• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Would you go?

• Yes

Votes: 284 77.8%
  • No

Votes: 81 22.2%

• Total voters

MasterYoshi

Oct 27, 2017
Hypothetically, if there were a real Jurassic Park opening that was identical to the park from the first film, and you had all of the means necessary to visit, would you go? (Also, this is the grand opening of the park to your knowledge, nothing bad has yet to occur.. and the films don't exist.)

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
K8p.gif

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017
Sure, the movie park is set up to fail to make a story, the real thing would be safer. Even if something went down that'd be a hell of a adventure and lawsuit if you made it out.

Bessy67

Oct 29, 2017
Sure, why not? Zoos handle the captivity of large and dangerous animals just fine, no reason to believe they couldn't handle some oversized birds.

Beren

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Absolutely. I don't even care if I get eaten - I'd still go to see a fucking dinosaur in real life.

Otakunofuji

Oct 27, 2017
100% absolutely yes. Seeing a real dinosaur would be the greatest thing ever. I've gotten tears in my eyes just seeing "realistic" animatronics before.

PAFenix

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 21, 2019
I'd say fuck no but you said I'd be without the knowledge of the movies nor told of any incidents prior so..............................................

I guess.

(Still voted No)

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
like I said in the last thread about this as long as it's not managed like some ramshackle Tiger King-type operation I'd not give much shits about my safety.

though I suppose if it was a commonplace thing, yeah people would probably get killed along some point

Oct 27, 2017
Yes. Say what you will about Jurassic World, it was awesome to see the park open and operational for around 25 minutes.

Ubik

Nov 13, 2018
Canada
Yes even if it was just as dangerous as the movies.

"Eaten by a fucking dinosaur" is a pretty badass thing to have on your headstone

CheeseConey

Oct 27, 2017
Part of me says yes absolutely...but other part of me is thinking how terrifying it would be to be on the same island as the Velociraptors that are depicted in the film.

Simba

Nov 25, 2017
they made half a dozen movies on why this is a bad idea and are about to make another

unless the dinos are like denver the last dinosaur and wear rad clothing and can play the electric guitar

no

Tbm24

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If someone paid my way or gave me a ridiculous coupon like the sniveling lawyer suggested, sure, on the condition I get to drive one of the Jeeps. Otherwise I'm good. I've gone this long admiring Dinosaurs in books.

Stabi

Oct 25, 2017
France / san francisco
Sure.

In real life it would be safer. It's like seeing final destination and ask if you'd go on a plane or a roller coaster

I'd probably wouldn't go on opening day when the park is still figuring out how to function effectively

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
If it had shown a substantial safety record, probably. I wouldn't be the first one to go there.

I also can't imagine I'd be able to fully enjoy it. When I go on rollercoasters I mostly find myself worrying that my glasses are going to fall off.

Kapryov

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
Of course.

Not opening day, probably not until I could snag a ticket on a sale or with a voucher, but I would definitely go and have a blast too. And buy out the souvenir shop on the way out.

Listai

50¢
Oct 27, 2017
For sure.

Whether it's an enjoyable afternoon or a nightmare that ultimately claims my life - either way I get to see Dinos

GoodGrief

Jan 24, 2024
I gotta see a dinosaur.

Plus like, Jurassic World, the one movie where the park is open, shows it as a booming business. Sure, that one day things went wrong. But other days you just went to the zoo. The odds are in my favor.

Zeliard

Jun 21, 2019
I dunno, is it gonna involve a violent storm in the forecast and an unruly tech guy?

Still, yes.

I want to see a Brontosaurus.