• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Xando

Oct 28, 2017
Last edited:

Sabin

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah actually nvm i'm not getting a CE.

Its fucking 200€ and then there is also the shipping cost elephant in the room which are ...

image.png

Zej

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
account-wide bank and rep (for new factions)? that's some nice QOL stuff!

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
That crab mode is cool. Wonder if sound effects also get replaced, though they've already went beyond what a normal toggle would do.

Saiyaman

Dec 19, 2017
Oct 25, 2017
Cincinnati
WoW team has been killing it lately, everything about War Within sounds great. Warbands (or something similar) has been my biggest want for years, like 15 years. Took them long enough, but excited to check it out.

Komo

Info Analyst
Verified
Jan 3, 2019
I am super hyped for this new expac, praying that Blizzard doesn't fumble this in some way.

Yam's

Oct 27, 2017
Warband seems great. It's kinda crazy it took them so long to finally share reputation among alts, but better late than never. I like that they also let us choose whether we wanna share the map progression or not. And being able to unlock transmog even if you cannot wear the gear is really good.

Now I need to see what kind of content the game will have to offer, because DF just didn't have enough content for me once I stopped raiding. I didn't like the way it dealt with open world content either and thought it was more fun in previous expansions.

VeryHighlander

The Fallen
May 9, 2018
I didn't read much but I heard they are "fixing" the way stats work for wind walkers which alone makes me want to jump back in.

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
I didn't read much but I heard they are "fixing" the way stats work for wind walkers which alone makes me want to jump back in.
monks seem to finally be getting that long awaited rework. huge chunks of the class tree are different and with windwalker especially there seems to be a focus on reducing some button bloat

which they're hopefully doing for brewmaster too but, baby steps

VeryHighlander

The Fallen
May 9, 2018
monks seem to finally be getting that long awaited rework. huge chunks of the class tree are different and with windwalker especially there seems to be a focus on reducing some button bloat

which they're hopefully doing for brewmaster too but, baby steps
That's great to hear, brewmaster was extremely high APM in M+, although I did find their playstyle satisfying and fun. Monk finally getting some love is incredible.

Duxxy3

Oct 27, 2017
USA
Not looking forward to randomly losing access to flying to star off the expansion. I've really enjoyed Dragonflight since they brought back regular ass flying.

ArcticWolf

Nov 29, 2022
I might be misunderstanding this but it looks like the zones are sequential by having you going deeper and deeper rather than Cata & Beyonds "just go wherever next".

I really hope that's the case because I preferred that kind of world design for WoW of a breadcrumb trail from a start area to endgame. Vanilla, BC, Wrath, and Mists being that type of world layout.

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
I might be misunderstanding this but it looks like the zones are sequential by having you going deeper and deeper rather than Cata & Beyonds "just go wherever next".

I really hope that's the case because I preferred that kind of world design for WoW of a breadcrumb trail from a start area to endgame. Vanilla, BC, Wrath, and Mists being that type of world layout.
both shadowlands and dragonflight had a set leveling path for the first time through the campaign, it seems to be carried over here. alts are able to go wherever

BeI

Dec 9, 2017
Has there been any mention of whether any graphics upgrades will come with the new expansion?

Either way, I've been loving all the new QOL upgrades consistently coming.

Tommy Showbiz

Jul 20, 2022

View: https://i.imgur.com/xOBWIgq.jpeg

This screenshot of the war band login screen seems like such a huge missed opportunity. They're just standing around in a circle? You couldn't have like one of your characters sitting on a log or kneeling by the campfire? Anything?

The dynamic flying mount options are super cool though.

Mr Swine

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Sweden
Not really feeling this expansion. Feels like the hero talents are like the other tacked in "talent" stuff in previous expansions. And with are they making a new dwarf race when people have been asking for other races -_-

elenarie

Game Developer
Verified
Jun 10, 2018
Oct 25, 2017
Cincinnati

View: https://i.imgur.com/xOBWIgq.jpeg

This screenshot of the war band login screen seems like such a huge missed opportunity. They're just standing around in a circle? You couldn't have like one of your characters sitting on a log or kneeling by the campfire? Anything?

The dynamic flying mount options are super cool though.

Can always add more flair to it over time, just be happy it exists at all if you ask me.

Bengraven

Oct 26, 2017
Florida
I can't lie. I've been a bit hands off when it came to WoW due to several of the well publicized issues from game quality to creator quality. But I'm such a sheep that the Metzen speech already had me preordering WW despite having skipped Legion and BFA, bailed out of SL halfway through, and skipped DF.

Warbands? I've wanted that since day 1. That alone works for me.

EDIT:

Hold the fuck on. MY GROUND MOUNTS can fly now!?

ArcticWolf

Nov 29, 2022
both shadowlands and dragonflight had a set leveling path for the first time through the campaign, it seems to be carried over here. alts are able to go wherever

That's good to know as it absolutely killed my interest on three ocassions trying to get back into WoW up to BfA. I need that sweet delayed gratification of world exploration!

terrible1fi

Jun 4, 2019
I really wish the game would add native controller support like ff14. I really want to play but can't due to wrist pain from mouse and keyboard 😭

This new expansion looks awesome 👏

Grain Silo

Dec 15, 2017
The level up questing greens in this expac are WILDLY good-looking.

I really wish the game would add native controller support like ff14. I really want to play but can't due to wrist pain from mouse and keyboard 😭

This new expansion looks awesome 👏

It actually does have native controller support! ...But it isn't great on its own. I highly recommend a mod called Console Port: https://www.curseforge.com/wow/addons/console-port, which makes it much better. I haven't done it myself yet but folks have had great success playing WoW on Steam Deck with this addon.

nottabot

Mar 15, 2023
I am being very cautious around this one. Blizzard has changed leadership numerous times and the game has still proceeded the same. There's another thread floating around concurrent to this one claiming Microsoft is letting Blizzard operate largely independently, indicating that these changes aren't exactly coming from elsewhere.

People get hyped every expansion and then (almost always) end it disappointed, repeating the same cycle for the next one. Dragonflight seems to have been a change, but I'm going to be holding off until at least a few months into this one.

I also really don't like what WoW has become, with addons and meta-gaming largely driving people forward. Seeing things like Plunderstorm not allow addons gives me hope.

TL;DR: Things seem to be getting better, but for this salty early-WoW vet they aren't there yet. With all the changes in the world I'm not sure they can capture the same magic while still having addons in the game at the level they are currently. Things are looking up... but Blizzard still has a lot to prove to me to get me back.