Status
Not open for further replies.

Zach

Oct 25, 2017
It weird to see them fall from grace. It's like they don't even know what they are doing. Macho Man is feuding with Dennis Rodman for no reason? Hulk is Champ. The mid card is where all the action is at. All the main event stuff is bad.
Just wait until Eddie, Malenko, Benoit, and Saturn leave. Yikes for dayz.

Luschient

Oct 30, 2017
while this is more of a dommy thing people pay to get stretched or whatever.
stuheartisshockedzbun6.gif

Zach

Oct 25, 2017
Typo. I meant Bobby. As in Bobby Eaton. Who could forget his defection to the WWF in 2000? What a run!

klonere

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
I would trade all the translation done for NJPW right now in exchange for a fully translated Doi Darts segment.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
Meltzer on his podcast today:

"They're not making more money than they were making before the network, but next year they're gonna make more! Of course, last year I said next year they're gonna make more and they didn't."

klonere

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
I'm really glad NJPW is trying to subtitle stuff more (especially for acts that really need promos to come across like LIJ) but I would kill to have DDT fully translated.

I was going to edit that to say "except Himoru" because you are right that it helps that type of performer come across even better.

And yeah I imagine DDT would be just as good a case for translation as DG.

Zach

Oct 25, 2017
Meltzer on his podcast today:

"They're not making more money than they were making before the network, but next year they're gonna make more! Of course, last year I said next year they're gonna make more and they didn't."
Big Wrassle's gonna be rolling in dough after some sweet, sweet corporate tax cutz.

Avengers23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm going to assume that TJP is anti-vax as well. I feel extremely comfortable making that baseless assumption because he comes across as that fucking stupid and contrarian for the sake of being contrarian.

ArmsofSleep

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Washington DC
TJP is like that one kid you knew in middle school who would always have a ridiculous contrarian argument to everything and absolutely nothing to back it up but absurd what-aboutisms.

THE GUY

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Make...Cesaro (?) look strong?
The irony of make Roman look strong is that he's often making his opponents look strong. You basically come out of a Reigns match better than you did before.

The only person he hasn't done that for in the past two and a half years, funnily enough, is John Cena. But that's also why that match is satisfying.

Sephzilla

Herald of Stoptimus Crime
Oct 25, 2017
I'm going to assume that TJP is anti-vax as well. I feel extremely comfortable making that baseless assumption because he comes across as that fucking stupid and contrarian for the sake of being contrarian.
Given that he's a fountain of bad opinions and knowledge, he's probably a flat-earther too

ArmsofSleep

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Washington DC
The irony of make Roman look strong is that he's often making his opponents look strong. You basically come out of a Reigns match better than you did before.

Yeah, he does already sort of nail the John Cena thing of "his opponent usually feels like a big deal when in the ring with him." I mean, Bray tagging with Roman felt like a bigger moment than Bray winning the fucking WWE championship.

Professor Beef

Official ResetEra™ Chao Puncher
Oct 25, 2017
The Digital World
"witch hunt" people

just shut the FUCK UP, tjp
Yeah, he does already sort of nail the John Cena thing of "his opponent usually feels like a big deal when in the ring with him." I mean, Bray tagging with Roman felt like a bigger moment than Bray winning the fucking WWE championship.
man that fingergun spot was so fucking good

i was crushed when bray got injured afterwards

THE GUY

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The problem with Cena back in the day was going into a match with him was basically a death sentence. He didn't make guys look good. That's only changed in recent years where he's been a supporting act.

Reigns already been doing that since the beginning and that's what you want. Strowman commented on this too where he credits the dude for taking time out and working with him in a way which benefits both guys rather than just one guy.

More wrestlers need to have the mentality of doing what's best for both guys. You look better if your opponent also looks good.

Mahonay

Oct 25, 2017
Pencils Vania
Watching this Joe/Ambrose match, holy shit Ambrose just moves so damn slowly and listlessly around the ring. You would think with being so trimmed down he would move quicker than before.

Thank god Joe beat him.

Zach

Oct 25, 2017
The only person he hasn't done that for in the past two and a half years, funnily enough, is John Cena. But that's also why that match is satisfying.

I looked this up because I wasn't sure if I watched it.

John Cena fought Roman Reigns. Cena performed an Attitude Adjustment on Reigns for a near fall. Reigns performed a Superman Punch on Cena for a near fall. Cena executed a Super Attitude Adjustment on Reigns for another near fall. Reigns performed a Spear on Cena through an announce table and scored a near-fall. Cena performed two consecutive Attitude Adjustments on Reigns for another near fall. In the climax, Reigns executed a Superman Punch and a Spear on Cena to win the match. Afterwards, Cena showed respect and endorsed Reigns.

He he he. Sounds bad. But this write-up. Who does this? I want to know about the Wikipedia editor. I must know this person.

Sephzilla

Oct 25, 2017
The problem with Cena back in the day was going into a match with him was basically a death sentence. He didn't make guys look good. That's only changed in recent years where he's been a supporting act.

Reigns already been doing that since the beginning and that's what you want. Strowman commented on this too where he credits the dude for taking time out and working with him in a way which benefits both guys rather than just one guy.

More wrestlers need to have the mentality of doing what's best for both guys. You look better if your opponent also looks good.
You know what, this is something I'll definitely agree with. Roman does a better of job of making his opponents look like big deals than Cena did during his prime.

Sephzilla

Oct 25, 2017
I currently can't think of any major Roman feud where his opponent didn't come out looking good in the end. I can list multiple Cena feuds where Cena basically left a guy's career in pieces though

Mahonay

Oct 25, 2017
Pencils Vania
LOL Elias doing his bit in front of the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame was great. Always nice when WWE actually do something a little different, rather than their usual strict, unwavering weekly production plans.

ArmsofSleep

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Washington DC
I currently can't think of any major Roman feud where his opponent didn't come out looking good in the end. I can list multiple Cena feuds where Cena basically left a guy's career in pieces though

What's funny is I think Cena was really good with limited opponents (even pulling out entertaining stuff with people like Great Khali) but yeah he did tend to win in dumb ways. The Rusev and Bray feuds are good examples.

Status
Not open for further replies.