• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Altairre

Oct 25, 2017
Iyo had no memorable matches or feuds because all of her actual major feuds were largely against Bianca, who never makes anyone else look good, because she always has to get her shit in, even if it makes no sense and makes others look terrible. Look at Iyo in NXT, she was over as hell, and a huge draw for the show. And her segments do incredibly well on the main roster viewership wise as well. As for charisma, she's better as a loner than in a stable. Look at how they presented her with that promo segment she did two weeks before Mania. If they present her as a badass worldbeater (like they did in NXT) instead of a chickenshit heel, she would be one of WWE's most over stars. And Charlotte rarely has good matches these days, because she puts forth only the bare minimum unless she's either pissed at management and wants to prove them wrong, or is going over.

Meanwhile Liv can't cut a single promo without sounding completely inauthentic, and has pretty much no charisma at all, on top of being pretty fucking below average in the ring despite wrestling for so long. The fact that you are implying Iyo has no charisma and her reign was bad was her fault is fucking laughable, when she's shown what she can do in NXT and literally any other promotion. Meanwhile Liv Morgan has shown why she SHOULDN'T be champion, for the better part of like four or five years at this point.
Not to mention that I think Iyo's work against Bayley was good an people did care. She was over against Bianca at Backlash last year and the match was fantastic, she was over when she won MitB and the match (particularly the ending) was fantastic and she was over when she cashed in. They just did a poor job capitalizing on it until she lost the title in the match against Bayley (which was fantastic and my match of the show). Dmg ctrl being kind a jobber faction certainly didn't help. All of the people invovled in that deserve better.

Curt Baboon

Avenger
Mar 13, 2018

View: https://x.com/MATTHARDYBRAND/status/1780065063191122066

I guess Matt will be part of this Uncle Howdy bullshit with Rowan and Braun? I mean, on one hand that sounds horrible, on the other hand, I guess Bo wants to honor Bray so I'm torn :(

If this sucks as much as the last time they tried this storyline the overall reception is going to be so awkward. I get wanting to pay tribute to Bray's legacy but this shit was terrible while he was doing it and adding Matt Hardy into the mix doesn't really fill me with confidence this won't be even worse.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
This looks more like Matt trying to push himself into the rumoref wyatt 6 than him being considered

IMG-20240416-WA0010.jpg

Last edited:

DarkstarIV

Feb 21, 2018
Giulia and WWE update, per Fightful:

On Monday morning, Rossy Ogawa announced his new promotion, Marigold, in a press conference. Among the talents introduced for the promotion was Giulia, who has long been expected to be a part of the launch of Rossy's venture.

Fightful Select's Corey Brennan has learned from sources close to the situation that Giulia is expected to work at least "a handful" of matches in Marigold before hopefully reporting to the WWE Performance Center in late June/early July.

Brennan has also learned from sources in NXT production and creative that while WWE could obtain the rights to Giulia's current theme music, there are currently no plans to do so at this time. As far as presentation goes, Brennan has also learned that Giulia is currently planned to keep her ring name in WWE.

As far as when fans can expect to see Giulia on NXT programming, the belief within NXT is that she will have her debut match at NXT Heatwave on July 7th, and is expected to be challenging for one of the NXT Women's Championships at the event. Brennan was also told that Giulia visited the WWE Performance Center during her recent time in the United States.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017

View: https://x.com/ProWFinesse/status/1780273282249290208

Giulia and WWE update, per Fightful:

On Monday morning, Rossy Ogawa announced his new promotion, Marigold, in a press conference. Among the talents introduced for the promotion was Giulia, who has long been expected to be a part of the launch of Rossy's venture.

Fightful Select's Corey Brennan has learned from sources close to the situation that Giulia is expected to work at least "a handful" of matches in Marigold before hopefully reporting to the WWE Performance Center in late June/early July.

Brennan has also learned from sources in NXT production and creative that while WWE could obtain the rights to Giulia's current theme music, there are currently no plans to do so at this time. As far as presentation goes, Brennan has also learned that Giulia is currently planned to keep her ring name in WWE.

As far as when fans can expect to see Giulia on NXT programming, the belief within NXT is that she will have her debut match at NXT Heatwave on July 7th, and is expected to be challenging for one of the NXT Women's Championships at the event. Brennan was also told that Giulia visited the WWE Performance Center during her recent time in the United States.

that's so far away tho ;_;

View: https://x.com/gigidolin_wwe/status/1780273653633954225

oh this makeover shit hasn't happened yet?

Last edited:

N64Controller

Nov 2, 2017
People really out there "fat shaming" Sheamus (not putting between " " because i don't think fat shaming is a thing, but mostly b ecause Sheamus isn't even fat), man.

DarkstarIV

Feb 21, 2018
Man uh, there is a surprising amount of pushback regarding Giulia and the plans for her debut from fans online. Even though I kinda expect said debut to be set up by her pinning one of said champions at a Marigold show or something.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
I just realized they had Ivar in his viking shit losing to Shaemus when he was on NXT last week in civies interrupting Oba Femi >_>

sibarraz

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017

View: https://x.com/SainttWolf/status/1780301147636670965

since the internet is being the internet about this (including right here last night in fact!)

