gozu

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
America
I know that, historically, it has been men that were allowed multiple wives. Mormons used to do it. Islam allows it and a few well off dudes in muslim countries do it still.

Now the only example of polyandry I know is inthe Himalayas, and it was generally 2 brothers sharing a wife I believe, so the kids would be either sons or close nephews, you see? That's when it hit me! The exact parentage of the child didn't matter because you can love your son and nephew the same, it's cool! That's partly why the marriage worked!

Now that we have genetic testing and men can determine the biological father of each child with 100% certainty, there is no need for both fathers to be siblings to have the same level of knowledge. So would it now work? I know a few women who wouldn't say no to 2 men if society accepted it.

And men would all probably get laid more, because there would be a shortage of them. Win/win.

EDIT: someone was asking about the actual benefits of reducing male horniness levels. Here is an example:

SEXUAL FRUSTRATION

Dr. Tawfik Hamid writes in his books The Roots of Jihad and Inside Jihad [...] how he and his friends were convinced to join the terrorist movement. Extreme sexual frustration makes young Islamic men easy prey. They are expected to have zero sexual release until marriage, and marriage in these economic times can be delayed until as late as a man's 40's. Recruiters lure potential suicide bombers with assurances that blowing themselves up will give them perpetual access in the afterlife to 72 beautiful virgins.

Last edited:

BarryAllen

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Marriage is an out dated concept. I don't get how people don't get bored banging the same person after 3 years. Not only that people get old and fat. I totally get why both genders bang the hot 22 year olds

OP
OP
gozu

gozu

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
America
Marriage is an out dated concept. I don't get how people don't get bored banging the same person after 3 years. Not only that people get old and fat. I totally get why both genders bang the hot 22 year olds
Good news! You can be in love with the same person for double digit years! Yep! Butterflies might go away after 3 years, sure but love? Oh it can stay waaaay longer. If you're lucky until your death.

Mammoth Jones

Oct 25, 2017
New York

It's not for everyone.

But yea I don't get bored banging my wife. It's good. Really good. And the relationship transcended just being about sex alone some time ago.

if you just looking to smash then yea your mindset is the correct one. But thats the shit that got boring to me.

mac

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Architect: The function of the One is now to return to the source, allowing a temporary dissemination of the code you carry, reinserting the prime program. After which you will be required to select from the matrix 23 individuals, 16 female, 7 male, to rebuild Zion. Failure to comply with this process will result in a cataclysmic system crash killing everyone connected to the matrix, which coupled with the extermination of Zion will ultimately result in the extinction of the entire human race.

thumbs%20up.jpg

The Adder

Oct 25, 2017
Marriage and fucking other people are not mutually exclusive concepts. Love and affection do not necessarily rely on fucking. Moreover, not everyone is so invested in fucking as to need a change in who they're fucking every couple of years. On top of that, some people actually enjoy to know their SO's body in ways you only learn after an extended period of time banging it out with that person.

Basically: People are different.

sprsk

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017

Do you also get rid of your family and get a new one every 3 years?

SweetBellic

Oct 28, 2017
You get kinky and spice things up. Then you get accustomed to the hardcore sex and the foundation of trust you have with your partner...to the point where smashing a 22-year old for one night loses its luster.

Oct 25, 2017
BarryAllen is literally a troll who goes from thread to thread trying to rile people up between bannings. He knows that what he's posting is stupid.

Just_a_Mouse

Oct 27, 2017
I feel like poly relationships will be the norm in the future. Society seems to be moving that way, at least.

Deleted member 1287

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Both genders should be able to fuck who they want

Whether that's one person or multiple, people should be honest and get into relationships with people who share the same view on it

But I dunno about having 2 brothers as a husband set that's a lil weird for me

TickleMeElbow

Oct 31, 2017
I should have said "potential husbands", not men. Well, the more women have more than one husband, the fewer men will be left to the remaining women, assuming a 50/50 distribution of men and women being born. Right? This is assuming it is widespread.

Yeah but then it wouldn't be win/win as you stated, because there would be quite a few women left without any husbands.

Or did you mean it would be win/win for the women and the men who are in the polyandrous marriages?

Aprikurt

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 29, 2017
Marriage is an outdated concept for lots of reasons.

Monogamy isn't.

Just_a_Mouse

Oct 27, 2017
Where do you see that? If anything I see more shorter relationships than anything and people being more willing to bounce around (which for me anyway is good).

