• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

patapon

Banned
Dec 7, 2017
https://venturebeat.com/2018/08/01/...ck-and-white-retro-rpg-for-switch-ps4-and-pc/

Panstasz, a one-person game studio based in Poland, has revealed World of Horror, a Lovecraftian role-playing game coming out for PlayStation 4, Switch, and PC in 2019.

"The Old Gods are reawakening, clawing their way back into a world that's spiraling into a mysterious madness," Panstasz explains in a press release sent to GamesBeat. "In a small, seaside town of Japan, the population's sanity is dwindling and otherworldly, grotesque creatures terrorize those who call the place home. It's the end of the world and the only solution is to confront the terror reigning over the apocalypse."

We've seen a lot of games set in Japan. We also have plenty of Lovecraftian games. Combining the two could make for an interesting experience. The RPG will feature five playable characters with branching storylines. The game has a retro black-and-white look that stands out from other pixelated retro games.

Dernhelm

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Already intrigued. The more RPGs on the Switch, the better, especially more creative looking ones like this.

D4rth Man7iz

Mar 30, 2018
Very interesting games are being made in Poland. I didn't know about this one until now. Looks eerie and deep.

LavaBadger

Nov 14, 2017
I like the art style. Not sure how it's going to be an RPG based on that though.

I'm intrigued nonetheless.

Jan 9, 2018

CJCW?

Oct 27, 2017
Oh yeah, I've had the demo for this sitting on my desktop for a while. Should probably give it a shot soon. Dropping Ito as an influence is a good way to get my attention. Hope it lives up to that level of creepiness.

LavaBadger

Nov 14, 2017
For folks who have played the demo, what are the RPG elements? If this is more like a wander around puzzle game, or VN, or like a point-and-click adventure game, I'm decidedly less interested.

Bulbul

Nov 20, 2017
I was browsing the Twitter of this game to see some images and found this:

IMG.jpg

Wasn't interested before, but now a day 1 purchase, such a particular taste for a car.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
T̴̡̙̮͕̩͎͔̺̰̙̟̤̳̥̻̻̏̅͛̏͗͛̇͛̚͠H̸̺̉͒̀̈̂͑̀͂͂͝͝͝Ȩ̷̭̞̘͍̩̯̍͒͒̿̆͠ ̴̧̨̣͈̙͔̗̙̯̱̤̫̥͍̓́ͅỚ̴̢͙̗̤̼̦̯̦͒̈̏̄͑̒̆͊̅́̊̐L̸̛̻͌͒̔̌̊̈́̋̉̏̿̌͊̔̐̉̕D̶͙͉̭̳̮͚̝͎͍̪͓̟̥̝͊͆̇̊̌̌͋͆̈̑̓ ̷̢̢̧̢̡̣͇͈̰̺͍̺̭̦̗̞̖͛͒̀̀͗̾̕G̷̡̨̰̤̯̖̭̜̯̥̙̔̐̇̈́̏̒͒͗͊̀̀̈̄̌̈͘͝O̴̳͓͓͔͉̳̺̿͊̂̐͑́̎̈́̀̋̄̆͐̓͠͝D̵̖̏̑̋̄̏̾̇̏̈́͝ ̸̧̛̙̞͈̞̟̙̝̼̗̫̺̤̰̹͙̏̏̈́̿́̾́̃Ş̶̮̘̉̉̇͜͠T̴̨̆̍̃Í̸̡̨̛̹̥̩̬̺̩̎̇͌̂̅͗́̽͗̍̋̈̂R̷̡̩͕̜͓̈̍͂̓̉̓̅̑̅͝S̸̛͖̝̞̞̈́͑̈̇̍͆̔̋̃̇͑͘͝

reviving this thread. there's been a shitton of updates and this is good enough rather than make a new thread

and a demo

panstasz.itch.io

WORLD OF HORROR by panstasz

1bit adventure game of cosmic horror inspired by the work of Junji Ito