I find odd how the second Cody became The Ace people have been shitting on him on the most trivial stuff

Is like the second someone becomes the face of the WWE fans want some reason to have them, like previously people were shitting on Roman for barely appearing, now Cody is being criticized by how he holds the title appearing too much and dont having a feud the second after he finished wm

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
Matt out there tweeting more Bray stuff

View: https://x.com/MATTHARDYBRAND/status/1780230448355934600

I find odd how the second Cody became The Ace people have been shitting on him on the most trivial stuff

Is like the second someone becomes the face of the WWE fans want some reason to have them, like previously people were shitting on Roman for barely appearing, now Cody is being criticized by how he holds the title appearing too much and dont having a feud the second after he finished wm

Crowds still seem fine at least... for now.

Karsha

May 1, 2020
Not sure how it was done in TNA but a friend kept hyping it and after it happened in WWE, I thought that Matt "Broken" gimmick was the best example on how people hype stuff just because it isn't in WWE. It was one of the worst things I've seen tbh.

sibarraz

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
To be fair, none of the guys related to Bray Wyatt were known for their wrestling skills, that includes Bray

My only issue is that spooky matt only works when he is in his funny broken mode, and I dont even know if people want to watch that

DiegoPaulino

Aug 24, 2023
To be fair, none of the guys related to Bray Wyatt were known for their wrestling skills, that includes Bray

My only issue is that spooky matt only works when he is in his funny broken mode, and I dont even know if people want to watch that

The in Ring hability were never the problem, the problem were how to make both of guys in the ring look good. With fiend or other spooky bray matches the other guy always looked bad.

Rygar1126

Oct 27, 2017
Absolutely zero interest in any non-Bray Wyatt spooky shenanigans.

Please do not bring back Matt Hardy or spooky ghost girl Alexa Bliss. Bo can return as himself but not Mtn Dew Pitch Black favorite Uncle Howdy.

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
I'm staking my hot take
Uncle Howdy's spoopy shenanigans will end up better than the entire run of Bray post since he jobbed to Orton at mania (the first time for the belt, not the second as the fiend)
Exception given to the firefly funhouse which Bo could never surpass, but the rest should be a low bar to clear, as creative as Bray was...damn his booking was the drizzling shits

This visual is purest condensed wrestling, I don't care what anyone says
How can one snapshot condense all the glory of the graps so succinctly?! drama! suplexes! emotions! betrayal/heel turns! using real life marriage for heat!

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
Rhea's injury really highlights the lack of star power on Raw's women's side.
The talent is absolutely not in question, but so many of the women are just floating around in front of an understandably indifferent audience that you couldn't just put the belt on one of the numerous talents with good in ring skills and have them actually feel like the champ, even if a bit of build could get them there (reheat shayna!), but they're saying to crown a new champ as soon as next week? just too short notice for many of them to feel believable to me after all the time spent building Rhea.

I feel like Nia, Liv and Becky are the frontrunners, not that I want those first two, but they've at least had enough booking around them in recent times to make them more notable than say Raquel, Candice or Teagan who probably still long for their NXT days where they actually had matches longer than 5 minutes.
Or maybe an early "draft" from smackdown.
scorched earth option: Natalya, in 2024

fun fact: Trish is still on the raw roster according to WWE.com
...ONE MORE RUN?!

GalaxyDive

Oct 25, 2017
Not sure how it was done in TNA but a friend kept hyping it and after it happened in WWE, I thought that Matt "Broken" gimmick was the best example on how people hype stuff just because it isn't in WWE. It was one of the worst things I've seen tbh.
It was, much, much better done in TNA. WWE Broken Matt was basically trying to speedrun the greatest hits of the gimmick in a neutered form without proper build, context, or time.

It's sort of the same problem that Senile Vince main roster booking had with black and gold NXT. Entire characters with long feud histories etc would get boiled down to a single gimmick and never get a chance.

DiegoPaulino

Aug 24, 2023
It was, much, much better done in TNA. WWE Broken Matt was basically trying to speedrun the greatest hits of the gimmick in a neutered form without proper build, context, or time.

It's sort of the same problem that Senile Vince main roster booking had with black and gold NXT. Entire characters with long feud histories etc would get boiled down to a single gimmick and never get a chance.

The other problem was, when they got to WWE, Matt didn't had the rights of his Broken Universe on Impact, so they couldn't take advantage of his moment and popularity at that time. When Matt got the rights he was already "Woken", so it was too late.

GalaxyDive

Oct 25, 2017
The other problem was, when they got to WWE, Matt didn't had the rights of his Broken Universe on Impact, so they couldn't take advantage of his moment and popularity at that time. When Matt got the rights he was already "Woken", so it was too late.
Yeah, that too. Because of the rights issues and whatever else, they waited way too long after the initial nostalgia run buzz faded to pull the trigger. Besides getting a neutered version of the character, they absolutely failed to take advantage of the immediate popularity - you had a gigantic Mania crowd doing a DELETE chant when they showed up and were unable to cash-in on it.

Wonky Mump

Oct 30, 2017
So, on NXT they just wrote Gulak out by saying No Quarter Catch Crew went to Di'Angelo Family to get rid of him.

If Dempsey's going to take over the lead of the group, he's gonna need to work on his mic skills.

DiegoPaulino

Aug 24, 2023

Wonky Mump

Oct 30, 2017
Je'Von Evans coming through the crowd and jumping over Ilja in the ring was pretty cool - love how NXT does open challenges by having roster members run out and mini-brawl with the rule that the person who goes "eye to eye" is the one to accept the challenge.

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017
Young OG is the perfect name. Kid will go far if he can stay injury free. I just always worry about high flyers.