Just by how accepted it has become these past few years. I wouldn't say it's mainstream yet, but it's getting there. In fact, you probably know some and you don't even know it. My last circle of friends I used to game with would see partners bounce between one another fairly regularly when we'd hang out, but nobody on the outside would have really suspected anything was different.

I can also agree that shorter relationships will become more and more common. Marriage is just an antique concept, in my opinion.

DigitalOp

Nov 16, 2017
It's not for everyone.

But yea I don't get bored banging my wife. It's good. Really good. And the relationship transcended just being about sex alone some time ago.

if you just looking to smash then yea your mindset is the correct one. But thats the shit that got boring to me.

Thats what I seem to pick up on. The telltale sign of finding the right one is when the sex isn't boring. I feel like you should actually want to just bang your wife, to the point where you don't even think about other women because banging your wife at home is so good.

Im willing to wait for that. lol

Rayne

Oct 25, 2017
Just by how accepted it has become these past few years. I wouldn't say it's mainstream yet, but it's getting there. In fact, you probably know some and you don't even know it. My last circle of friends I used to game with would see partners bounce between one another fairly regularly when we'd hang out, but nobody on the outside would have really suspected anything was different.

I can also agree that shorter relationships will become more and more common. Marriage is just an antique concept, in my opinion.

Well the you probably know some applies for just about everything. That said most of the people I know stay seperated so we differ on that.

I disagree about it being an antique. It just only works for certain people and some really should stop trying to force their round pegs into square holes.

Deleted member 4346

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why would I want this? I can't see the appeal. Not at all. Having multiple wives makes sense from a biological perspective (one man can impregnate many women simultaneously) but one woman with multiple men doesn't.

TaterTots

Oct 27, 2017

If you have that mindset then don't get involved in a long term relationship. At some point it evolves past just fucking. If you just want to hit it then stay single and use apps lol.

z0m3le

Oct 25, 2017
Unless we are starting an off world colony, there is no need to socially construct how people live with each other. The simplicity of true freedom, would give people the options to find what they are happiest with, and we should all try to be less judgmental, as long as no one is getting hurt.

Truth is, the future companion might not be what it has been for the history of the human race, so these concepts might also become outdated extremely quick.

OP
OP
gozu

gozu

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
America
Yeah but then it wouldn't be win/win as you stated, because there would be quite a few women left without any husbands.

Or did you mean it would be win/win for the women and the men who are in the polyandrous marriages?
I was thinking of the women and men in the polyandrous marriages.

It's true there would be a shortage of men, kind of like there is a shortage of women in China today. But In any case, there are always people who die alone whether because of very unattractive looks or personality.

Maybe it's better to have a shortage of men than of women? Historically, men have done terrible things out of horniness (rape and slaughter?). Can't think of examples involving women.

Oct 25, 2017
Racoon City

I mean statistically one gender goes after "hot" 22 18 year olds at a hilarious disproportionate rate, to the point making this a "they both do it" argument is pretty disingenuous.

Eldy

Oct 25, 2017
Maryland

You see the flip side of this problem in polygamous (polygyny) cultures such as FLDS where surplus young men are essentially cast out of the community (link). This would presumably not be a problem in a totally polyamorous society but in one where only gender can have multiple spouses it seems inevitable.

I KILL PXLS

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not seeing the part where we'd be "better off" OP. At least polygamy makes sense from a reproductive angle. I could see an argument for polyamory though. That super family in Caprica seemed like a good support system.

caff!!!

Oct 29, 2017
It's going to be highly situational for any poly relationship to work in society currently.
marriage isn't just about fucking, you know that? Right?

OP
OP
gozu

gozu

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
America
Having multiple wives makes sense from a biological perspective (one man can impregnate many women simultaneously) but one woman with multiple men doesn't.

At least polygamy makes sense from a reproductive angle.

Huh??? Why are you assuming humanity's goal is to maximize offsprings? We're in no danger of underpopulation. Hell, we use birth controls all the time to prevent more births.

I think it's a point IN FAVOR of polyandry because it limits the need for birth control if anything.

I KILL PXLS

Oct 25, 2017
Huh??? Why are you assuming humanity's goal is to maximize offsprings? We're in no danger of underpopulation. Hell, we use birth controls all the time to prevent more births.

I think it's a point IN FAVOR of polyandry because it limits the need for birth control if anything.
It's pretty much every species' prime directive to reproduce. That's not my point though. If birth prevention is what you're getting at by "better off" then there are way more effective and less complicated solutions than polyandry. You know.....like birth control. I'm just not seeing what you think this is a solution for.

