Nov 1, 2017
dTQ9f29.jpg

Developer: Kuro Games
Platforms: PC, iOS, Android
Price: Free to Play
Release Date: May 22, 2024
Download Link: https://wutheringwaves.kurogames.com/en/

tFYRI6K.png

Wuthering Waves is an Open World Action RPG brought too you by the developers of Punishing Gray Raven. The game takes place in a post apocalyptic world in which most of humanity has been wiped out by the calamity known as the Lament. You play as the Rover, a mysterious Resonator who has lost their memory. Together with other Resonators, you will ventured out into the world to uncover your true identity and the mysteries surrounding the Lament and the disasters that it left in it's wake.

giphy-downsized-large.gif
giphy-downsized-large.gif

82nLrZj.png

Wuthering Waves features very fast pace, stylist and combo heavy combat. Launchers, air combos, perfect dodges and even parries. The game has all the mechanics of a modern character action game. You make a team of up to 3 characters and can repeatedly switch between them to keep combos going. Every character has a skill, a super and a "Forte" which is a mechanic unique to them. While Wuthering Waves has RPG elements with stats and whatnot, it is first and foremost a skill base action game. Memorizing enemies attack patterns and making effective use of dodges and parries is key to victory in harder content.

giphy.gif
8mgz5TA.gif

J4e3wWS.png

The game has a monster collecting aspect called Echoes. Every time that you defeat a monster, they have a chance to drop their Echoe. Equipping an Echoe on a resonator's main Echoe slot allows them to transform into the monster that the Echoe belongs too to perform a unique attack. Echoes also act as the resonators "gear" for they have stat boosting properties.

giphy.gif
giphy.gif

TLGHfFb.png

Individuals with the ability to resonate with certain objects and manipulate their frequencies are known as "Resonators". These individuals exhibit unique "Resonance Abilities", also known as their "Fortes", through the "Tacet Mark" on their bodies. A Resonator's abilities are often influenced by their past experiences and subconscious mind.

LjNhnLG.jpeg
JvFYuwt.png
Pw77Mn2.png
TvUNyTP.png
bGpcppi.png
fiKWFKO.png
Mb9MhkC.png
nAZXvUN.png
YRYR2Ne.png
sgBXKys.png
tRhTmDE.png
yViJaX5.png

kTLSR6w.png
2Yd9T8a.png
EOV2ZsC.png
hqPIRfA.png

fWo57z8.png

HfIJcm6.png

U7NhTZM.png

nEPRaUS.png

Xx53Dwj.png

MJyFLiB.png

M69G2Em.png

DjCNo4E.png

FAQ:

Q: Will the game eventually come out on consoles?
A: A PS4 and PS5 version have been confirmed but there are no release date has of yet. A Mac version is also in the works.

Q: How does the Gacha work?
A: Refer to this page

Q: Is there multiplayer?
A: Yes. The game can be played in co-op. There is no PVP.

Q: Is there an annoying mascot character that follows you around?
A: Nope!

Last edited:

Tsunami561

Mar 7, 2023
Can I skip entire conversations without having to annoyingly click through and being forced to watch half the animations regardless like in genshin?

orochi91

Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Combat looks incredible.

That + the monster collection aspect should be a winning formula, assuming they can also put forth good cutscenes and story~

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Here's the microtransaction list from the App Store. These amounts might look slightly familiar if you have played Genshin Impact.

kyoiwZd_d.webp

Nostradamus predictions:

$4.99 Lunite Subscription = Welkin Moon = Almost assuredly 30 days of 90 primogems lunites a day as long as you log in
$9.99 Insider Channel = Gnostic Hymn Battle Pass
$10 Upgrade to Connoisseur / $19.99 Connoisseur = Gnostic Chorus = 10 levels on the Battle Pass + Some aesthetic thing probably

Satoru

Jan 4, 2023
''Q: Is there an annoying mascot character that follows you around?
A: Nope!''
Lmao, love this!
I will definitely try it on PS5, maybe they can release by the end of the year

thoughtloop

Apr 9, 2022
so.... who to reroll?
Whoever you like best! You'll be receiving a standard 5-star selector (so anyone other than the first two 5* banner characters) in addition to whoever you get on the beginner banner. Some folks are shooting for Calcharo and Verina. Verina is the only 5* healer at launch. And Cal just does bonkers damage. There's not really a "bad" launch 5* character.

Busaiku

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Will try it, but with all the negatives reported from CBT2, doubt I'll stick with it.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
Worried about the localization, even the damn launch stream had messed up localization lol.

Viken

Teyvat Traveler
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The presentation last night was outright horrible but I'll still try the game.
I don't know why the English livestream was so bad. It was terrible.

I'm going to give it a go to see how it changed since I played the last beta, and to test out the controller support since I wasn't able to last time.
If I stick, it will be as a F2P player

thoughtloop

Apr 9, 2022
Will try it, but with all the negatives reported from CBT2, doubt I'll stick with it.
Localization tester here! I can't talk about what I played a few weeks back, but content creators have some recent videos that break down the huge amount of things that changed since CBT2. And talk about what further subsequent changes will be available at launch. Game may still not be your cup of tea, but it's changed a crazy amount since CBT2. Kuro has been listening to player feedback.

