stopmrdomino

Jun 25, 2023
github.com

GitHub - Lyall/WOFFFix: A fix for World of Final Fantasy that adds support for custom resolutions, ultrawide and more.

A fix for World of Final Fantasy that adds support for custom resolutions, ultrawide and more. - Lyall/WOFFFix

43ndGtn.gif

• Custom resolution support.
  • Ultrawide/narrow aspect ratio support.
  • Correct FOV at any aspect ratio.
  • Centred 16:9 HUD.
  • Borderless fullscreen.
  • Hide mouse cursor.
  • (EXPERIMENTAL) Remove 30fps and allow dynamic game speed.

this fuckin rules. nearly 7 years after the PC port dropped and we finally have a proper set of fixes

impressions from someone on reddit using this on steam deck:
I'm currently playing at 60 FPS, and it's perfect. Fast loading times and the cutscenes are not too accelerated and always synchronized with the lips. The only thing that is too fast is the menu navigation. The only other thing I've noticed is that when the HUD is fixed to 16:9, map fragments pop up at the edge of the screen. That's obvious, because the developers only developed the game for 16:9. But the HUD can be enlarged to the edge of the screen in config so that this visual interference does not occur.

looking forward to finally having a reason to pick this up on pc. goes on sale on steam basically every month for 60% off

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
wow the FFXIII ports might actually get unfucked.
They've been unfucked for a long time:

github.com

GitHub - rebtd7/FF13Fix: Performance and bug fixes for the PC versions of FF13 and FF13-2

Performance and bug fixes for the PC versions of FF13 and FF13-2 - rebtd7/FF13Fix

Anything to the-remove the-the from the script?
Yeahhhh, this is what turns me off, not the game's visuals. Some really annoying Mieu-style shit going on with that character.

Oct 26, 2017
The Switch version is still fucked from the audio balance issue where background audio like grunts in cutscenes get so loud they obscure the actual dialogue. How did this only happen on Switch, of all versions, and NEVER get fixed?! :'(

Secret Bambino

▲ Legend ▲
Mar 21, 2021
Lyall keeps doing the lord's work. Their P3R fix was a godsend for my Steam Deck – no more 16:9 black bars.

Neutron

Jun 2, 2022
There was such a cute game here, with such a good battle system.

Makes me sad that it was (I think?) a flop. I suppose the little Super-Deformed characters didn't help with the broad audience - was the intention for them to be like little 8-bit characters in 3D?

Lemony1984

Jul 7, 2020
Missing a fix to remove that chapter where you just walk along the bridge in a straight line for an hour.