Would you go through a fully submerged water slide?

• Let's do it!

Votes: 27 11.8%
  • No fucking way!

Votes: 179 78.5%
  • Glug glug glug...

Votes: 22 9.6%

• Total voters

Rei Toei

Nov 8, 2017
I've been in that thing actually. Was pretty cool. Though there were all these urban myths that a fat kid got stuck in it once.

True star of Duinrell are those slides that blast you in those funnel-like constructs where you slowly lose speed unruly you drop out of them in the middle. Those are really dope.

shenden

Oct 27, 2017
No. I don't see the point, it don't seem fun at all. No risk and reward, just dumb risk that gets you nothing.

Jonnykong

Oct 27, 2017
The idea of doing it makes me feel ill, but I feel like if I was there then I'd want to do it to say that I did. I'd be too intrigued not to.

ArtTeitlebaum

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Europe
It's not a thrilling action slide, just a funny little gimmick getting from one pool to the other.
And as such its okay. I definitely would try it, once or twice.

grand

Oct 25, 2017
Even if it somehow avoided any safety concerns, I can't imagine it was popular since it invokes an instinctual human fear without any of the excitement.

RaphaBE

Banned
Sep 19, 2020
California
I swear we've had this thread, for the same water slide, with almost exactly the same title. Found it:

www.resetera.com

Would you go in this water slide?

It doesn't exist now but good god no. You enter and exit under water and get sucked through a filled pipe. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPAFr9EtAEE

Shadybiz

Oct 27, 2017
Nope! I smoked cigarettes for many years. I can hold my breath for over 15 seconds, but I don't trust myself enough to not start thinking that I might not make it, and then I'd start panicking, which will make it worse.

Doesn't even look fun.

Yeah this too. It probably sounds like a "Sour Grapes" kind of attitude, but I really don't see the appeal of this in the first place.

mhayes86

Oct 27, 2017
Maryland
I've seen this before, whether posted here or back on gaf, I think, and it's a definite no for me. Looks boring and would elevate my anxiety being stuck underwater.

Edit: Oh, the old thread was posted above. Knew I've seen it somewhere.

Soj

Oct 27, 2017
Same answer as the last time there was a thread about this:

Fuck
No

Dec 30, 2020
giphy.gif

SpiritDusk

May 5, 2024
No, but only because my ears are messed up and I get infections even if I'm underwater for a short period of time. It sucks.

Pirateluigi

Oct 27, 2017
After I nearly drowned a couple years ago, I get panic attacks in a hot tub. There's no way I could do this

Oct 26, 2017
You're underwater the whole time? No thanks. I'm not very good at holding my breath, especially in a moving environment like that.

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I think the idea of "you get completely submerged and flushed down this pipe" sounds like it could be cool, in reality the ride would have to be so short/low pressure that I think it couldn't be fun in practice without some breathing apparatus.

Seirith

Oct 25, 2017
No way in hell, I am terrified of water deeper than a hot tub. I can't even stand water in my face when I shower.

Sep 22, 2022
I dunno, it looks fun and terrifying both at the same time.

I can hold my breath pretty long, but then again...

Do you know these social situations where you're like "OK under how circumstances can I cough now", which is inevitably and every single time followed by the life ending urge to cough your lungs out like there's no tomorrow?

Somehow I feel I'd get that same urge about breathing to very moment I know I really can't (though admittedly that never happens during diving, so who knows)