• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

SalvaPot

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
She is the first person caught, we don't know if they have had pulled of this scheme successfully before.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
Imagine going home from your job at the bank and saying you saw a dead body at work today.

Foffy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What was the plan here? Get one final thing from the man hours after he died?

bitcloudrzr

May 31, 2018
oa94n7czbkp81.png

Mar 15, 2019
Brazil
didn't see the thread before, but whew, shit's crazy out here in Rio 😭

i have no idea what i'd do if i worked at the bank, but it would probably get me fired

Crayolan

Oct 25, 2017
The recency of the death makes me wonder if the guy was actually planning to sign the loan for her but died just before it was gonna happen.

AgeEighty

Oct 25, 2017
At my work sometimes I have to take photographs for IDs for deputy Sheriff's. It's basically an honorary thing here in MA vs an actual law enforcement thing.

One day, when I go to take the ID, there's this really familiar looking guy waiting and I can't place him. I'm wondering if he used to work for us. I'm wondering if he had volunteered to help out with hurricane Katrina victims, because I spent a whole day photographing people for IDs for that.

He points at himself and goes 'Weekend at Bernies'.

I shall never forget his face again.

That's almost as good as the fact that one of the two kids who got in trouble for trolling everyone with a cardboard shark fin in Jaws is now the sheriff of Oak Bluffs.

JJD

Oct 25, 2017
Kinda feel bad about the woman to be honest.

Not only it has come to light that she suffers from multiple psychological issues, the uber driver that took them to the bank has testified that the old man was alive when he got into the car.

A second man that helped the old man to get into the car also testified that he was alive, but he was a friend of the family.

It should be fairly easy for the police to find out if the uber driver was known to the family or not.

Necropsy was unconclusive and couldn't say the time of death.

Seems like there is a possibility that she could be telling the truth.

Garp TXB

Apr 1, 2020
Amateur! You're supposed to use long sleeves, preferably a coat jacket and extra large gloves. In one glove you fashion a rigid exoskeleton attached to the hand with duct tape in the shape of a signing hand. Make sure there's enough pressure between the fingers to insert a pen. Then, cut a small elbow in the sleeve with a stick that goes through and attaches to your hand exoskeleton. Then secretly puppeteer the hand from behind the corpse to sign the papers. It will be a little sloppy, but they don't care.

My lord, fraudsters these days... so lazy

EntelechyFuff

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Nov 19, 2019
Kinda feel bad about the woman to be honest.

Not only it has come to light that she suffers from multiple psychological issues, the uber driver that took them to the bank has testified that the old man was alive when he got into the car.

A second man that helped the old man to get into the car also testified that he was alive, but he was a friend of the family.

It should be fairly easy for the police to find out if the uber driver was known to the family or not.

Seems like there is a possibility that she could be telling the truth.
I think even if the uber driver didn't know the family, do you want to be the uber driver who admitted to putting a corpse in their car? I'm sure there are rules about that kind of thing.

Even if you recognized it after the fact, I can see why someone who would like to keep ubering would just say "yeah, he was totes alive and super chill we talked about the old days and stuff".

mantidor

Oct 25, 2017
The recency of the death makes me wonder if the guy was actually planning to sign the loan for her but died just before it was gonna happen.

It's what she claims.

Amateur! You're supposed to use long sleeves, preferably a coat jacket and extra large gloves.

This would have been very suspicious with the weather in Rio de Janeiro lol

I read the evidence points out he died laying down, not sitting.

I held the hand of my grandmother when she died, it was just a few hours later and still you can feel its unnaturally cold, it was very eerie, I am no forensic expert but her story is really dubious to say the least. You just know a dead body is a dead body, it's very difficult to mistake it.

Last edited:

Melody Shreds

Oct 25, 2017
Terminal Dogma