• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Would you vaccinate?

• Yes

Votes: 1,250 79.7%
  • No

Votes: 319 20.3%

• Total voters

Hermii

Oct 27, 2017
If you got offered an effective vaccine today, that was approved by the EU/ whatever you have in the US.

Would you take it? Considering they may not have figured out all the side effects. Swine flu vaccine comes to mind.

I would absolutely inject it straight into my veins.

EJS

The Fallen
The Fallen
Oct 31, 2017
Yeah. COVID vaccine doesn't give me the confidence that the flu shot does but I am comfortable (I think) with the trial runs and I want to get back to normal as soon as possible. Hopefully I wouldn't grow a second head!

Foltzie

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Yes and I just volunteered for a phase 3 study. Hopefully I get picked. Happy to be a guinea pig for this purpose.

Oct 25, 2017
Absolutely, most of all because I am caring for my mom who is immunocompromised.

I hope the No-ers take a minute to think about people like my mom when the time comes.

ViewtifulJC

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nah imma wait it out and see if y'all turn into I Am Legend/werewolves/explosive diarrhea zombies after a few months

Puggles

Sometimes, it's not a fart
Nov 3, 2017
I'll wait. It's not like if I got the vaccine now I'd suddenly be able to go out to bars without a mask.

Roach

Nov 5, 2018
Yeah at this point with they way cases are trending I'm gonna get it regardless so might as well take the chance with a vaccine.

Dali

Oct 27, 2017
Absolutely, most of all because I am caring for my mom who is immunocompromised.

I hope the No-ers take a minute to think about people like my mom when the time comes.
I work from home and am basically quarantined by default. Until things are back to normal no reason for me to rush into taking a vaccine. Once things open up and we can go to movies and bars and congregate again I'd take it. That won't happen until probably closer to spring.

May 31, 2018
Ohio
Absolutely. My father is in a nursing home. I haven't been able to hug my father in nearly a year. Sure, we've seen one another, but I know this is affecting him, mentally more than others. It's been obvious that he's longing for that physical touch. He needs this, I need this. Anything that can help hasten that works for me.

Besides that, we all need to return to some kind of normalcy, whatever that may be. We can't exactly return to what we were before, because we need to try to prepare for what comes next, and hopefully be more aware of our effect upon the world.

If the line started today, I'd be happy to wait.

NeoKnight

Oct 28, 2017
Absolutely. I would have been willing to participated in trials to get the vaccine going, so of course now its even more developed and improved since then. Also, the side effects will likely still be less serious than the short and long term effects of getting Covid-19. Haven't heard anyone dying from the vaccine yet, but I have heard that from Covid.

Kromeo

Oct 27, 2017
I would anyway but there will have been 6 months + of widespread vaccine circulation before I'd even be offered it so even less worry about side effects by that point

subrock

Oct 27, 2017
Earth
I'd take an approved vaccine today. The nice thing about front line workers and vulnerable populations having first access is that all the people that want to wait and see will literally have to

Deleted member 1086

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Boise Area, Idaho
I want to say I'd wait a bit and see but I also am fairly high risk since I have asthma and these now daily record numbers are terrifying, so I don't know. If I could waltz into a Walgreens today and get it within a half hour or so I'd probably get it, if it was something I'd have wait in line for hours than nah I'll wait.

Johnny Blaze

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
DE
No.

I'm not in a risk group or have contact to risk groups. Someone else most certainly needs it more than me.

I can wait.

RadzPrower

One Winged Slayer
Jan 19, 2018
No, but with a caveat.

It's not that I'm afraid of the vaccine, it's that there are people other than myself who need it more and sooner than myself. If however, the supply was magically all available at once, I'd be happy to get one then.

Orb

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
The Pfizer vaccine distribution is going to be trialed in my state and I will be one of the first people in line if I can help it.

Foffy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'd wait, but that's not a "no." Just a "not right now." I feel voting no is a stern response against the vaccine. I'm not.

My concerns would be of an administration or a company hot shotting this. While the worries of the former appears to be not an issue anymore, it's the latter I worry about. I do not doubt the current assertions of its effectiveness, but we're talking about a vaccine that needs to be delivered on a scale never before seen, to a virus we're still learning more about. I imagine there's some risk, however little it may be, that there are variables outside of the testing trials that could play a role. That's what I'm waiting on. We also have to consider priority groups due to its distribution, as we're all probably unconsciously aware at present that America will look like a caste system as soon as this vaccine is distributed.

At present, my only social interactions are with stray cats outside, so this isn't me saying no while engaging in a way that puts others at risk. If that was the case I'd probably jump on board sooner despite my reservations. I'd wait at the worst, six months, but that was my take when Trump was hotshotting this as a panacea to normalcy (we're never getting our terrible normal back anyway y'all) so my views probably haven't changed shape as he's not out of office at this moment in time. I wouldn't even be surprised if it's because of his attitude that I've conditioned myself to be so withdrawn about it, and I am probably not alone in that collective brain rot.

Joe_Bush

Oct 27, 2017
Kansas
Yeah I tried to sign up for a trial back in July but I wasn't approved because I couldn't guarantee that I'd be living in the same area for the next 24 months and I'm still ready to take it. I work at a grocery store so I'd be happy just to have some peace of mind

cLOUDo

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
i vote no, just because i prefer wait a couple of months until i be fully confident in no side effects (i got a precondition)

Juturna

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yes, only because I have many risk factors that make my chances of surviving should I catch it be much lower than the average person. If not for that, I'd wait a bit.

Oct 25, 2017
I work from home and am basically quarantined by default. Until things are back to normal no reason for me to rush into taking a vaccine. Once things open up and we can go to movies and bars and congregate again I'd take it. That won't happen until probably closer to spring.
You could just reply to the thread instead of quoting the person worried about his mom dying to say no. :/

JJH

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Going to wait for that mid gen refresh while wait for the kinks to be worked out.

Yes I will.

MadScientist

Oct 27, 2017
As soon as it's available absolutely. I for one do not want this virus or any of my close family or friends to get it. I didn't know anyone who had the virus. Just this week two close people I know have it with symptoms. Always wear a mask and get that vaccine once available!

Others saying they'll wait as they don't go anywhere, that's not a great excuse. The only way to really make a dent in this virus spread is to get as many people vaccinated as possible! Yes, this vaccine was developed quickly but it's not like people just started making vaccines. If there were major side effects I think we'd have an idea at this point from the large scale trials that have already been run. I agree with experts that having enough vaccines won't be the problem but people just not getting it. Getting vaccinated doesn't just protect you but others as well.

Oct 25, 2017
Or I could reply directly to a comment that insinuated those that don't vaccinate immediately are putting people in danger. Oh wait... I think I did that.
Okay well awesome tough guy. You really showed me.

I'm telling people to think about people they come in contact with for whom this virus could be a death sentence, when the time comes for them to take the vaccine.

mhayes86

Oct 27, 2017
Maryland
Maybe, but leaning towards yes since high risk and health workers need it more. My wife is high risk, so even if she were to get vaccinated it would probably be best to avoid me bringing it into the house at all costs.

Brat-Sampson

Nov 16, 2017
These vaccines already exist in the form of millions upon millions of doses, just waiting on certification and acceptance. If they get accepted/certified, I'd be there day 1 given the option.

There's not going to be any 'kinks' being worked out, we're looking at the final products, unless they don't work in which case it's back to square 1.

P-MAC

Nov 15, 2017
I got a flu jab yesterday so I'm not sure if that's allowed or causes issues? But if it's allowed of course I would