Wil Grieve

Oct 25, 2017
Platinum is one of those unique companies in that they've literally never made a single game that I've enjoyed despite my earnest efforts. So no, I don't really support them being conscripted to work on other games.

I don't even like Bloodborne but for the love of god keep them away from it.

Nov 28, 2017
I wouldn't want a Kamiya-made BB, or a Miyazaki-made DMC/Bayo.

Let them develop/create their own work.

If we truly want a BB sequel, the best way is to ask the "CREATORS" of BB or "Project Beast", aka, SONY Japan Studio to make it and helped by Bluepoint, like what FromSoft and Miyazaki did.

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Literally opposite combat philosophies to most kamiya stuff

Trago

Oct 25, 2017
A Platinum Games developed sequel to Bloodborne would have insanely better combat.

So yes, I'd be fine with that.

Deleted member 56752

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 15, 2019
Ima say no as someone who didn't even like bloodborne (but liked the souls games). I think what makes all those games special is the level design, which i don't think PG can rise to

Oct 25, 2017
Combat would likely be improved by a lot as well.
Troll thread

No
685bc6a428a3528408418389c1152bf3.gif
How have I not seen this before

Quite obviously, yes

Dylan

Oct 28, 2017
At first I thought this was a terrible idea, but after reading all the responses I now feel sorry for OP and want to tell them they are probably a great person with many great qualities and a meager thread will never change that.

Tbh though I'm not sure I want a Bloodborne sequel regardless of who makes it. What made Bloodborne interesting to me was that it was something totally new and different. Going back to that world as it has already been established doesn't strike me as very compelling. Similarly to how Dark Souls 3 aimed to bring the player back to the world of Dark Souls 1, but it really felt like I was just going through the motions that I had already experienced in the first game, and everything they did to flesh out more of that original story just felt like bolted-on, fan-fic at that point.

Deleted member 72415

User requested account closure
Banned
Jun 18, 2020
Funny how people always bring up Miyazaki in relation to bloodborne when that game had a co-director handle the bulk of the work.

Kyoufu

Oct 26, 2017
Reported the OP. I have placed my faith in the mods to do what is right and banish the demon.

Black_Red

Oct 27, 2017
Yes.

Big fam of Kamiya
Really liked bloodbrone.

The game would dissapoint everyone expecting a bloodborne sequel, but would be probably pretty crazy and good enough to exist and be played. (also bloodborne fans tears would be funny).

matrix-cat

Oct 27, 2017
Hideki Kamiya is the greatest living video game director, so I'm down for whatever he wants to do. If he somehow lands the Bloodborne 2 job, then buddy I guess I'm playing 100+ hours of Kamiya Bloodborne and loving it.

Dreamboum

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Now you know how I feel when people are saying Suda51 should team up with Kamiya and Platinum.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
No, I enjoy plenty of Platinum's output, but Bloodborne isn't that. And what the fuck is that shit about "combat would be improved"? Fuck outta here with that crap!
A Platinum Games developed sequel to Bloodborne would have insanely better combat.

So yes, I'd be fine with that.
The beauty of this medium is that it is full of variety, I invite you to try it. One kind of combat in a type of game doesn't have to be compared to the kind of combat from another kind of game, they can coexist just fine because variety is great and they are not supposed to be compared as if they existed within the same genre. That wasn't hard.

Dec 21, 2017
AbsoFUCKINGlutely.

You had me at Hideki Kamiya. "Untitled Hideki Kamiya Project" might as well be named GOTY whenever he makes something, because that's at least going to be one of the year's best titles.

As someone who's in the middle of Bloodborne, I would rather a followup be put in the hands of someone more familiar with the Souls style of gameplay...

On the other hand, I'd be curious to see what a Platinum-made Souls game would be like. Maybe not as good as i'd expect, but we'll see.

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
Is this thread designed to troll me specifically?

Because it's working. I want to lock this and perma-ban the OP from the internet.

Imran

Oct 24, 2017
I don't really understand threads like these. Is this a mad libs?

This is the kind of stuff that gets people to say the worst things about good developers and people because they want to defend something different that they like.

LavaBadger

Nov 14, 2017
Sounds terrible.

Would be the first From game I haven't purchased in a long time. I don't want a "character action game" from From and their style of games. It's why Sekiro is my least favorite of their games (Felt like it had a foot in two worlds).

Chettlar

Oct 25, 2017
No not even remotely. Why would you think this?

Platinum does not make everything they touch wonderful. Games like NieR demonstrate they're fully capable of style over substance. Which is the opposite of what Bloodborne needs.