Renteka-Bond

Chicken Chaser
Dec 28, 2017
Clearwater, Florida
Hoping for Yinlin and Encore (had no idea she was Regulus' VA in the eng dub!) but otherwise not too pressed on who I get.

Hoping the story isn't too a abysmally paced. It's already at a disadvantage because I'm admittedly tired of the "vaguely Chinese aesthetic mixed with proper noun exposition dump" style of storytelling (Liyue was incredibly boring) and this one starts with that. The bar is in hell though, since it can't possibly have worse writing than Genshin.

They showed off what will probably be the mascot at the end of the trailer, they probs just don't dump it on you immediately.

Also, they did Havian dirty in the EN stream 😭

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not worried about the gameplay, world, systems, etc. These are things I have faith in Kuro about.

What I am worried about is the content pipeline. Hoyo is an absolute beast, with thousands of employees and a successful track record of consistent, high quality updates every six weeks. That is NOT easy in an open world game.

SpookySpice

Teyvat Traveler
Nov 22, 2019
Definitely giving this a try! Want Jiyan so I will play a bunch at launch for the currency.

Aeana

Oct 25, 2017
I'm here for Yuanwu.

Verina looks like she's going to be one of those busted supports that shapes the game for a long time.

Skel1ingt0n

Oct 28, 2017
How miserable is the fast paced combat on an iPhone or iPad's touch screen?

Oh, also: Is there a server choice beyond just continent selection?

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Very nice OT and great OT title! :)
Wished I could join everyone trying this out on console, but I gotta wait. Star Rail flashbacks, lol.

Fuhgeddit

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
I'd love to give this a try on PS5 at the same time also worried about getting sucked into a game like this, lol.

Busaiku

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Localization tester here! I can't talk about what I played a few weeks back, but content creators have some recent videos that break down the huge amount of things that changed since CBT2. And talk about what further subsequent changes will be available at launch. Game may still not be your cup of tea, but it's changed a crazy amount since CBT2. Kuro has been listening to player feedback.
Here's hoping.
Since it's not coming to PS5, can only play on mobile.
It wasn't awful, based on my limited experience in CBT2, but it's definitely pushing the boundaries.

If they were able to fix the bulk of the issues in about a month, that does give me faith, but a lot of the CBT1 problems seemed to carry into CBT2, so I am skeptical.

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
Going to try this on my IPad but wish it atleast came out on PS5.

Just a reminder: PS5 version is PC ultra maxed out settings. No idea how they gonna surpas that on PS5 Pro. There is still a PS4 version but no idea why. Supporting a dead (starting its inevitable eath period) platform that many will abandon soon for a game to last year is really weird and tbh kinda dumb. Hoyo realized that and dropped PS4 for HSR and next games.

Last edited:

Rahfiki

Oct 28, 2017
Kudos to the dude cosplaying Yangyang but it was at that moment I knew this livestream was gonna be a ride lol

It's really kinda wild how little information they actually conveyed and how much time they spent on pointless mini-games. I'd love to know what the thought process was behind opening with random trivia for a game that isn't even out yet and following that with "haha who ate the wasabi look at the funny faces they're making" lmao. Unironically one of the worst launch streams I've ever seen but if they listen to feedback like they have with the game itself I'm sure it'll never be that bad again

ash32121

Oct 27, 2017
Man, I gotta laugh at the combat gif in OP using what a character that look like Sephiroth,

For all the flashy shit he did in what feel like 10s, the boss health bar looks like it just got tickle lmao, and the level difference is 5. It looks good, but I'm hoping this is not a grind fest every time I want to do weekly/daily

Oghuz

Oct 27, 2017
Q: Will the game eventually come out on consoles?
A: A PS4 and PS5 version have been confirmed but there are no release date has of yet. A Mac version is also in the works.

I guess I'll start with mobile until the PS5 version comes out. I expect no issues with transferring the account from mobile to PS5 unlike Honkai Starrail. That shit still annoys me.

Turom

Apr 14, 2021
France
I tried PGR by the same developer and the combat gameplay didn't click at all for me, been playing its competitor Aether Gazer a lot and still enjoying it.

I'll try this one and I hope the combat is not weird again..

OP
OP
CrazyHal

CrazyHal

Nov 1, 2017
Man, I gotta laugh at the combat gif in OP using what a character that look like Sephiroth,

For all the flashy shit he did in what feel like 10s, the boss health bar looks like it just got tickle lmao, and the level difference is 5. It looks good, but I'm hoping this is not a grind fest every time I want to do weekly/daily

I made the gif from this video.

View: https://youtu.be/mnay96gpM2U?si=8n5nRLRM90lZZjKt

The fight only last 3 minutes and half. Also note that they are not even switching characters so they're not doing optimal damage.

Last edited:

trailmix16

Oct 26, 2017
i read farming 'artifacts' is annoying in this because they may not even drop? did that change from cbt?