Oct 27, 2017
and its glorious.

D8MGmcPU8AI_SZt.jpg

D8MGlZuUEAEbyJF.png

VHS

Alt account
Banned
May 8, 2019
Liked Aquaman and Shazam quite a bit. Let's see if the trend continues (I don't consider Joker's success relevant to the DCEU, doesn't seem connected in anyway).

Nakenorm

"This guy are sick"
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
That looks really cool! Hopefully the same can be said about the film as - even if I enjoyed it - the first one had its problems.

Bus-TEE

Banned
Nov 20, 2017
I 'bet' that WB will have loads of covers of 80's pop classics as part of the soundtrack, really lean into the eighties vibe.

It gonna be goooood.

Deleted member 26156

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
It... just looks like her in front of "WW84"? Not sure what's so amazing about it. Its pretty boring.

Regardless, I have high hopes for the movie itself. The first one was pretty great, well above any other DC movie this decade.

GeoGonzo

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Madrid, Spain
"Glorious" seems like a really strong word for a poster that doesn't really show much, but sure, this is a poster for that WW sequel, alright.

Oct 29, 2017
Loving the look of the promo material for this film. Hopefully this is great, the first film was really fantastic but fell to shit in the final third and steered away from a clever and interesting ending that would have probably cemented it as one of the best superhero films.

Peru

Oct 26, 2017
Loving the look of the promo material for this film. Hopefully this is great, the first film was really fantastic but fell to shit in the final third and steered away from a clever and interesting ending that would have probably cemented it as one of the best superhero films.

Ending was great though. I mean the actual fight mechanics were just standard CGI stuff, but the implications of WW confronting her ideal image of mankind, the fact that she couldn't blame it all on some God of war, that there's good and bad in man, Chris Pine's mission going on at the same time. Emotional and meaningful to the larger arc of the movie.

Black_Stride

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Wish it was pink neon, but that is sweet

It NOT being Pink/Purple Neon is what makes it great actually.
Do you really need that "this is the 80s wooo" reinforcement everywhere.
The colors are fine, and judging from all the logo schemes and leaked screenshots im guessing they wont go too HAM with the this is the 80s colors....music and general look should be enough to reinforce the era.

Oct 29, 2017
Ending was great though. I mean the actual fight mechanics were just standard CGI stuff, but the implications of WW confronting her ideal image of mankind, the fact that she couldn't blame it all on some God of war, that there's good and bad in man, Chris Pine's mission going on at the same time. Emotional and meaningful to the larger arc of the movie.
What? This is the opposite of what happens. She thinks she's found Ares, kills him and looks around to see that men are still making bombs and trying to kill each other.

What actually happens is that Ares is a British dude, has a big CGI battle with her, Chris Pine sacrifices himself (which was a good bit) and then everyone is okay again because Ares is defeated.

The movie should have ended or at least come close to ending when she killed the German dude and nothing changed, could still do the Chris Pine sacrifice and it would explain why she fobbed mankind off between then and BVS.

I felt it was a copout to then have Ares and for it to be all good once he was defeated.

Laserdisk

Banned
May 11, 2018
UK
It NOT being Pink/Purple Neon is what makes it great actually.
Do you really need that "this is the 80s wooo" reinforcement everywhere.
The colors are fine, and judging from all the logo schemes and leaked screenshots im guessing they wont go too HAM with the this is the 80s colors....music and general look should be enough to reinforce the era.
I like pink neon, was not commenting on it not being "80's enough"
It would also wind up the women haters on the net, so that would be a bonus.

Trickster

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yep, that's Wonder Woman in front of some letters and numbers alright. Truly amazing stuff right there

jvm

Oct 27, 2017
Wonder Woman has some really sharp knees.

And I gotta tell you, they're looking wonderful! 😮

Cannot wait!

Simba

Nov 25, 2017
Is Cheetah still the villain in this?

I wonder if they will make her an anthropomorphic cheetah... I seriously doubt they'll go for the kitty pj's.

Deleted member 8579

Oct 26, 2017
I like the font but she looks no different than the first film so yeah, what's the hype?

Oct 26, 2017
Sweden
I mean to each their own? It just rubbed me the wrong way that we couldn't have the first proper female lead, decent superhero film without her getting all gooey over a dude
The romance was one of the best parts imo. Really well done and humanized her a lot. As Patty Jenkins has said, a sex positive proper female lead is not an issue at all. It rather gets annoying when so much media recently thinks a strong woman who needs no love and is basically asexual is the only way to create a powerful female character.

That's not the part that needed fixing. Just write them and their relationships well and don't make them be dependent on the dude to save or manipulate them and it's all good.

Dec 5, 2018
Bethesda, North Wales
The romance was one of the best parts imo. Really well done and humanized her a lot. As Patty Jenkins has said, a sex positive proper female lead is not an issue at all. It rather gets annoying when so much media recently thinks a strong woman who needs no love and is basically asexual is the only way to create a powerful female character.

That's not the part that needed fixing. Just write them and their relationships well and don't make them be dependent on the dude to save or manipulate them and it's all good.

Fair enough, I just hated it, I really hated it and it made me actively dislike the film. It's probably a me fault rather than a film fault

Flygon

Oct 28, 2017
I love that logo - a lot of people forget how a lot of 80s era materials really looked.
Turns out they often looked rather, well... 70s.
The inter-decade aesthetic lag is real.

admataY

Oct 25, 2017
Seeing how Pikachu and Godzilla under-preformed im sure WB is kicking themselves for delaying this movie for an entire year .