• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Irrotational

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
EDIT EDIT

I made a terrible thread that was offensive. I'm really sorry.

I hadn't thought about all the hurt and pain that has happened which become the "stories" and issues that are discussed and highlighted on this forum. The idea of trying to rank them is shitty and offensive.

I think it's important that companies are held to account for the bad behaviour they exhibit, and we don't just collectively "forget" about them, when the next scandal hits, or award winning game comes along. Esepcially at this time of year when the focus is on awards and "game of the year" content. However there are much much better ways to do that.

I'm sorry.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Well CDPR seems like a shoe in between the numerous articles of them crunching, their ridiculous profit sharing structure, and the fact that they decided to release a super buggy game even after numerous delays (meaning they could've saved all their devs the stress and pain and consumers, if they'd just delayed to next year)

fracas

Oct 27, 2017
Hmm, it's a tossup between the company that released a broken game, the one that treated their workers like shit or maybe the other one that has subtly pushed transphobia with a nice dash of sexism and racism mixed in

Oh wait nvm that's just one company

Congrats CDPR!!!

Marnie

The Fallen
Dec 3, 2018
CD Projekt Red is probably the clear winner this year. Let's see what they had this year:
  • Crunch
  • Broken game
  • Transphobia
  • misogyny
  • Lies
Other studios had their problems, but CDPR takes the cake.

Chance Hale

Oct 26, 2017
Colorado
fetchimage

How fast people forget about Ubisoft tho

PucePikmin

Apr 26, 2018
I'm sure most will say CDPR, but Activision Blizzard gets my vote for multiple rounds of layoffs in 2020 while doing record profits.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
So which company would get your nomination for "Worst" of the year? I'm not sure we need any rules, or indeed if this thread will survive more than 15 minutes(!?) but my only personal guidelines would be:-
I mean this is basically a roundabout way of creating a CDPR thread, so it's going to go exactly how you expect it to go.

Era Uma Vez

Feb 5, 2020
I despise CDPR's behaviour as much as the next guy, but would this thread even exist if CDPR didn't shit the bed multiple times?
This just looks like a "let's shit on CDRP" thread but with extra steps, to make it seem like it's not.
Even Naughty Dog, with those horrific crunch stories, can come close to that dumpster fire.

Oct 25, 2017
There is something poetic of CDPR going from the "gamer best friend who can do no wrong because they released Witcher 3 and showed everyone that they were the only good AAA studio" to being anti-trans, anti-developer and anti-consumer all at once.

Jencks

Oct 25, 2017
CDPR is the obvious choice this year, but we shouldn't forget the shitty practices of Naughty Dog and Ubisoft.

Elandyll

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Let's see

Transphobia
Problematic minority representation
Heavy Crunch
Shady customer behavior attempting to hide last gen console (huge) technical problems with reviewers

Yeah for me it's CDPR this year no contest.

OP
OP
Irrotational

Irrotational

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Ok - I know it's topical, and may well be the deserving winner, but I genuinely didn't create this thread to be "just another" CDPR thread. In fact I started it (selfishly) to have a chance to go back over the year and see what other fuckery had gone on, and evaluate it in the cold light of day.

Oct 25, 2017
I despise CDPR's behaviour as much as the next guy, but would this thread even exist if CDPR didn't shit the bed?
Just looks like another "let's shit on CDRP" but with extra steps.

I mean, Naughty Dog could also count but some of the issues were sensationalized because of the story of that game. There is a crunch issue at ND, but people have sensationalized things like worker abuse by making them look at snuff footage or people being hospitalized (both proven untrue), Neil Drukmann forcing Amy Hennig the original writer of the first game out (which is untrue), etc.

ND's issues have been muddied by chuds who are only using the workplace issues at ND as a smokescreen to hide their real issues with the narrative of TLOU2.

Deleted member 56752

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 15, 2019
Naughty Dog. They out here calling reporters who are reviewing their game. They've been crunching for forever. And they get rewarded for the mismanagement and everyone just has positive things to say about the game. Hold them accountable.

nemorrhoids

Oct 22, 2018
It's probably either CDPR, Naughty Dog, Lab Zero, or Ubisoft. CDPR has the recency bias right now, and they definitely fucked up real good on many levels but let's not forget the litany of bullshit to come from Ubisoft this year.

RedOnePunch

Oct 26, 2017
There are a lot of shitty companies. Most large publishers are not great. I'd honestly rather focus on who's the best and reward good practices than participate in this.

crimsonECHIDNA

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
Going by the state of things either CDPR or Ubisoft.

Naughty Dog I'm hoping cleans up how they treat their employees after all the exposure of their issues this year, but i don't think what they did touch the issues of the aforementioned two.

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
I know CDPR sucks but Ubisoft is not far after with that "game must have a white straight alpha male" bullshit.

Naughty Dog. They out here calling reporters who are reviewing their game. They've been crunching for forever. And they get rewarded for the mismanagement and everyone just has positive things to say about the game. Hold them accountable.

CDPR is racist, transphobic and literally only gave review codes to select PC reviewers with 3000 cards. C'mon.

Uzuzu

Nov 18, 2017
it's easily ubisoft, but the well received vahalla, immortals, and watchdogs have kinda made people forget the massive sexual harassment scandal

Deleted member 56752

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 15, 2019
I know CDPR sucks but Ubisoft is not far after with that "game must have a white straight alpha male" bullshit.

CDPR is racist, transphobic and literally only gave review codes to select PC reviewers with 3000 cards. C'mon.
Yeah, I mean, they're probably bad. I should've quoted the OP who said he didn't want this to just be about CDPR, so I shone a light on another company.

Brrandon

Dec 13, 2019
There is something poetic of CDPR going from the "gamer best friend who can do no wrong because they released Witcher 3 and showed everyone that they were the only good AAA studio" to being anti-trans, anti-developer and anti-consumer all at once.
Im not defending cdpr at all here, but the vast VAST majority of gamers really just dont care. All my friends who have played cyberpunk adore it and its their game of the year, and still adore cdpr as much if not more than they did before the games relase. I would like to play the game, but the performance is so shit that it currently wont run on my pc haha

Status
Not open for further replies.