• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

f0rk

Oct 25, 2017
Sadly I would agree with Pack Leader's rank and that was the one I was looking forward to most. It does not evoke the feel of a pack leader at all. Thematically I was thinking more like a permanent extra pet so you could benefit from 2 pet specializations at a time. Gives Survival an option for 2 pets, and BM could have 3 in combination with the existing talent.
At least having it announced earlier means more chance they'll rework it. As a Shaman I'm really worried given how much of a miss the first one is.

stopmrdomino

Jun 25, 2023
i'm very curious at how evoker will feel to play starting at a low level. their toolkit is very synergistic and i'm having trouble envisioning how they'll even dole it out and expect you to perform at any given level.

it'll probably be fine since raw numbers can make up for most of that difference, but it's probably gonna feel real weird
a9v8v8bqy2uc1.jpeg

you can make level 10 evokers on the MoPR PTR, they have most of their core abilities at level 10

Hixx

Oct 25, 2017
Beta signups are live.

thewarwithin.blizzard.com

World of Warcraft®: The War Within™

Journey through never-before-seen subterranean worlds filled with hidden wonders and lurking perils, down to the dark depths of the nerubian empire, where the malicious Harbinger of the Void is gathering arachnid forces to bring Azeroth to its knees.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
Beta signups are live.

thewarwithin.blizzard.com

World of Warcraft®: The War Within™

Journey through never-before-seen subterranean worlds filled with hidden wonders and lurking perils, down to the dark depths of the nerubian empire, where the malicious Harbinger of the Void is gathering arachnid forces to bring Azeroth to its knees.

you just reminded me that Ill have beta because of the fancy edition so no need to hope for a invite this time.

Finaj

Oct 25, 2017
Huh. Given they're calling it a "beta" and not an "alpha," I wonder if it's more farther along content wise.

Dandy

Oct 25, 2017
worldofwarcraft.blizzard.com

Take a Dive into Plunderstorm’s Plundersurge! - WoW

The Plunderstorm event is ending on April 30, but until then, pirating players can double the amount of Renown earned from all sources of Plunder by taking the Plundersurge.

Plunderstorm is going away at the end of April, and starting tomorrow after the reset, the rewards will be doubled.

I may actually decide to go for 40 afterall, if every match gives you 500 just for doing the Captain's Orders.

Fosko

Oct 27, 2017
Having doubts about what to play in the panda thing. I kinda want a monk but can't decide between LF draenei and regular draenei... Regular have the new heritage than looks good on monks, but LF has the Pai Mei beard and eyebrows...

Tbm24

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Having doubts about what to play in the panda thing. I kinda want a monk but can't decide between LF draenei and regular draenei... Regular have the new heritage than looks good on monks, but LF has the Pai Mei beard and eyebrows...
Personally, I'd go regular Draenei. You just have more options overall. My lightforged pally was fun for the RP but then I can't turn her skin red so I've been sad about it since. MoP Remix I'm power boosting a Regular Draenei shammy 100%.

Fosko

Oct 27, 2017
Personally, I'd go regular Draenei. You just have more options overall. My lightforged pally was fun for the RP but then I can't turn her skin red so I've been sad about it since. MoP Remix I'm power boosting a Regular Draenei shammy 100%.
Ah yeah I forgot about the eredar skins, good catch. I'm torn on draenei shammies. Lore andtheme wise, dwarves and kul tiran shamans make more sense and are cooler than draenei shamans, but draenei totems are the best.

Tbm24

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ah yeah I forgot about the eredar skins, good catch. I'm torn on draenei shammies. Lore andtheme wise, dwarves and kul tiran shamans make more sense and are cooler than draenei shamans, but draenei totems are the best.
Can't go wrong with Kul Tiran anything tbh. Same way you can't go wrong with a Tauren. I'm making a shaman because my old one is on another realm and I can't be bothered to transfer her over when MoP remix is a good excuse to have a bunch of fun. After it's Vulpera DK time.

Shoichi

Jan 10, 2018
Dived back into normal wow for the first time since a month after the expansion (after coming back from the long break to try out the Plunderstorm event). Mostly because I knew how much of a hassle it would be getting my UI all set up again (and it was a hassle). So much has changed in the game.

