Deleted member 18021

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
To be quite honest, I personally can't think of anything too interesting that either wouldn't step on the main XIV team's toes, or wouldn't be so distantly related that it might as well be its own thing.

XI is pretty much done, so at this point, I'd be more interested in something set in Vana'diel.

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
Sure, why not. The world is vast and they can have their own game. I would play a stand-alone Hildy game hahahaha

CaviarMeths

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Western Canada
I'd play it.

War of the Magi would be an awesome setting for a game. I'd love to see some of the ancient civilizations and city-states when they were at their height. Geeking about about lore for a minute here, we'd get:

- The Mhachi Black Mages in modern-day Yafaem (Weeping City). They would be the most likely antagonists of a story set during this time. They committed some pretty awful war crimes, such as unleashing the green death plague on Nym (Wanderer's Palace) and summoning powerful voidsent Diablos (Lost City of Amdapor) and Ferdiad (Amdapor Keep) to unleash on the White Mages of Amdapor. They also tried to build an ark powered by voidsent to escape the calamity, which backfired spectacularly and they ended up having to sacrifice a lot of their own mages to seal and then abandon when the voidsent were too powerful to control (Void Ark). The survivors went on to found the city-states of Ul'dah and Sil'dah, the latter of which was also destroyed because the descendants of the Mhachi weren't done committing war crimes just yet. Dunesfolk Lalafell, ya'll.

- The Amdapor White Mages in modern-day Black Shroud. I actually don't know too much about the White Mages during this time, even having played through the White Mage storyline. Most of what we know about is the Gelmorra (Tam-Tara Deepcroft, Thousand Maws of Toto-Rak, Palace of the Dead) and the Padjal (the human-like people with horns), who didn't organize until after the war. All we really know is that it was the White Mages who ultimately caused the Sixth Calamity. Good opportunity to expand a lot on them here, I suppose. I'm not even sure what the racial makeup of the White Mages were. Elezen, probably? Or Padjal, if they existed in Eorzea that long ago. Hyur didn't migrate to the continent until hundreds of years later.

- The Nymerian Scholars in modern-day La Noscea. The Floating City of Nym as we see it now in XIV still doesn't have an explanation for why it's floating and we've still never been able to travel there. A lot of people who don't play as a Scholar in XIV might also not know that the tonberries are survivors of Nym who were cursed by the Mhachi and went into self-imposed exile. They were Plainsfolk Lalafell before then. This would be a good opportunity to explore the city, explain how it came to be how it is now, and maybe even explore O'Ghomoro, the northern half of the island of Vylbrand. The furthest north we've been on Vylbrand is the kobold mines at the foot of the mountains that separate O'Ghomoro from La Noscea. Here's the region as it was shown in the 1.0 opening cinematic:

latest

Look at all that beautiful scenery that we still haven't visited it 10 years later!

Anyway, there's a ton of interesting threads to explore in that setting. There's a lot of lore here that hasn't been explored much in the game except in the form of ruins, artifacts, and journal entries. I think the War of the Magi is easily the most interesting time of Eorzea's history that would lend itself to being a self-contained spin-off game.

Don't think I'd be as intersted in an Allagan setting. Well, it would basically be a straight up sci-fi game. Only thing I can think of that could make an interesting game is the World of Darkness storyline with Emperor Xande. Was already touched on in the Crystal Tower raid, but that may be the only way we ever get to know more about that reflection since it was completely destroyed by the Ascians in their first botched attempt at a Rejoining.

Edit:
Game about
the fall of Amaurot
Oh, this could be good too.

Canucked

Comics Council 2020 & Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Give me FFXIV offline. I don't need a spin off. Just make some automated party members and I'll be back.

OP
OP
Kalentan

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017

Ra

Rap Genius
Oct 27, 2017
Dark Space
Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of Magi

Accept no substitutions.

Tell me that wouldn't be dope?

Deleted member 18021

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If someone made even just a demo of this, I'd be down.

So I've been playing through the post main quest of ARR and got to the point of someone fucking a dragon.
So is this just common FF14 stuff or what.

FFXIV's first dungeon has a sex dungeon in it.

It's never exactly shoving your face in its horniness, but it's always been there. Hang around Limsa (or don't, Limsa's a terrible place) and check out the ambient NPC dialogue, or just anything to do with the Miqo'te Seeker tribes.

Deleted member 2229

Oct 25, 2017
If someone made even just a demo of this, I'd be down.

FFXIV's first dungeon has a sex dungeon in it.

It's never exactly shoving your face in its horniness, but it's always been there. Hang around Limsa (or don't, Limsa's a terrible place) and check out the ambient NPC dialogue, or just anything to do with the Miqo'te Seeker tribes.

While I'm here, I have a wholely unrelated question. I ended up skipping a lot of dialogue at points because there's a lot of it and I just want to get to the expansions. At this point am I supposed to know much about Garlemald outside of that they Majora's Masked the world, are fascists and tried to capture primals to put into their mechagodzilla.

