• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Tangyn

Oct 29, 2017
So I adore path of exile diablo arpgs in general, any reason I SHOULDN'T get this? I have far much to play already and kinda forgot entirely that this existed

diablogg

Oct 31, 2017
of course early access would feel unfinished...

Unfinished is the wrong word, I tried this when it was still trying to be open world, unsure exactly when that was, all I know is, it just all kind of felt like a bad idea at the time.

Excited that they seemed to have turned this around, will play after launch.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
So I adore path of exile diablo arpgs in general, any reason I SHOULDN'T get this? I have far much to play already and kinda forgot entirely that this existed

no. I have them all, I usually like them all (what can I say, im a fanboy for the genre) and I loved what I played of this in EA (only Act 1), its gorgeous, the combat is super meaty, the skill system is interesting (think D3 runes except you can have multiple per skill instead of just 1), and have I said the combat is super meaty? even the spell casting feels meaty.

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
that's alot of points to dock for the least important part of these games, the story mode >_>
Yeah, especially since the devs said that the story is just the tutorial part of the game.

Unfinished is the wrong word, I tried this when it was still trying to be open world, unsure exactly when that was, all I know is, it just all kind of felt like a bad idea at the time.

Excited that they seemed to have turned this around, will play after launch.
They more or less redesigned the game entirely somewhere in 2018. A lot has changed since then.

Altairre

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, especially since the devs said that the story is just the tutorial part of the game.
To clarify this, they didn't just dock those points because of issues with the story but also because they ran into crashes, audio issues, broken AI and bugs that caused mobs/bosses/terrain to not spawn correctly which could only be fixed by a restart. There has been an update to this test that mentions that the PR team has since responded by saying that it's the wrong build, even though it was marked as review code with an embargo for the 12th. So maybe it will just end up being a fuck up by said team and the release build won't have any of those issues.

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
To clarify this, they didn't just dock those points because of issues with the story but also because they ran into crashes, audio issues, broken AI and bugs that caused mobs/bosses/terrain to not spawn correctly which could only be fixed by a restart. There has been an update to this test that mentions that the PR team has since responded by saying that it's the wrong build, even though it was marked as review code with an embargo for the 12th. So maybe it will just end up being a fuck up by said team and the release build won't have any of those issues.
I see.

That certainly doesn't sound good, and I feel like I've heard that kind of excuse before. Hopefully that really is the case.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
finished the beta RIP. Playing as a archer dude was a lot more fun than I expected (still going summoner on live tho)

Oct 26, 2017

All I can say is that playing through and finishing the early access I ran into some bugs but none of them were game breaking or required restarts.

Duebrithil

Oct 25, 2017
This is looking pretty interesting, but I'm a bit on the fence (due to time constraints mostly). Any word if will get more reviews before the EA pricing period ends?

Jinaar

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Edmonton AB
That launch trailer was dope. I need to finish Children of Morta first and then get into this. The diversity in the class/weapon builds looks great!

Kolya

Jan 26, 2018
Is there a lot of scope/scalability to endgame difficulty? I don't see higher difficulty mentioned explicitly but maybe there are? Basically can the numbers get really big and can it get difficult?

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
Is there a lot of scope/scalability to endgame difficulty? I don't see higher difficulty mentioned explicitly but maybe there are? Basically can the numbers get really big and can it get difficult?

endgame wasnt in the beta but the 1.0 patch notes mention "story difficulty" and "normal difficulty", endgame modes are only available in "normal" (and they only open up after you beat the story.

Kolya

Jan 26, 2018
endgame wasnt in the beta but the 1.0 patch notes mention "story difficulty" and "normal difficulty", endgame modes are only available in "normal" (and they only open up after you beat the story.

Hmm... so nobody knows? I'll have to wait and see. I want something meaty to stick my teeth into.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
not to judge anyone's spending habits, but the game is raising its price when it goes live. Going either 40 or 45 im not sure. If it looks like something you enjoy, especially if you know the genre, you can get it discounted on humble right now.

Seems like a no brainer to me, I mean, if it goes to 45, you will be waiting a long time for a sale to hit those 24 or whatever it is on humble. Just sayin. you do you.

Kolya

Jan 26, 2018
Welp because of this thread I went and purchased it. I love ARPGs, so this really shot up on my radar

My finger is hovering over the purchase button. Considering I hadn't even HEARD of this before this thread, it's a surprise to be sure, but a welcome one.

not to judge anyone's spending habits, but the game is raising its price when it goes live. Going either 40 or 45 im not sure. If it looks like something you enjoy, especially if you know the genre, you can get it discounted on humble right now.

Seems like a no brainer to me, I mean, if it goes to 45, you will be waiting a long time for a sale to hit those 24 or whatever it is on humble. Just sayin. you do you.

Too true. I'm pretending I won't get it until I know the details but I'm totally getting it.

Deleted member 203

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
no. I have them all, I usually like them all (what can I say, im a fanboy for the genre) and I loved what I played of this in EA (only Act 1), its gorgeous, the combat is super meaty, the skill system is interesting (think D3 runes except you can have multiple per skill instead of just 1), and have I said the combat is super meaty? even the spell casting feels meaty.
but is it as good as Marvel Heroes?

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
but is it as good as Marvel Heroes?

No but you know full well no game will ever be as good as the GOAT.

tenor.gif

Ashodin

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Durham, NC
My finger is hovering over the purchase button. Considering I hadn't even HEARD of this before this thread, it's a surprise to be sure, but a welcome one.

Too true. I'm pretending I won't get it until I know the details but I'm totally getting it.
I think the draw was mainly the price is gonna double tomorrow so I'd rather not pay that

Jag

Oct 26, 2017
Welp because of this thread I went and purchased it. I love ARPGs, so this really shot up on my radar

Bought as well. Think the price is going up on launch tomorrow. I don't love ARPGs as much as traditional CRPGs, but I do enjoy ones that are interesting and well done.

Hassansan

Oct 27, 2017
One of the first games I've ever backed.

I hate playing non-pvp games on EA so this game was sitting on my library staring back at me and tormenting me, not too long now ..

Nekrono

May 17, 2018
I'm interested but would like to hear some impressions/reviews first before buying.

Anyone knows if it supports Ultrawide?

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
I can hear these gifs.

funny you say that as the sound effects are probably the best thing about the game. That might sound like a bad thing, but it's really not, it's why everything feels so... well, meaty.

Also, fucked around with some melee skills just now after doing mostly ranged archer stuff (im saving caster stuff for live) and yup, sure feels meaty lol. Lot's of leaps, lots of chains and aoes and shouts, pretty much all the barbarian-y stuff you would want.

B00T

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Wow, this looks super cool. How much is the price going up after release? Don't think I can swing this right now but I'm really interested.

Quick edit: double checked the OT, up to 50% huh. Damn.

arts&crafts

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
I was watching a stream last night and this game looks identical to Diablo 3 visually. The combat looks pretty weighty and fun though so I may give it a shot.