• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Only issue with LFR old tiers is that generally speaking most people doing them these days are in their baby alts, while when the tier was relevant you at least had a few insanely overgeared players looking to get a lucky titanforge or that last tier slot that just would never drop. I've found LFR Tomb harder these days than I did whe it was semi-relevant.

Jag

Oct 26, 2017
I've mained a Hunter since Vanilla and every expac has one pet that just clicks with me. Usually because there was some actual hunting or effort in getting it. In WoD it was Gara. For Legion, it's Fenryr. We're also both missing an eye! His runes also glow on and off, which is pretty cool.

Had to solo Mythic Halls of Valor for him, but it was that much sweeter when I was able to tame him. Looking forward to doing more hunting in BFA.

7AMKRDe.jpg

Ryaaan14

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago
I'm in the midst of catching up my questing, so I'd like y'alls input:

Rank the following grinds from worst to easiest:

Broken Isles campaign
Suromar campaign (I guess it's kinda separate/longer?)
Broken shore class mount chain
Balance of Power
Argus campaign

Tacitus

Oct 25, 2017
Not sure what you mean by Broken Isles campaign, the Legionfall campaign on the Broken Shore?

Broken Isles campaign: several hours of active stuff, missions and 8 WQs there slow progress
Suromar campaign (I guess it's kinda separate/longer?): very long
Broken shore class mount chain: fast, though you need to complete the Legionfall campaign first
Balance of Power: several weeks thanks to limited drops and still a long chain besides, put in a couple of hours every week
Argus campaign: several hours, doable in an afternoon or so

Worst is probably Balance of Power. It's not like it's hard or anything, but doing regular mythic dungeons can be annoying and it depends on your luck how many times you need to run the raids for the limited drops.

Ryaaan14

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago
Not sure what you mean by Broken Isles campaign, the Legionfall campaign on the Broken Shore?

Broken Isles campaign: several hours of active stuff, missions and 8 WQs there slow progress
Suromar campaign (I guess it's kinda separate/longer?): very long
Broken shore class mount chain: fast, though you need to complete the Legionfall campaign first
Balance of Power: several weeks thanks to limited drops and still a long chain besides, put in a couple of hours every week
Argus campaign: several hours, doable in an afternoon or so

Worst is probably Balance of Power. It's not like it's hard or anything, but doing regular mythic dungeons can be annoying and it depends on your luck how many times you need to run the raids for the limited drops.

Thanks this gives me some perspective

Oct 25, 2017
Remote auction house still broke. So much for them fixing it quickly. Although I am not selling much atm, it's still better than using the actual in game auction house.

Shivers

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
thinking about playing wow again, not played for about a year (legion launch time) it worth coming back at the moment?

TheYanger

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah Blood Elves and Draeneis have the worst and oldest starting zones still in the game. The other 1-60 zones were redone since then.
I second Hillsbrad, some hilarious quests
Hillsbrad is DEFINITELY the funniest zone in the game, it's kind of crazy how fourth wall breaking it all is, but I'm not sure you could appreciate a lot of the humor as a new player. It'd still be funny but man, Orkus is WAY funnier if you were playing back during the end of wrath lull (when that zone came out in cata it was hilarious).

cdyhybrid

Oct 25, 2017
mostly solo stuff and battlegrounds pvp.
There are a few outdoor zones in the vein of Timeless Isle (Broken Isles and the Argus zones, with Argus being the current content), though they're not exactly the same in terms of what they offer.

They revamped the leveling process a few weeks ago (made zones scale with your level within a certain range so you don't outlevel them before you can complete the storyline), and if you preorder the expansion you'll also get access to some new Allied Races - but those are locked behind some rep/questline requirements that you probably haven't met yet.

Edit:

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20761746576#1
With realm maintenance in each region, starting tomorrow (February 6), we plan to apply a few class tuning changes via hotfix. Details below.

Thanks!

Hunter
  • Beast Mastery
  • All damage increased by 2.5%.
  • Serpentstalker Guise 4-piece bonus now causes Kill Command to reduce the cooldown of Aspect of the Wild by 3 seconds (was 2.5 seconds).