DjDeathCool

Oct 28, 2017
Bismarck, ND
I am all in on the world of Eorzea. XIV is one of my all time favorite video games ever made and the story, world and lore all play a very important part of what makes it so great. So I adore the idea...

My personal opinion of what I'd like to see...

It'd be cool to play as a fragment of the Warrior of Light on a shard before it was rejoined with the source. Could set up some super awesome characters and creative environments while also fleshing out the plot and lore for the main game at the same time.

ReginaldXIV

It's Pronounced "Aerith"
Nov 4, 2017
Minnesota
Nah, it's already kind of a single-player storyline as is. If anything for archiving purposes when the game inevitably dies they should make the completed story a single-player only game.

It'd just be weird to make a spin-off storyline when so much of the game is a love letter to the history of the franchise and one where NieR: Automata has a canonical follow-up storyline.

Deleted member 18021

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
While I'm here, I have a wholely unrelated question. I ended up skipping a lot of dialogue at points because there's a lot of it and I just want to get to the expansions. At this point am I supposed to know much about Garlemald outside of that they Majora's Masked the world, are fascists and tried to capture primals to put into their mechagodzilla.

That's about right.
The Empire takes a bit of a back seat in Heavensward (more immediate pressing matters for the Protags), but they do get explored more in Stormblood and its patches.

If you ever want to revisit old cutscenes, you can do so at any Inn room using The Unending Journey. It'll get you everything important.

Deleted member 2229

Oct 25, 2017
That's about right.
The Empire takes a bit of a back seat in Heavensward (more immediate pressing matters for the Protags), but they do get explored more in Stormblood and its patches.

If you ever want to revisit old cutscenes, you can do so at any Inn room using The Unending Journey. It'll get you everything important.
Thanks for the help! The current storyline I'm on was getting into a lot of their inner politics, lines of succession and whatnot and I was starting to feel like I missed something or that I should know these names. I'm glad that they even put in a way to re watch old cutscenes as I can imagine that'll come in handy.

So I've been playing through the post main quest of ARR and got to the point of someone fucking a dragon.
So is this just common FF14 stuff or what.
Yeah, and the cast is so nonchalant about it too

"The primal Shiva became revered for riding dragon cock."
"WoL, we gotta take down these dravanian cultists before they summon that dragon cock-loving tart."

JahIthBer

Jan 27, 2018
It would be awesome, but it's the same as Blizzard refusing to make any Warcraft SP games, they want you subbed to WoW instead, the FFXIV universe will stay MMO only, it's too profitable.

Synohan

Oct 25, 2017
A game set during the time of the Allagan Empire would be pretty cool. Preferably during the time when the followers of the Warring Triad and Bahamut were trying to take down the empire from the inside. As some have already mentioned, the War of the Magi would also be an interesting time to see play out. I really wonder if there is more to those Ampadori Statues and their relation to the more powerful Sin Eaters. Ampadors study of White Magic has me very curious. There's also the Elementals, who claimed to have caused the Calamity following the War of the Magi.

A game full of short stories would be pretty interesting too. Shadowhunter, Estinien after Final Steps of Faith. Maybe answer some of the unresolved mysteries like what really happened to the Isle of Val, which Eureka didn't fully explain. There's also the continuing discrepancies regarding Odin and his Allagan background after the Baldesion Arsenal. A taste of life in Garlemald and it's many Provinces is what i'd like to see, but I expect that to be touched more in 6.0. There could also be the potential issues arising between Hancock and Kugane. With the collaboration between Hancock and Rowena, they're using the Isle of Val/Eureka in order to bypass the high tariffs in Kugane.

Basically, there's a lot to work with if they ever have interest in a spin-off.

Deleted member 2229

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, and the cast is so nonchalant about it too

"The primal Shiva became revered for riding dragon cock."
"WoL, we gotta take down these dravanian cultists before they summon that dragon cock-loving tart."
I guess after your world gets destroyed by a mechanical moon with a dragon with it it becomes hard to be surprised by anything.

TwinBahamut

Jun 8, 2018
There are a lot of good options. I'd love to see a game starring a strong Echo-user where the story could really dive into the time-bending capabilities of that power. It would also be nice to see more of the Shards, or time periods like the often ignored Fourth Astral Era that we know almost nothing about. Or even just remote locales like Meracydia or the Western Continent.

Estinien character action game.
I would also accept this.
Alternatively, an action game starring Aymeric fighting enemies while riding on the back of Vedrfolnir as the "Azure Dragoon for a new age."

Lumination

Oct 26, 2017
Miss me with the MMO mechanics tbh. I'd buy a Pocket Edition-esque retelling since people rave about this one so much.

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
Not if it has the same type of 300 something quests i went through last week

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
I already play XIV as a mostly single-player game anyway.

I would not complain if they let Matsuno make an SRPG spinoff though :P

BasilZero

Oct 25, 2017
Omni
Yes.

I dont ever want to play a MMO but if its single player side story, I am fine with it - to understand the story - I'll just read up the lore or watch cutscenes on YouTube.