• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DrewFu

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Apr 19, 2018
That's where I'm at at this point.

Wonder what USA expects from RAW and from NXT. Sounds like FOX wants significantly above 2.2 million for SD. If it keeps dropping, we could see below that before the end of the year. But maybe that's just wishful thinking.

I'm not actually sure I want WWE's shows to get cancelled, as it might cripple the industry.
If WWE goes down, the industry is likely completely dead to the general public.

Personally I don't want the WWE to fall - I just want it to not be complete shit.

PHOENIXZERO

Oct 29, 2017
I wouldn't read a lot into the AEW drop given the competition, we'll see where it is when there's a lack of strong competition.

LOL at Raw's rating, what game is it going against next week?

sir_crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit that drop.

Have they ever decreased that much in one show?

Just double checked, the record is actually this year. They went from 2.84M to 2.14M with no football competition for this years rumble go-home show.

That main event last night was about as bad as it gets.

Thankfully I haven't watched raw in 4 years lol. I find out how bad it is vicariously through dave/bryan and through era posters.

DrewFu

Banned
Apr 19, 2018
On a side note, I wonder how USA feels about the commentators on Raw constantly talking about FOX, FOX execs and SD now that it isn't on USA anymore. It's annoying as hell as a viewer, I can only imagine how USA feels about it.

sir_crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
On a side note, I wonder how USA feels about the commentators on Raw constantly talking about FOX, FOX execs and SD now that it isn't on USA anymore. It's annoying as hell as a viewer, I can only imagine how USA feels about it.

It was a draft show so they shouldn't care.

If they're doing it next week however...

sir_crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
They were doing it last week too.

Last week was the hype up to the show and WWE having to get the channel change over, I'm sure USA understand that. From now on the only time Raw commentators should mention Fox regularly is if they have another draft or if there's a survivor series coming up (so expect it soon lol).

That said I wonder if they'll still do a raw vs smackdown gimmick for survivor series, would either network want to "Lose" and be considered as the B show? Even if we all know Raw is now the B show...

DrewFu

Banned
Apr 19, 2018
Last week was the hype up to the show and WWE having to get the channel change over, I'm sure USA understand that. From now on the only time Raw commentators should mention Fox regularly is if they have another draft or if there's a survivor series coming up (so expect it soon lol).

That said I wonder if they'll still do a raw vs smackdown gimmick for survivor series, would either network want to "Lose" and be considered as the B show? Even if we all know Raw is now the B show...
Good question. lol

Jmdajr

Oct 25, 2017

Hmmmm

nenned

Oct 27, 2017
Patriots vs. Jets. Let's hope it's a close one.

It doesn't really have to be. New York and Boston are 2 of WWE's biggest territories, but the Pats are HUGE in Boston. No Pats fan will watch Raw over the Pats, especially with the Pats having an undefeated season and going against a division rival. Numbers in Boston for next week should be rough. Could impact New York/New Jersey (prob WWE's biggest market) as well if the game is competative.

Snake Eater

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
2.52M
2.31M
1.99M

Average roughly 2.27.

e30.jpg

Chrome Hyena

Oct 30, 2017
And because you didn't like it, there's no way the show does over 1.0? 😒
Well it seems to keep going down so you tell me. WWE is dropping and people assume it's cause WWE is just sorry ( a lot of it is). BUT AEW, the savior of wrestling, is also not lighting the world on fire even as a new product, despite all the stans and fans pushing it hard and it still managed to drop significantly. I think wrestling vis is just niche now, and AEW will be even more niche than WWE. And as such yeah I imagine it will generally be below A million views with a show or two going over, just like how WWE has spikes every so often but generally stays around the same and even down a tick.

Mingoguaya

Oct 30, 2017
Well it seems to keep going down so you tell me. WWE is dropping and people assume it's cause WWE is just sorry ( a lot of it is). BUT AEW, the savior of wrestling, is also not lighting the world on fire even as a new product, despite all the stans and fans pushing it hard and it still managed to drop significantly. I think wrestling vis is just niche now, and AEW will be even more niche than WWE. And as such yeah I imagine it will generally be below A million views with a show or two going over, just like how WWE has spikes every so often but generally stays around the same and even down a tick.
The drop was expected. They are overachieving, because TNT actually thought that they would be in the 0.5 to 0.65 range at best, and they are doing 1.x+ weekly rating. I think that they should surpass the 1.12 they did last week.

Chrome Hyena

Oct 30, 2017
The drop was expected. They are overachieving, because TNT actually thought that they would be in the 0.5 to 0.65 range at best, and they are doing 1.x+ weekly rating. I think that they should surpass the 1.12 they did last week.
Also I want to be clear. I hope it stays around. It's good to have competition. WWE was at its best when WCW was kicking their ass and reading their results.

Sweeney Swift

User Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
#IStandWithTaylor
*The most optimistic expectations from TNT and AEW for AEW's biggest show (its first TNT show) end up consistently exceeded, being almost a third of what it's consistently gotten every week so far*

WWEERA: "all is lost lmfao pack it up losers"

Deleted member 23212

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
*The most optimistic expectations from TNT and AEW for AEW's biggest show (its first TNT show) end up consistently exceeded, being almost a third of what it's consistently gotten every week so far*

WWEERA: "all is lost lmfao pack it up losers"
Yeah, like TNT and AEW are just going to be happy if ratings continue to drop because the first few weeks were high. I'm pretty sure they want long-term success.

Deleted member 19218

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It needs to drop the corny storylines and change itself, I'd suggest it actually starts becoming a real contact sport and move away from scripted outcomes.

Sweeney Swift

User Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
#IStandWithTaylor
NXT 712k

AEW 1.014mil, remains consistently in the mil+ range, remains over double what TNT wanted the average episode to get, and it's even in the top 5 for the day now!
(To repeat a line below for the slow ones here: over double the network expectations, in a business where the most watched show in the country with decades in the timeslot only gets 3 million viewers. For the really really slow ones here, and I know they're here: Very Good. V e r y G o o d)

Also remains over double what NXT got in the 18-49 demo. Anth0ny lol at this

RBH

Official ERA expert on Third Party Football
Nov 2, 2017
NXT dropping like a rock since its debut in September:

Final-Cable-2019-Oct-16-WED.png

Status
Not open for further replies.