Finaj

Oct 25, 2017
This is much sooner than anyone expected.

I5Q0D651QU7Q1678252437350.jpg

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/this-week-in-wow-april-3-2023/1560940

This patch includes:

• New Zone: Zaralek Caverns – Gather your courage as you venture into this mysterious underground cavern.
  • Cross-Faction Guilds: Players who have been enjoying Cross-Faction Instances now can join the same guild as their opposite-faction friends and benefit from conveniences like shared chat and guild repairs.
  • Fyrrak Assaults: Fyrakk's forces are gathering resources at Suffusion Camps located in the Azure Span and Ohn'ahran Plains. It's up to the heroes of Azeroth to disrupt their efforts to lure Fyrakk and his disciples out.
  • Meet New Allies: As the heroes of Azeroth pursue enemies into the dangers of Zaralek Cavern, they are aided by the local inhabitants found under the Dragon Isles — the molefolk known as "Niffen" and the Drogbar.
  • And more…
Blizzard are really getting on top of their patch cycle this expansion.

Hixx

Oct 25, 2017
Even earlier than I expected. Can't believe people thought they were going to sit on it until July!

Ushay

Oct 27, 2017
Waay sooner than I thought. Blizz are really on top of their game with this expac.

Saladin

Alt Account
Banned
Apr 27, 2021
Good stuff! This is going to be great. I'm ready for 10.1, I hope 10.1 is ready for 10.1 though

Oct 25, 2017
Nice. I just got back into WoW this weekend, so I should be through the current expansion content by then.

OP
OP
Finaj

Finaj

Oct 25, 2017
Dragonflight is definitely best expansion since MoP.

A lot of people have a soft-spot for Legion (I do too), but it only really became great near the end of the patch cycle when it became much easier to acquire particular legendaries. Early in the expansion, if you weren't lucky, you got screwed.

Mists of Pandaria had the issue of too many dailies at the start, but that didn't affect end-game progression like Legion's legendaries did.

Big Boy

Oct 25, 2017
Better be some god damn pvp tuning before release this time. 10.07 completely fucked everything up

Katbobo

May 3, 2022
A lot of people have a soft-spot for Legion (I do too), but it only really became great near the end of the patch cycle when it became much easier to acquire particular legendaries. Early in the expansion, if you weren't lucky, you got screwed.

Mists of Pandaria had the issue of too many dailies at the start, but that didn't affect end-game progression like Legion's legendaries did.

I think Legion also was able to succeed in the way that BC and WotLK were, where it cashed it on old storylines and characters.

I really did love the idea of the legendary system. It's really cool to have the idea you'll get a random item that can completely change up how your spec plays and will differentiate you -- but the balance was way too out of whack on them for it to work out. Especially if you were one of the people that got unlucky and got a utility legendary as, say, a DPS. Boring and useless.

Vinx

Sep 9, 2019
Seems too early.

Playing on the PTR there are a few things that dont seem quite ready.

Hopefully we dont have another Onyx Annulet situation with more important features (ie the new Mythic+ affixes)

Moff

Oct 26, 2017
Well done, releasing it with D4 would have bothered me.

Dragonflight has fantastic content pacing

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017

The latter was also fixed a lot earlier, if I remember correctly. The crazy daily rep grind was really only a big issue until the first major patch hit I think?

Acidote

Oct 26, 2017
The latter was also fixed a lot earlier, if I remember correctly. The crazy daily rep grind was really only a big issue until the first major patch hit I think?
Still had the AP grind that kicked me out of high end. They completely burned me out with it. Nowadays I don't even bother, I just raid with whatever guild that does simply HM and get my season M+ 20s . I don't bother with Mythic raiding since Legion because of that and early expansion legendaries never dropping.

thisismadness

Oct 25, 2017

I haven't played Dragonflight, but I think a lot of people forget/forgive the legendary situation with Legion because the content offering was so strong. There were a lot of fresh ideas that landed decently. I had horrible luck with legendaries but I still loved my time with Legion.

Last edited:

Duxxy3

Oct 27, 2017
USA
Kinda bored with this expansion so far. Just not a fan. Counting down the days til it ends.

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
I haven't played Dragonflight, but I think a lot of people forget/forgive the legendary situation with Legion because the content offering so strong. There were a lot of fresh ideas that landed decently. I had horrible luck ith legendaries but I still loved my time with Legion.

Yeah, I'm one of those. The legendary situation never hit me in a negative way nearly as much as lots of folks, and I did not have great luck with drops early on.

Juryvicious

Oct 28, 2017
Dragonflight is definitely best expansion since MoP.

It's kinda sorta feeling that way isn't it. The entire back half of MoP, all of it, was something really, really unique and special.

I don't see Dragonflight being/ getting that good, but it doesn't have to, just keep delivering solid fun updates and keep the quality up. It's a tough ask, because Blizzard hasn't been able to reproduce said excellence since MoP, but Dragonflight is headed in the right direction.

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
Damn near. Exception being faction specific areas and quests, but that mostly just amounts to flavour.
there are still a few legacy instances that will probably never be avilable to a cross-faction group, but with cross-faction guilds being a thing now that'll at least remain old content only