• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

SnatcherHunter

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017

He seems like a good source. He used to work in past WWE games and he recently made a few videos explaining what happend with 2K20.

I am not surprised at all. After 2K20, I knew there was no way they would have a 2K21 so fast without rebuilding the whole engine.

Send me to Empty Arena matches for 2K22 if old.

Oct 25, 2017
WWE All Stars 2

Slight spoiler: the game already exists, its on mobile and has current stars in the All Stars format and art style.

Soap

Oct 27, 2017
It's for the best. This game needs a loooong break. I am talking a proper four year development cycle... That will never happen though.

Bane

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
This reminds me of how badly I wanted WWE Immortals from Netherrealm to get a console release instead of just being on mobile.

Derachi

Oct 27, 2017
There has never been a better time for a new Kinnikuman game hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha i wish

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
There has never been a better time for a new NES Pro Wrestling

(Is something I've been saying for the past decade)

Kunka Kid

Oct 27, 2017
Definitely for the best if it means they can actually make some improvements. It seemed like even die-hards couldn't defend 2k20.

I'm cautiously interested in something more arcadey though.

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
Gimme All Stars 2 for Switch! I wanna see caricature versions of current roster talent. Otis, epecially. Match him with Bastion Booger.

Oct 27, 2017
Over the top arcade wrestling is the best wrestling. Is amazing how we don't get more of that and instead we simulation heavy bullshit based on what is essentially over the top live circus theater. It doesn't really make sense. These characters are pretty much superheroes in the ring and that's how these games should be.

atomsk

Oct 28, 2017
dude hasn't worked there in a decade, had a couple youtube videos get decent views and is suddenly an expert on what's going on.

not saying he doesn't have sources, but huge grain of salt.

in any event, the 2K earnings call in May is where the game usually gets confirmed, but given the current environment, who knows if that even happens on the usual schedule.

VC is still hiring right now for WFH positions for all studios ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

biggest issue would be not having done face scans during WrestleMania weekend like they usually do.

Indiana Jones

Oct 27, 2017
Ehhhh this guy isn't a credible source. He's an actor who used the WWE 2K20 backlash to start a YouTube channel.

OP
OP
SnatcherHunter

SnatcherHunter

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
dude hasn't worked there in a decade, had a couple youtube videos get decent views and is suddenly an expert on what's going on.

not saying he doesn't have sources, but huge grain of salt.

in any event, the 2K earnings call in May is where the game usually gets confirmed, but given the current environment, who knows if that even happens on the usual schedule.

VC is still hiring right now for WFH positions for all studios ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

biggest issue would be not having done face scans during WrestleMania weekend like they usually do.

Yeah, is important to remember this as a rumour for now.
I honestly be surprised IF there was a 2K21 this Fall.

shaneo632

Weekend Planner
Oct 29, 2017
Wrexham, Wales
It's for the best really. The series has needed a year off for a long damn time and while I doubt this will result in the desired changes I can't imagine putting out a 2K21 in this climate would really result in a quality game.

_zoipi

One Winged Slayer
Nov 23, 2017
Madrid
All those kids are gonna go crazy over those wrestlers nobody knows

AEW Dynamite had a very respectable audience before the Steve Corino, and they're very loyal. All In was a huuuuge hit even with virtually being an indie show, and the PPVs Double Or Nothing, All Out, Full Gear and REVOLUSGIOUAHN were very well followed. AEW has a chance to have a videogame, just not expect to instantly sell as much as WWE 2K's figures. Also, if they reuse the AKI engine, lots of fans of No Mercy will get into even if they don't know who Kenny Omega and the Young Bucks are, which they also appeared as a main attraction of E3 some years ago and weren't precisely alone.

Foffy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Unless they rapidly buy a soon to release wrestling game to have ir rebranded or make a huge branded DLC for Fire Pro Wrestling Pro, this year won't have an AEW game.

I think Fire Pro Wrestling World is on its last upcoming DLC release. They're basically giving the community the keys to the franchise with a part maker and move maker DLC. And I mean like, the literal tools the developers use to make assets.

Empyrean Cocytus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Upstate NY
I think Fire Pro Wrestling World is on its last upcoming DLC release. They're basically giving the community the keys to the franchise with a part maker and move maker DLC. And I mean like, the literal tools the developers use to make assets.

Hopefully they'll add entrance/move customization for existing wrestlers... It sucks to add all these themes and then have to copy the wrestler to use them.

Foffy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully they'll add entrance customization for existing wrestlers... It sucks to add all these themes and then have to copy the wrestler to use them.

If you have it on PC, you can edit existing downloads without copying them via mods, which streamlines the process. Unless it's been removed, that same mod package includes a music theme database, though some things have been removed from it (custom textures were removed as a function when the parts maker DLC came out because it does the same thing).

Patitoloco

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Well, didn't they skip the first year of next-gen consoles last time around? Wouldn't it be the same situation?

Empyrean Cocytus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Upstate NY
If you have it on PC, you can edit existing downloads without copying them via mods, which streamlines the process. Unless it's been removed, that same mod package includes a music theme database, though some things have been removed from it (custom textures were removed as a function when the parts maker DLC came out because it does the same thing).

Yeah I'm on PS4, so :(

Stooge

Oct 29, 2017
I feel like we already had this thread and this guy is a questionable source.

Wouldn't shock me though. The last game was horrible looking.

steveovig

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know why they don't just do a new AKI game. There seems to be enough of a demand for it. I'm not a WWE fan and have only bought one wrestling game in the last 15 years but I would buy a new WWE AKI game first day.

_zoipi

One Winged Slayer
Nov 23, 2017
Madrid
I don't know why they don't just do a new AKI game. There seems to be enough of a demand for it. I'm not a WWE fan and have only bought one wrestling game in the last 15 years but I would buy a new WWE AKI game first day.
AKI is now SynSophia and busy making Style Savvi for the Switch.

ramoisdead

Oct 25, 2017
If it's not WWE All Stars 2, then get Fire Pro Wrestling World or wait for the upcoming AEW video game.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
i bet they do a rushed All Stars 'remastered' release or sommit

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
There has never been a better time for Rumble Roses XXX

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I don't know why people really want another AKI out of sheer nostalgia, the games were cool at the time but I don't think that they have aged that well at all, at least the yuke's games from the ps2 - ps3 were games with more options and as fun.

Even from a "technical" point of view the Fire Pro Wrestling games are better than the AKI ones, so they don't have the edge there either