Also amazed about the Follower Dungeon thing. Means I don't need to deal with randoms that can't tank, heal or DPS or know mechanics when I'm trying to finish all the quests I didn't mess with while leveling.

Can't wait for the MOP event, Gonna go full alt heavy and take advantage of that EXP cloak they have (my enjoyment of WoW is more about how many max level alts I can get per expansion). Looks fun with all the extra mechanics they are adding to the event.

I'll probably do the same thing I do every pre-expansion to post-expansion ever since I was the last survivor of my rl friend guild still coming back to the game. Play through all the special events they have, play a month or two of the expansion while powerleveling a main I decide on, see how much gold I can make selling bags and items on the AH, quit till the next one.

Last edited:

Hixx

Oct 25, 2017
Sometimes the AI in the follower dungeons is extremely bad, especially on bosses. Actually used it today to run through Azure Vaults on my evoker and let the AI tank lead the way... second boss they stormed into the room and pulled the boss first and ended up with 3 patrolling groups joining so a wipe.

Third boss, never moved the boss. Luckily it's normal so the damage from the ice pools is irrelevant but you know... for something that can be used to teach people how to play the dungeons, stuff like that doesn't really help anyone.

Hopefully it's better for TWW dungeons.

Tbm24

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Q10YHip.png

god damn i don't think i've ever seen the charts this close
Dragonflight is such a wild expansion. It's genuinely unbelievable how it's all turned out and it continues to have more in store. What a wild damn ride.

The A plot may not have been what everyone wanted or whatever but god damn it's give this team the opportunity to get everything in order for the World Soul Saga.

Other than just the sheer anticipation for Legion, I can't think of a more exciting time for this game since WoTLK.

Strafer

The Flagpole is Wider
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
Did the first couple of quests in Pandaria, this seems like a cool bit of DLC.

I really love pandaria so its going to be nice to get back.

Hope we can unlock heritage armor.

Vault

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Im expecting the balance to be a shitshow at the start of War Within with the new hero talents.

canderous

Prophet of Truth
Jun 12, 2020
So it sounds like the alpha will go up tomorrow. Streamers and journalists at some kind of in-person event right now.

Probably another 6 weeks or so before beta if Dragonflight is anything to go by.

Firewithin

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Orange County
looks like plunderstorm is getting 2x bonus rep until it ends. i may have to give it a try again and see how quickly i can get the rep up. i dont particularly enjoy the game mode in general

Strafer

The Flagpole is Wider
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
Damn, just tamed this beauty.

www.wowhead.com

Sul'raka

Sul'raka is a level 70 Elite NPC that can be found in Emerald Dream. In the Spirit Beast NPCs category. Added in World of Warcraft: Dragonflight.

Rokam

Oct 29, 2017
Welp, LFR hero'd all season and no Legend. Don't think I missed a week... 19 kills. To be expected, but even sadder is no Fyrakk crit trinket.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
Meta syndrome. Overperform a tier > get slammed. It will always happen.

no. it won't always happen.

Holy Paladin was S tier for years. Resto druid is basically always top tier. Disc is always top tier.

It won't "always happen". It happens to certain specs. It happened to Holy Priest in Shadowlands, and it happened to Mistweaver now.

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
no. it won't always happen.

Holy Paladin was S tier for years. Resto druid is basically always top tier. Disc is always top tier.

It won't "always happen". It happens to certain specs. It happened to Holy Priest in Shadowlands, and it happened to Mistweaver now.
Yes I exaggerate a bit, thought that was obvious.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
Yes I exaggerate a bit, thought that was obvious.

the annoying part is, if it was class/spec agnostic, I would be fine with it happening. Like if you dominate a tier, you probably should get nerfed. But it so blatantly only happens to certain specs and not others that it gets old really fast.

f0rk

Oct 25, 2017
So it sounds like the alpha will go up tomorrow. Streamers and journalists at some kind of in-person event right now.

Probably another 6 weeks or so before beta if Dragonflight is anything to go by.
Max just went live with "nothing at all" as his stream title - 5 minutes until a NDA is lifted?

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
Going to finish the season with an Amirdrassil achievement run, most likely. Does anyone have a preferred raid achievement tracker? I suspect what I have is a bit too old now, and there's some which look a little tricky to monitor.

Vault

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
So I'm Guessing Dalaran gets attacked in the pre patch.

That place is like New York in a Marvel movie