Would you live in an Alien zoo?

• No.

• Yes

Results are only viewable after voting.

Sqrt

Oct 26, 2017
So, a race of advanced aliens offer you to be taken to their intergalactic zoo, where:
  • You will live the rest of your life in a 2 story 4000 square feet cage with one side made of polarized glass.
  • The cage is sound proof, but microphones will record all the sounds in your enclosure.
  • The cage has no private room and the zoo is open all the time, since sleeping is for primitive beings.
Inside the cage you will enjoy the following:
  • Your current mate or a psychically attractive mate of your preferred persuasion if you lack one.
  • The best health care the galaxy can offer.
  • Access to all video games, movies, books, tv series and music ever produced in Earth.
  • A top of the line entertainment center that will get constant updates.
  • Top of the line exercising facilities.
  • A luxurious spa with hot tub and a sauna.
  • Unlimited access to all of Earth's food thanks to advanced cooking machines.
  • Small robots will do all the cleaning.
Would you take the offer, Era?

QisTopTier

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I'm bedridden so this would just be an improvement over my current life.

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
It's a trick. An enlightened alien society would not have living beings in zoos, let alone sentient ones.

QisTopTier

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
It's a trick. An enlightened alien society would not have living beings in zoos, let alone sentient ones.
By you thinking it was a trick you are now stuck on Earth as humanity and the planet dies, the alien race just wanted to prolong humanity and you now missed your chance.

Ronnie Poncho

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Sounds like a Tralfamadorian zoo. Nice try, OP - but I won't fall for your deception.

(Will Montana Wildhack be there?)

Muitnorts

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Fuck no. An attractive mate is nice enough but not to be stuck with for the rest of your life in a house you can't leave. I wouldn't want to be trapped with anyone for that long.
I'd need to have weekends off or something and be able to see other people on those days.

nsilvias

Oct 25, 2017
only if they dont start doing weird experiments on me like putting my head on a dog body and the dog head on my human body.

Scullibundo

Oct 25, 2017
OP is obviously an alien testing the waters to see if we're ready to know that we're already in their zoo.

Subpar Scrub

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nah, I'd go crazy. I love to travel and meet new people and if I don't occupy myself with meaningful work then I tend to get lazy and feel no sense of achievement. Hard pass.

Kazooie

Jul 17, 2019
I doubt I would get to choose. If I were to choose then no. And choosing for my wife whether she is going to be incarcerated in a zoo is... pretty shitty.

Shrike

Oct 25, 2017
Would I have internet access? If so sure, if no then nah the social isolation and losing my friends would drive me crazy.

Rassilon

Oct 27, 2017
UK
Only if I get messed up by delta radiation in a freak Starship accident
The-Cage-Menagerie.jpg

Capra

Oct 25, 2017
I have enough anxiety over being within the same vague space as another human being. I don't need a buncha dudes watching me take a shit.

Oct 29, 2017
If they are advanced then they will know that a single individual is not a proper way to show the species, we evolved inherently social, like ants. So they'll likely have a colony of people on display.

The cage is too small.

Last edited:

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
gun to my head yeah i'd do it... given those specific parameters.

zoos in general are death chambers but what you're talking about is winning the lottery for shut-ins

Zultima

Mar 4, 2020
Based on that offer? Holy shit hell yes. I'd even put on a daily show for these beings.

Madison

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Lima, Peru
am I the only one who feels incredibly uncomfortable with the idea of a human zoo when human zoos actually existed and were prominent during the 19th century

atomsk eater

Oct 25, 2017
I want to say yes but I don't like the idea of vanishing from Earth with no explanation and leaving most of my family behind with no answers. Like, maybe ask me again after my mom dies or something?

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
They're just gonna see me masturbate like an ape. Enjoy the show, I'll jack off with one hand and do the live long and prosper gesture with the other.

HeySeuss

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Do you get days off for travel? Otherwise you're giving up going anywhere for the rest of your life in quarantine.

Oct 29, 2017
Another argument about the size of the cage. These Aliens will also be able to know that humans are one of Earth's species capable of running for very long periods of time. They optimal cage is an entire neighborhood.

An Alien entrepreneur with an observing eye would realize that they can have an entire reality show of characters inside a zoo. You want an enhanced and more dramatic human experience in your exhibit, not a single person simply staying alive.

If you tell me I'm going into a single person cage, I will know this is a low budget operation and my owner is Alien Joe Exotic.

Last edited:

Alsim

Banned for Abuse Of The Giftbot system
Banned
Jul 1, 2019
No way. I value my privacy and would never feel confortable being constantly watched.