Mage
  • Fire
  • All damage increased by 3%.

Warlock
  • Affliction
  • Corruption, Agony damage reduced by 6%.
  • Long Dark Night of the Soul now increases healing you receive from Drain Soul by 3% per rank (was 10%).

Player versus Player

• All of the above class changes are offset in PvP situations.

cartographer

Oct 25, 2017
There are a few outdoor zones in the vein of Timeless Isle (Broken Isles and the Argus zones, with Argus being the current content), though they're not exactly the same in terms of what they offer.

They revamped the leveling process a few weeks ago (made zones scale with your level within a certain range so you don't outlevel them before you can complete the storyline), and if you preorder the expansion you'll also get access to some new Allied Races - but those are locked behind some rep/questline requirements that you probably haven't met yet.

Edit:

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20761746576#1
Those Affliction nerfs are cute.

Deleted member 1041

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FIRE BUFFS

YW9IPD5.png
YW9IPD5.png
YW9IPD5.png
YW9IPD5.png

Logging into a guildless characters, I immediately got two whispers of 2 different guilds that highlighted that they were anti-PC

Man some sad fuckers out there who feel snowflake to highlight how anti-politically correct they are

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone know what the deal with order hall is when you boost a character to 110? Do you start from scratch?
edit: Does seem so.

I think I am gonna boost shaman. But damn, neither the allied races for alliance get shaman as an option... not even lightforged draenai... the first alliance class to get shaman was draenai. I only noticed today that dwarf can be shaman.

TheYanger

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
FIRE BUFFS

YW9IPD5.png
YW9IPD5.png
YW9IPD5.png
YW9IPD5.png

Logging into a guildless characters, I immediately got two whispers of 2 different guilds that highlighted that they were anti-PC

Man some sad fuckers out there who feel snowflake to highlight how anti-politically correct they are
I mean, they gotta appeal to the types of players that tend to not have friends I would assume

Tachya

Oct 25, 2017
Chances are they're still in production this early on. People complaining were complaining about something still in progress, and they were being unfair to blizzard tbh.

I don't think people were being unfair. There was never an official disclaimer that said that the allied races released were going to be unfinished when they released, but here we are, where it certainly looks like they were pushed out to meet the deadline of being a pre-order incentive at a specific date. And even if there was a disclaimer, that's not in accordance with the polish you'd expect.

Deleted member 1041

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think people were being unfair. There was never an official disclaimer that said that the allied races released were going to be unfinished when they released, but here we are, where it certainly looks like they were pushed out to meet the deadline of being a pre-order incentive at a specific date. And even if there was a disclaimer, that's not in accordance with the polish you'd expect.

Eh

I'd still give em a break, and I hope they take this lesson as making the other races more customizable. Everyone should get earrings, not just nightborne!!

cdyhybrid

Oct 25, 2017
Eh

I'd still give em a break, and I hope they take this lesson as making the other races more customizable. Everyone should get earrings, not just nightborne!!
If they had said up front that they would be hotfixing in customization options as they were finished 95% of the complaints would have never happened.

Instead they said nothing and people assumed they got the finished product, because they had no reason to believe otherwise.

I'm glad they're still working on them but they really should have said something.

RoninChaos

Oct 26, 2017
I did balance druid for raidinging for the first few weeks of EN, then that's when my sub lapsed for a year. Balance druid was an awesome class, although I never got any legos on them.

Right now, I'm using my balance turned guardian druid as a bank alt. My main is a protein paladin. I used my BFA boost on a monk. I have one last character on alliance side (110 mage) that I need to transfer over to Horde at some point.

My current roster is
110 Tauren Druid (Guardian)
110 Belf Pally (Prot/Holy)
110 Belf Monk (Windwalker)
110 Human Mage (Frost)
105 Belf Demon Hunter (Havoc)
63 Belf Death Knight (Blood)
23 Orc Warrior (Arms)
22 Undead Warlock (Affliction)
And some lower level characters that are mostly name reserves.

