GMM

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
827252768234614784-png__700.jpg

Deleted member 25108

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Yup. And they would throw away the key too.

Fortunately, there is a difference between someones thoughts and their actions. If everyone acted exactly how they thought, we would be on a planet of sociopaths.

Tagyhag

Oct 27, 2017
Yes, sometimes you hear what some insanely evil things people are doing (Like that Beagle experimentation warehouse) and it makes you want to knock them out.

Jader7777

Oct 26, 2017
Australia
If anyone wears a marijuana leaf shirt, just arrest them. You know they smoke who are you kidding.

Also anyome who wears an anarchy symbol.

Also anime.

Lock em up

TaterTots

Oct 27, 2017
This thread is incredibly heart breaking.

The idea that if you don't want to physically harm random people makes you ghandi....jesus. I can't even fathom.

Is this thread specifically about physically harming another? There are hundreds of other thoughts that could get you arrested in OP's scenario. Ever thought, "god I wish I could rob a bank. Tired of being broke." Well, that could get your ass in jail lmao. It's a goofy scenario and it's safe to say everyone would be behind bars.

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
You could say that in a bank and not get in trouble from it. I could probably even get a chuckle from the teller if I delivered the line well, seemed non threatening, and was a long time member.

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I actually rarely, if ever, have violent thoughts. There's a handful of people I really dislike, and imagine bad things happening to them, but I don't really have any urges, or entertain any thoughts of causing them myself. I guess it's normal but it's still a foreign idea to me.

But I definitely think antisocial stuff all the time. Like, lying, stealing, cheating. So I'd be in the hole with everyone else, yeah.

OP is quite clever. He is this:
Say in the near future they devise a way to scan your thoughts as you are out and about in public, and can arrest you on sight based on that scan.

Would you be locked up?

But also, this:
I am quite scatterbrained so hopefully all they'd pick up is nonsense and static...
I see right through your little thought-defying scheme OP. Scatterbrained yet not scatterbrained enough to not postulate this thought-provoking question.

WTF? Having violent thoughts is in no way normal. Wanting to harm other human beings is not healthy
Pe-lease. You aren't going to tell me that in your entire existence there never was a single moment where you were like Lets beat this guy up/ruin his shit/get all Deadpool on him.

Having a violent thought in the heat of the moment and seriously wanting to harm other human beings are obviously very different things.
The fact that this has to be explained is more disturbing as fuck than being heartbroken that people have violent thoughts.

I didn't mean to judge and I apologize for the psychopath thought but I really didn't think having violent thoughts was the norm.
Nobody has said it was the norm, all have been saying that everyone does this every now and then. However when you are in a state of permanent thoughts about killing people (which might be what you are referring to?) then yes, that's unhealthy. But when angered or heckled and having a thought like that? Perfectly normal.

You seem more like a 13 year olds version of what they think an adult is.
*Cue Dragonball Z Abridged's Gohan* I need an adult.

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
In this Orwellian Future I assume simpler things like "Maybe we shouldn't arrest people based on what they think" are considered criminal offences anyway, so probably.

Deepthought_

Banned
May 15, 2018
I think everyone would, I have head thoughts that I hate and think are wrong but I can't get it out of my head.

Pet

More helpful than the IRS
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
SoCal
No. Thought crime, even in Minority Report, implies the actual will/desire/action exists.

I can think all sorts of horrible things, like I do, but since I've never truly wanted or planned to execute any of them....I think I'm safe.