Fulminator

Oct 25, 2017
It's pretty much every species' prime directive to reproduce. That's not my point though. If birth prevention is what you're getting at by "better off" then there are way more effective and less complicated solutions than polyandry. You know.....like birth control. I'm just not seeing what you think this is a solution for.
Yeah i agree with this. Idk what OP thinks will be better about this. If it were to happen, sure that's fine. But Better Off? Probably not.

I KILL PXLS

Oct 25, 2017
I mentioned it before in one of my previous posts:

Maybe it's better to have a shortage of men than of women? Historically, men have done terrible things out of horniness (rape and slaughter?). Can't think of examples involving women.
A shortage of men for what? Available relationships? What would that solve? What does that have to do with men doing things out of horniness?

OP
OP
gozu

gozu

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
America
A shortage of men for what? Available relationships? What would that solve? What does that have to do with men doing things out of horniness?

Ah. Ok. I didn't provide any background on this. Here is an easy example of horniness leading to atrocities:

SEXUAL FRUSTRATION

Dr. Tawfik Hamid writes in his books The Roots of Jihad and Inside Jihad about his medical school years in Egypt when he was an active member of a terrorist organization. Within the group Tawfik especially admired one of the smartest and most articulate older medical students, Ayman al-Zawahiri, former associate of Bin Laden and, since Bin Laden's death, the number one man in Al Qaeda.

Dr. Hamid, now a terrorism policy consultant in Washington and an Islamic scholar who seeks more peaceful interpretations of Islamic texts, explains how he and his friends were convinced to join the terrorist movement. Extreme sexual frustration makes young Islamic men easy prey. They are expected to have zero sexual release until marriage, and marriage in these economic times can be delayed until as late as a man's 40's. Recruiters lure potential suicide bombers with assurances that blowing themselves up will give them perpetual access in the afterlife to 72 beautiful virgins.

If you're actually asking me how a shortage of men would reduce horniness amongst men, it seems pretty obvious. Just like fewer available workforce results in wage increases, fewer men available will result in sex increases (for them).

I hope this clarifies things.

Lady Catherine de Bourgh

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
Ah. Ok. I didn't provide any background on this. Here is an easy example of horniness leading to atrocities:

SEXUAL FRUSTRATION

Dr. Tawfik Hamid writes in his books The Roots of Jihad and Inside Jihad about his medical school years in Egypt when he was an active member of a terrorist organization. Within the group Tawfik especially admired one of the smartest and most articulate older medical students, Ayman al-Zawahiri, former associate of Bin Laden and, since Bin Laden's death, the number one man in Al Qaeda.

Dr. Hamid, now a terrorism policy consultant in Washington and an Islamic scholar who seeks more peaceful interpretations of Islamic texts, explains how he and his friends were convinced to join the terrorist movement. Extreme sexual frustration makes young Islamic men easy prey. They are expected to have zero sexual release until marriage, and marriage in these economic times can be delayed until as late as a man's 40's. Recruiters lure potential suicide bombers with assurances that blowing themselves up will give them perpetual access in the afterlife to 72 beautiful virgins.

If you're actually asking me how a shortage of men would reduce horniness amongst men, it seems pretty obvious. Just like fewer available workforce results in wage increases, fewer men available will result in sex increases (for them).

I hope this clarifies things.

One extra husband, one step closer to world peace?

GrimJawz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I'm not sure what problem this is supposed to address besides some weird pseudo cuckolding fantasy lol. The people who devolve into committing sex crimes because they can't get laid in a 1:1 female to male society aren't going to do much better in a 2:1 world. There usually the problem not the numbers.

House_Of_Lightning

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
People should be allowed to participate in whatever relationships they find comfortable and shouldn't be told that one or the other is the "proper way" to do it.

I'd also not really assume that men become mass murderers because they're not getting laid.

Punchline

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
i mean certainally it should be a option but some people just are not comfortable with the idea at all

Karnova

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
People should be allowed to participate in whatever relationships they find comfortable and shouldn't be told that one or the other is the "proper way" to do it.

I'd also not really assume that men become mass murderers because they're not getting laid.
This. Also wasn't Charles Mansion getting laid like crazy during his cult years? People (psychos) will scapegoat whatever problem they have as an excuse to act out on violent tendencies.

"I kill because I don't get laid. I kill because I don't make enough money. I kill because of racism." No you fucking killed because you're an asshole.