I'll be getting the Demon Hunter to 110 soon leveling with my SO, so I'm not worried about getting the Demon Hunter to 110. If I was get to another class or classeses to 110 before Battle for Azeroth hits, which class(es) should I proritize first?
Blood dk or unholy dk. I'm partial to blood even though I liked the way it played last expansion compared to legion. Death Knight has been my main since wrath it came out and that probably won't change in BFA.

RoninChaos

Oct 26, 2017
I've mained a Hunter since Vanilla and every expac has one pet that just clicks with me. Usually because there was some actual hunting or effort in getting it. In WoD it was Gara. For Legion, it's Fenryr. We're also both missing an eye! His runes also glow on and off, which is pretty cool.

Had to solo Mythic Halls of Valor for him, but it was that much sweeter when I was able to tame him. Looking forward to doing more hunting in BFA.

7AMKRDe.jpg

I did that back at ilvl 900 I believe. It was hard. Tested the fuck out of my skills. Was hoping all over the place doing my best to stay alive. Friend got legendary legs and just stood there and healed through it. Lol

Jag

Oct 26, 2017
I did that back at ilvl 900 I believe. It was hard. Tested the fuck out of my skills. Was hoping all over the place doing my best to stay alive. Friend got legendary legs and just stood there and healed through it. Lol

I may or may not have cheesed it with the legendary legs :P

But it was a decent challenge and required a ton of kiting. They also buffed the instance in 7.3 so it was alot harder than it used to be.

Deleted member 23381

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Chances are they're still in production this early on. People complaining were complaining about something still in progress, and they were being unfair to blizzard tbh.
LMAO what is this shit.

Blizzard never once communicated that they were WiP. He'll they haven't even mentioned these changes anywhere.

If anyone was being unfair it was blizzard to the people who pre ordered for a half finished race by not even having the decency to let them know.

Being unfair to blizz LMAO how far down the hole can you possibly go.

cartographer

Oct 25, 2017
Blizzard's effectively said nothing about the unfinished state and they don't even communicate the fixes reliably. If this is so unfair, Blizzard should use their community management team. This is what they pay them for.

If Blizzard had made any attempt to communicate what's going on then maybe, but they didn't. Like, at all. And still aren't.

KLoWn

Oct 27, 2017
This mount looks dope as fuck.

It's apparently some PvP reward, so I guess I'll have to get into that in BfA.

Moff

Oct 26, 2017
Warfronts are not pvp, they are the RTS inspired battles and they are PVE.
Love the concept and the rewards, I'll do that a lot.
the only thing that bothers me that I read that there is apparently a weekly lockout.

Deleted member 21858

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Do you guys "recommend" the realm you are playing in now? Mostly asking the alliance side, but everyone is welcome to join the discussion of course ^.^

I´ve played for years now on Argent Dawn (US) and always had cool guilds, but it seems that the server lost a ton of guilds and good players. My previous guild went in mass to Area 52 to play horde. For the first time in years Im looking for another server, US East would be better or me. Stormrage and Dalaran are both US East but they do seem packed and the queue times will be a pain in the ass, so I mostly scrapped those :I

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'm having a bug where nothing's showing up in my chat box. No guild chat, no NPC lines, not even my own text

Robin64

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
England
So sorry to anyone wanting Zandalari Paladins. From the new alpha build, Zandalari can be: Warrior, Hunter, Rogue, Priest, Shaman, Mage, Warlock, Druid.

Oct 25, 2017
Cincinnati
Druid it is for Zandalari. Probably go Warrior for Dark Iron, which I assume they will have as a class. Also Vulpera added to player character files? Hrmmm if that happens I am definitely rolling one.

HarryDemeanor

Oct 25, 2017
Do you guys "recommend" the realm you are playing in now? Mostly asking the alliance side, but everyone is welcome to join the discussion of course ^.^

I´ve played for years now on Argent Dawn (US) and always had cool guilds, but it seems that the server lost a ton of guilds and good players. My previous guild went in mass to Area 52 to play horde. For the first time in years Im looking for another server, US East would be better or me. Stormrage and Dalaran are both US East but they do seem packed and the queue times will be a pain in the ass, so I mostly scrapped those :I
Stormrage and Dalaran are both good servers. You're going to run into queue times on a lot of servers when the expansion launches.

Status
Not open for further replies.