ended up watching the credits. There are close to 50 people on the Wolcen team now, including admin and operations, but not including external teams that were listed.

So sure, some of those folks may not be actively doing anything hands-on in regards to the inner-game workings, but they've certainly grown past the "small dev team of 13" statement that keeps on getting bandied about.

The gold dupe bug was in the game before launch, wasn't fixed for launch, and now you have their community manager mentioning sanctions being taken against their player base that dared to use it, knowingly or not. The intent behind that shortsighted call might not have been to actively alienate, but it sure as hell comes off like it.

Instead of just issuing a statement that focuses on how they're actively working on improving things that have negatively impacted the player's experience to date thus far (please understand), they also release an ominous statement via an official channel, that some action will be taken against their players.

PR 101 would probably teach, in the wake of a near-disastrous game launch, that talking about player sanctions in regards to a known bug you didn't fix probably isn't a good idea if you're intent on maintaining and growing your player base.

I've got 29+ hours in the game and was planning to stick around for endgame but would want to refund it and move on if they're going to follow through their game launch with shortsighted, player-unfriendly shit.

Like many, I've run into some hilarious game-breaking/restarting bugs, like losing my potions from the hotbar. However, my favorite one so far has to be the last act boss being immobile, yet invincible during the final phase of the boss fight. The fix was to restart the entire battle, skip all of the cutscenes, and then actively don't move your character for a second or so until the boss itself moves after skipping the cutscene before that phase of the fight. If your character build was a gimped one due to investing in broken nodes and skills, and it took you some time to get to that phase and the bug happened, that's gotta suck.

NoWayOut

Oct 27, 2017
Acer Predator G3-571 laptop
i7-7700HQ @ 2.8GHz
16GB RAM
GeForce GTX 1060
Game was installed on a SSD drive

1080p on medium settings and the game was almost unplayable if a bunch of enemies showed up. Dropping it down to low settings & it was playable but still jerky at times.
Could be just that my laptop is on its way out (it has overheating issues on high-intensity games, requiring me to point a fan on it). Path of Exile runs a lot better though (and doesn't overheat the laptop, although it gets hot) as long as the server isn't having problems.

Anyway, I got a refund & if they keep patching & improving it, I might give it another shot down the road when I have a better laptop. It's not that it's terrible game, it's just that there's a lot of competition in this genre and it doesn't feel different enough from existing games I like (Path of Exile & Grim Dawn) for me to put up with the jank. But I think there's potential to make an awesome game if they keep working on it like the PoE devs did. And goodness knows they're getting enough money (it's currently in the Top 10 most played on Steam) that they could ramp things up with a bigger team.

Wow, that's not a weak system and while the game looks better than D3 and POE, the visuals are nothing revolutionary. I guess I will wait a bit longer before jumping in.

Oct 29, 2017
It works, but it sometimes bugs, to fix rotate your tree and rotate back. Btw passive is not that great in end game.
Ah I see, yea I just wanted to try it to see how it would be. Either way I think I'm done with the game, the further I progress through expeditions (about halfway through champion tier now) the more crashes I get. I'm at the point now that I've tried completing the same expedition level 4 times and 3/4 times I crashed in the first dungeon and the remaining time was on the second dungeon. There's just no point in playing when it happens that often.

werezompire

Zeboyd Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
4 days after launch, the game is currently the 3rd most played game on Steam right now (after Counter-Strike & DOTA) and in the Top 10 for Daily Peak with a concurrent peak of over 100k players. It's obvious that they're getting absolutely swamped with new players at the moment to an extent that a small indie dev would find difficult to cope with.

25k user reviews already. Hard to directly connect user review count to a firm sales count, but it's clear that it's selling a ton & quickly. Wouldn't be surprised if this ends up being a million seller in its first month.

On the plus side, they're most likely making a ton of money right now for a relatively small studio so hopefully they spend some of that money to staff up. They clearly hit a gold mine in providing a game that people wanted so it's just a matter of fixing & polishing things up before players & potential players give up on them.

I also wouldn't be surprised if a bigger publisher sees what's happening and tries to become their publisher or buy them out.

Wow, that's not a weak system and while the game looks better than D3 and POE, the visuals are nothing revolutionary. I guess I will wait a bit longer before jumping in.

It's possible there might have been some sort of bug or setting issue that have been messing up the performance or a problem with my computer, but I refunded the game already. I guess it's also possible the game might have been using my secondary low-power default GPU instead of the good one, but I think if it did that, the game wouldn't run at all since even PoE turned into a low-res slideshow when it bugged out and used that.

DvdGzz

Banned
Mar 21, 2018
I have a problem I'm such a slut for ARPGs that have great feeling combat and good loot. It's why I've played D3 for thousands of hours. This game is crack! Love it despite some issues. I've only ran into one glitch that stopped me and all I had to do was port to town and back and I was good.

Vamphuntr

Oct 25, 2017
The online multiplayer is hilariously broken. I got a boss stuck in T pose sliding around and bumping Ys style into players with no AoE indicators because it was glitched. Trading seems to work at random. Both players need to spam the button and accept until the game decides for it to register. You can't drop items on the ground to give to others because what you drop is also instanced which make giving items even more annoying. Joining a game is kind of really difficult because it either won't let you play once you are connected to someone or it simply won't connect.

EDIT : It's also much, much behind games like PoE for QoL stuff. You cannot invite someone already in another game. You cannot link items in chat for other people in your group to see. You cannot easily see how your dps changes with all your buffs on like in PoE.

Last edited:

DvdGzz

Banned
Mar 21, 2018

My system is weaker and I play at 1440p and 60fps with everything on max settings. His laptop must be on it's last legs.

EDIT : It's also much, much behind games like PoE for QoL stuff. You cannot invite someone already in another game. You cannot link items in chat for other people in your group to see. You cannot easily see how your dps changes with all your buffs on like in PoE.

Good thing it makes up for it with way better gameplay. PoE feels like early 00s jank. I hope PoE2 gets a big upgrade there.

Magneto

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Lmao @ the final boss of the 1rst act.

I had a hard time on the second phase and i was like YEAH I WON... and there's a third phase ahahahhAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH time to respec, can't do shit with my mage build :'(