• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Strafer

The Flagpole is Wider
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
The comments on mmo and wowhead hurt my brain.

When did the community become so fucking bad. Help me understand.

Once upon a time i could ask for help and not get my damn head eaten.

War within looks hella cool.

Anduin is finally a man.

Alleria is here.

Thrall.

Good times.

carlsojo

Oct 28, 2017
San Francisco
The comments on mmo and wowhead hurt my brain.

When did the community become so fucking bad. Help me understand.

Once upon a time i could ask for help and not get my damn head eaten.

War within looks hella cool.

Anduin is finally a man.

Alleria is here.

Thrall.

Good times.

we just need Sylvanas to come back from time out and all will be right again.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
these season 1 sets look pretty bad this time around imo. need to wait to see priest, lock and mage I guess.

I don't even understand what the Druid theme is, like it looks like a Hunter set.

Dandy

Oct 25, 2017
The customization options for Earthen are really good! My female dwarf main is jealous of all the fun hairstyles her Earthen counterparts have. Female dwarfs have like 2 hairstyles that don't look bad.

hobblygobbly

Oct 25, 2017
NORDFRIESLAND, DEUTSCHLAND
Last edited:

canderous

Prophet of Truth
Jun 12, 2020
I really hope they find an interesting way to reinvigorate ground mounts like they did for flying. They're never going to be as fast and convenient but maybe they could make them more fun.
Off the top of my head:

- Faster cast speed, like 0.5 sec
- Higher baseline speed with a sprint button
- Double/triple jump height

(all in the world, not in instances)

If they did this, I'd frequently use them for world content when I'm just traversing in a small area for a world quest or something, and then use flying mounts to go longer distances.

I do feel strange every time I earn another cool ground mount and just never use it outside of dungeons that support mounts.

FizzMino

Sep 15, 2022
Colorado, USA
I won't lie, as much as I like dragon flying, I do miss exploring zones on foot at times.

The thing I never liked about "no flying" expansions is the stupid meta achievements they would then lock flying behind. Just a silly time waster imo. If they wanted everyone to explore on foot that is fine, but just unlock flying for everyone after like the second raid came out and move on.

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
The weird thing for me is that they've demonstrated with dragon riding a willingness to make mounts interact with content.

The dragon riding talent tree was cool. Being able to knock back enemies, stun and damage them if you landed on them was cool. Getting a boost while collecting mats, etc.

It seems like something they can easily add to ground mounts.

Loxley

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Wait, the questing gear is looking fantastic, what is this.

www.wowhead.com

Outdoor Arathor Armor and Weapon Models in The War Within

Our look at War Within models continues with the Outdoor Arathor weapons and armor sets!

The plate set is legitimately in the running for coolest set for Paladins in the game, it's just stunning. It feels like an unofficial Judgement 2.0.

ZhBVjoO.jpeg

Meanwhile, the actual Paladin tier set is...this :/

ZDhmUPR.jpeg

Hixx

Oct 25, 2017
Paladins should transmog away from that shit the second they equip it.

I can and I WILL.

Shahadan

Oct 27, 2017
I just experienced my first loot Tie at 100
I won the item after a few seconds, but I didn't really understand how the game chose, lmao

The other guy left, pissed

ToTheMoon

Oct 27, 2017
The plate set is legitimately in the running for coolest set for Paladins in the game, it's just stunning. It feels like an unofficial Judgement 2.0.

ZhBVjoO.jpeg

Meanwhile, the actual Paladin tier set is...this :/

ZDhmUPR.jpeg

I feel like I'm weirdly alone in this, but I like this Paladin tier. Not my absolute favorite set ever, but I undoubtedly prefer it to all 3 Dragonflight sets.

Like I wonder how much of the hate for it is the fact that we don't have the helm yet, and WoWHead always chooses to preview everything on the Human Male model. When looking at gear datamines, you always have to cover up the Human face and imagine your own character instead, lol.

Royalan

Oct 24, 2017
Hot take:

I hate, hate, hate winged shoulders. I try to make them work, but....😭

I think it's because shoulders tend to already be bulky...

Dandy

Oct 25, 2017
Thank God for those duelist capes from the trading post - I need more of them in more colors so I don't have to have giant shoulders on my dwarf lady. I was so excited to get her heritage armor but the shoulders are like 50% of her height.

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
i'm absolutely going to play a half-elf human once those ear options go live and dress him into the most sin'dorei outfit i can

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
I just don't know why they look even more haggard than the existing Forsaken, minus the exposed joints. Aren't they supposed to be "fresher" corpses? Or is that exclusive to Calia?
calia is a special case who was raised almost immediately. these are probably the arathi, who've likely been undead for a very, very long time

Moff

Oct 26, 2017
I really hope they make Warband characters available for delves/single player dungeons at some point during the expansion, I really want to smash that content with a full party of my characters

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
Their body shapes are completely different than the Arathi NPCs, though. We know from the Blizzcon reveal they're using the normal human rigs
that doesn't prevent them from having unique features under the masks that we haven't seen yet, or have these creatures be a particular subset of them, either fallen or just especially old. i would bet money on a significant number of the arathor being undead if not the entire faction

Shahadan

Oct 27, 2017
Apparently there is a farm minigame in Hallowfall

Which reminded me that I enjoyed re-doing my MoP farm on a different character sometimes even years later. I wonder how angry some people will be with accountwide everything when some things can't be redone.
I know some weirdos even enjoy grinding reputations again on different characters, even the Bloodsail one

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
Glory done, for the final week of the raid. Was a little surprised, it felt somewhat easier than other raid metaachievements have been. A couple of fiddly ones, but nothing that's wipe after wipe after wipe.

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
Off the top of my head:

- Faster cast speed, like 0.5 sec

Whenever it's Hallow's End, I always have a good time when I get hold of the instant-cast magic broom. Making a ground mount instant-cast might have the effect of players leaning more towards "fly to quest area, use ground mount to get around quest area"

There was certainly one point where I'd do a ton of Archaeology during Hallow's End because of the broom.

Royalan

Oct 24, 2017
See, Sunfury Mage is what I'm talking about.

Because that hero talent tree just LOOKS cool, and it mixes up your rotation.

Meanwhile the hunter trees are just...here's some procs (although I'm kinda hopeful for Sentinel).

canderous

Prophet of Truth
Jun 12, 2020
See, Sunfury Mage is what I'm talking about.

Because that hero talent tree just LOOKS cool, and it mixes up your rotation.

Meanwhile the hunter trees are just...here's some procs (although I'm kinda hopeful for Sentinel).
I can't begin to emphasize how disappointed I am with the Hunter hero talent trees. I was watching Azortharion's stream as he tested them for a bit last night. There is like nothing visual to them at all, especially Pack Leader. Like, your pet bites more often, an attack that doesn't really have a visible animation. You have to scour the combat log to even know anything is happening with Pack Leader (seriously). There seems to be almost no gameplay impact, it's just numbers. Dark Ranger is also disappointing, the Black Arrow isn't even visible and the way the tree interacts with BM is not great. It actually makes the gameplay somewhat frustrating because it often gives you procs you can't spend in time or take advantage of.

But yeah, Sentinel looks the most interesting because you at least get a visual change up.

Some of the other hero talent trees for other classes are in another galaxy, both from a visual and gameplay perspective. It's just not even remotely comparable. I hope they get completely scrapped (especially Pack Leader), but I'm not hopeful. And not being in Alpha means you can't really post feedback that the devs will see. By the time I'm in beta and i could do that, that will be set in stone for the most part.